ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
How often does the average BFer enjoy an alcoholic beverage? I myself in summer have 2 or so after work, usually three or sometimes four on weekends, in winter probably 2 a week.

I drink on a Friday night before crick
Hang on, I'm not allowed to say that aren't I...*

*obviously a joke, I'm underage and it's illegal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh sometimes every day.

Try to limit it though. I can really easily go without it on Monday to Wednesday and even Thursday, but when I have nothing to do it's my go-to.

Pretty much exclusively a beer drinker. Like a wine now and then, will give a cider a crack on a stinker, but yeah. I'm generally into it and can always pick the right option for whatever the weather or vibe is.

My main issue is that everything is better with it. Music sounds better, tastes great, it's the perfect accompaniment to cooking a meal. Sometimes it even complements a meal. I can't have anything Italian without a red, but I have a glass and a half and that's it. I tell myself it's okay because it's pulse pasta and the sauce is vegetarian. I have a pretty much vegetarian and good diet so that's how I justify it from a health perspective. And as a young man I don't smoke cigs, I don't like weed, and I haven't taken drugs for years. But I just find it pretty hard to avoid ducking into the local for a few. Beautiful Sunday arvo? Walk down, have a sixer. At a gig? Gotta have a beer.

Find it difficult to just limit it to a couple though, generally always attack them and find it pretty easy to go through seven or eight just at home. I'd say I drink 3-4 stubbies twice a week and then a dozen twice a week.

Thankfully though, I don't struggle without it. It's basically a fill-in for boredom. When I was working 10 hour days, I'd get up at 6:30/7 and walk to work, walk back from home, have tea and pretty much head straight to bed. A few times a week I'd take my book and have a solo at a pub but I rarely drank. The other thing was I was doing 15, 20,000 steps on those days and the idea of all those carbs from beer made all the exercise redundant. It was and still is easy for me to say no.

Ultimately, if I don't have to say no to a beer, I won't.

Usually just socially, even then not much, but will sometimes unwind at night with a glass of chardonnay or sav blanc. Very rarely get drunk, though someone did find me asleep on my mate's lawn about 10am the morning after my 50th a few months ago.

Usually just socially, even then not much, but will sometimes unwind at night with a glass of chardonnay or sav blanc. Very rarely get drunk, though someone did find me asleep on my mate's lawn about 10am the morning after my 50th a few months ago.

My finest hour was vomiting up into a bin on King St at 3am. Managed to get it all in the bin tho and none in my hair. :thumbsu:
And a very nice guy got me a bottle of water.

Can say tho I've never passed out from alcohol- never want to either.

Rarely these days.

Had a rumndry with a twist of lemon the other nite to calm the nerves before catching up with a bird

Prefer to smoke a blunt to wind down. Much healthier. Make better decisions and don't blow as much coin as long as you stay away from pizza bars crispy kremes and chocalate isles in supermarkets.

Footy is abetter experience as well. You take more in.

Can say tho I've never passed out from alcohol- never want to either.
One night I had that experience. Passed out intermittently but somehow made my way home and slept on the floor. Not pleasant. I had about 20 shots of bourbon/vodka in a very short space of time.

I haven't had a drink in well over a decade.

Don’t really drink on weeknights but go fairly hard on weekends - I play and sing at a lot of weddings and the free piss gets a big run.
I was rampant at uni - 4, 5 nights a week vomiting and passing out etc.

Too much TBH.

Wouldn't say I drink frequently but have a tendency to go too hard. Doesn't help I'm a light weight drinker too. New work XMas party will be interesting. Crown, unlimited food and drink
Pretty much all weekends I drink though

Back