How much whinging will a Geelong premiership bring?

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 the exception. If Varcoe didn't panic we would've levelled the score against Hawthorn and gone into overtime with all of the momentum. Keep in mind we were without 2 top 5 players in this game also.

No matter who won that was beating Freo the next week. Again another Hawthorn beating Geelong where it matters situation.

Last i checked, giving up a 4 goal lead at 3qtr time, as well as conceding 10 of the last 11 scores of the game, isn't going into overtime with the momentum. Nor was Geelong a shoe in against Freo, who beat them on their own home deck just a couple of weeks earlier.

I think Geelong fans have this crazy over-inflated sense of worth in the AFL landscape.

No one really cares about your team.

In fact, from people I've spoken to the only comments about Geelong are how much they sook about every aspect of the game (lead of course by your coach)

Playboi Carti out now on all streaming services!

One thing is for certain, even if Adelaide belts them many Cats fans will still believe they have the wood over Adelaide and are the better team.

One thing is for certain, even if Adelaide belts them many Cats fans will still believe they have the wood over Adelaide and are the better team.
Well we did beat Adelaide in Geelong by more than they beat us in Adelaide.
We also finished equal on the ladder in terms of W/L/D.

Our midfield embarrasses there's but their forwardline makes ours look like a joke. Backline, take your pick but ours will be better when Lever leaves in 4 weeks.

Given that we've made 8 preliminary finals in the last 11 years, won 75% of our games and won 3 flags, a lot of people are understandably sick of us dominating year in, year out.

There seems to be a lot of angst being directed at us as a result, and I feel us winning the premiership this year will be the straw that breaks the backs of a lot of football supporters, particularly Hawks and Crows supporters.

Thoughts?
Lol at thinking you'll win the premiership

Given that we've made 8 preliminary finals in the last 11 years, won 75% of our games and won 3 flags, a lot of people are understandably sick of us dominating year in, year out.

There seems to be a lot of angst being directed at us as a result, and I feel us winning the premiership this year will be the straw that breaks the backs of a lot of football supporters, particularly Hawks and Crows supporters.

Thoughts?

Dominated year in and year out?

Dogs won the flag last year.

Hawks won the three previous to that.

Sydney won in 2012.

Geelong did win in 2011.

Collingwood won in 2010.

Where exactly is the domination by Geelong? I think you mean Hawthorn?

Sydney won in 2012.

Geelong did win in 2011.

Collingwood won in 2010.

8 PF's in 11 years. I know that is not 8 premierships, but plenty of clubs would be envious of that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney won in 2012.

Geelong did win in 2011.

Collingwood won in 2010.

Getting confused with home and away dominance I think. Which as we all know, is irrelevant if you don't walk away with silverware.

On the original post, strangely I think Hawks fans, the knowledgable ones at least, can appreciate how much it takes to stay good for a long time, owing both to their similar length of time at the top in the 80s, and their recent success.

I think the mutual respect between the two sides has grown and the two of us, along with Sydney, have 'stood against' the measures from the Afl to try and share success. So there's almost a degree of affirmation when one of the three succeeds.

Hungry for the pre-salt. That's funny.

On the original post, strangely I think Hawks fans, the knowledgable ones at least, can appreciate how much it takes to stay good for a long time, owing both to their similar length of time at the top in the 80s, and their recent success.

I think the mutual respect between the two sides has grown and the two of us, along with Sydney, have 'stood against' the measures from the Afl to try and share success. So there's almost a degree of affirmation when one of the three succeeds.
It shows what's possible but that's it. Hawthorn neee some list changes to ever get close again

Unless you are a Hawthorn or Adelaide fan, I doubt that a Geelong premiership would cause a stir.

If Richmond don't win it, I'd want Geelong to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back