How much whinging will a Geelong premiership bring?

Remove this Banner Ad

Eh, better them than Richmond. Hold up though, don't act for one second like there wasn't a horde of Geelong supporters bitching and moaning about how we weren't as good as them for every second during our 3 peat! Let's not even go to 08. That's the way footy do be.

I'm not sick of the team.

Just their fans.
Funny what happens when a team gets bagged and is the butt of jokes for a couple of decades. Dont cry now that Tiges supporters can give some back.

Some of you oppo supporters are pathetic. Even before the qualifying final people on your board going on about how Tiges are pathetic and will go out in straight sets.
Then "boo hoo we beat you 13 times in a row, including some massive thumping and gave you s**t for over a decade but 1 loss and 1 week of Tigers supporters being up and about and Im already sick of it :'(:'(:'(:'("

Last i checked, giving up a 4 goal lead at 3qtr time, as well as conceding 10 of the last 11 scores of the game, isn't going into overtime with the momentum. Nor was Geelong a shoe in against Freo, who beat them on their own home deck just a couple of weeks earlier.
i pretty much agree- felt like the cats were just holding on in the last quarter of the 2013 prelim.
i do believe the dockers choked in the subsequent granny, and may well have if against the cats

Few of those teams are based in the same city they play in, so if you're going to bitch and moan about that, you get far MORE home games than most Vic teams.
No, every Docklands team is based in Melbourne.

Reliant on about 5 players nup
Nup. The false narrative that keeps on giving. At least it seems to have moved on from the two man team fallacy that was doing the rounds.

Neither Dangerfield or Selwood has been Geelong's most consistent and best player this year.

No, every Docklands team is based in Melbourne.

Not in the City of Melbourne.

Top of my head, only 3 teams are based in the city of Melbourne...Richmond, Collingwood, and Melbourne (not sure about Melbourne). None of those are based/train at the ground they play on.

Bulldogs are in the city of Maribynong, Hawthorn in Monash, etc etc etc.

Absolute respect for Geelong.

Takes a phenomenal effort to put yourself in contention year in, year out.

And that's what it's all about,

1960 grand final loss
1964 grand final loss
1966 grand final loss by 1 point
1970 grand final loss after being 44 points up
1977 two grand finals and still no win
1979 grand final loss
1980 grand final loss
1981 grand final loss
Double checks poster is Colliwobble fan and wants to feel better about history of 9 grand final failures in between 32 year drought---Check

Geelong 1989 grand final loss
Geelong 1992 grand final loss
Geelong 1994 grand final loss
Geelong 1995 grand final loss
Geelong 2007 finally win a grand final after 44 years.
Next year chokes what should have been another golden opportunity.
Gets back off canvas and at least wins 2 more but still never gets fully over the famous 2008 choke

Winning them is what it is all about.
Getting in contention and blowing many chances is only what it is all about for those that destined to be the brides maid more often than not when opportunity knocks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 weeks later and you're still whinging lol can't wait for the petition to come out to get the grand final moved if both our clubs win this week.
Brisbane played a "home" prelim at the MCG.... seems crazy now

He's not answering, I'll have to try someone else.

Hi Ant_ why did this thread get moved here?

Pretty sure the MB mods moved it to the Bae cos trolling etc? Who ferkin knows.

Then we flicked it to the D\H board for teh lolz

Remove this Banner Ad

Back