Gym & Misc How often do you go to the gym?

How many days a week do you do gym?

• Three

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Four

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Five

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Six

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Seven

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You can find science to back up almost any claim, so it's pointless to hide behind the 'it's backed by science' argument.

True, everything quoted in the book is backed by controlled study groups with references.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong but was definitely a worthy read with a lot to be learnt.

just looked it up...

1 set of 1 exercise per week with each session consisting 4 - 6 exercises...each rep tot total secs to the point of failure

rest 6 days and repeat

12mins under tension, not training time

let me ask you this...as an athlete, if i squatted 100kgs in 3secs (eccentric/concentric contraction) and you did it 15secs then why is your way better then mine?

you're buying from the author/s not amazon...if it's so good then tell me

if i want to jump higher then how does time under load help or not help me - go

Did you research the source that gave you all the info taught in PT school or did you take it as a given?

If time under load training opposed to faster & higher reps causes your quads to be stronger then stronger quads would help you jump higher I imagine?

i didn't learn anything in pt school...i already knew it all from what i'd learnt previously (so no i'm not ignorant)

big quads doesn't equate to jumping higher...do you think cyclist and cross country skiiers can jump high? they have the biggest quads on the planet

squatting slow is not the same motor pattern as jumping which is an explosive pattern, not even the same muscle pattern because of the speed difference

so if we go for a rebound you're 2secs into your descent but I've already grabbed the ball out of the air buy hey, you spend only 12mins in the gym compared to my 200 or so per week

just looked it up...

1 set of 1 exercise per week with each session consisting 4 - 6 exercises...each rep tot total secs to the point of failure

rest 6 days and repeat

12mins under tension, not training time

let me ask you this...as an athlete, if i squatted 100kgs in 3secs (eccentric/concentric contraction) and you did it 15secs then why is your way better then mine?

Not my way but the 15 second way uses all four muscle fibres opposed to your way that may only need two muscle fibres so your way isn't complete.
Do yourself a favour , research the Author n read the book.

Who knows, you may learn something!

There's training institutes in America that train their clients this way & have done for a while, obviously with a few adaptions tailored to the clients goals or sport.

as an athlete do i really want to train all 4 muscle fibres for jumping? do i need to?

you've read the book that explains it all why can't you give me some insight?

like i said i know the author, i have the static contraction book from years and years ago

i didn't learn anything in pt school...i already knew it all from what i'd learnt previously (so no i'm not ignorant)

big quads doesn't equate to jumping higher...do you think cyclist and cross country skiiers can jump high? they have the biggest quads on the planet

squatting slow is not the same motor pattern as jumping which is an explosive pattern, not even the same muscle pattern because of the speed difference

so if we go for a rebound you're 2secs into your descent but I've already grabbed the ball out of the air buy hey, you spend only 12mins in the gym compared to my 200 or so per week

When did I mention it causes big quads?
Don't need big quads door them to be strong as you know.
BBS is about force & stimulating different mechanisms that causes strength & not over training.
Wouldn't you agree to perform best the muscle should be recovered completely before training it again?

stronger but bigger actually...

recovery is important to is it best to trash a muscle once a week and give it 7 days to recover? is 7 days too long before it needs to be trained again? how come every 7 days is the magical number? and how do you know if you are completely recovered or not?

as an athlete do i really want to train all 4 muscle fibres for jumping? do i need to?

you've read the book that explains it all why can't you give me some insight?

like i said i know the author, i have the static contraction book from years and years ago

If I've taken the time n effort to read the book why shouldn't you?

No one learns anything by hearing the answer without the explanation.

That's like employing you as my PT & saying, Just give my the muscle cos I can't be bothered doing the training n hard work.

i'll read that and you can read the 2000 billion words i've read over the journey...sounds like you're an affiliate of this book or something which would explain your jedi-type love for it

Wouldn't you agree to perform best the muscle should be recovered completely before training it again?
Sure, but isn't this why people do splits? I train a muscle group probably every ~5 days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stronger but bigger actually...

recovery is important to is it best to trash a muscle once a week and give it 7 days to recover? is 7 days too long before it needs to be trained again? how come every 7 days is the magical number? and how do you know if you are completely recovered or not?

That's the 60 million dollar question, recovery time varies for each individual due to many factors.

7 days Is used as a guideline, some need 10 , other 5.

I imagine someone juiced up will recovery quicker so they can do the big 5 more often.

Genetics & diet plays a role too.

and this week i'll do the following:

- train squats max effort in a row
- train military and bench press sub maximal 5 days in a row
- sprint 6 or 7 days in a row

That's the 60 million dollar question, recovery time varies for each individual due to many factors.

7 days Is used as a guideline, some need 10 , other 5.

I imagine someone juiced up will recovery quicker so they can do the big 5 more often.

Genetics & diet plays a role too.

but the book says 7...its the same as the max contraction book but a different program...in that one you'd hold the strongest range of movement position x 5 - 15secs with a max load and train every 5 - 7 days...same s**t different method

I have always enjoyed Drew Baye`s take on it, he is full on into short HIIT.
He reckons lifters spend way to much time lifting, and more importantly spend way to much time on multiple movements per muscle/group as its totally unnecessary . His theories are nothing new, but then again not a lot are. This is his facebook https://www.facebook.com/dbhit
and this is a great vid to watch. (its long but worth it)

Do you guys go to gym , or train/exercise where ever, so often because you enjoy it or because you believe the more sessions you do the more it benefits you/better results , just curious?

Definitely enjoyment. And it's not just enjoying the session itself, most important are the benefits that carry over into your day/week when training consistently. If I stick to the gym, I'm more likely to stick to other habits that I see as positive and rewarding. Without the foundational emotional stability and confidence exercise seems to provide I'm more likely to fall into laziness and vice. For me it's about living the kind of life I want to live rather than concrete goals.

Do you guys go to gym , or train/exercise where ever, so often because you enjoy it or because you believe the more sessions you do the more it benefits you/better results , just curious?
I enjoy both it and the results - its nice to see how your body can change etc and know that through your hard work you've caused it.
It's also confidence building :thumbsu:

i'll read that and you can read the 2000 billion words i've read over the journey...sounds like you're an affiliate of this book or something which would explain your jedi-type love for it

Hey Uncle Doug, nah no affiliation at all!

Just being devils advocate, I like challenging modern day methods whether it be training or diet.

Hey Uncle Doug, nah no affiliation at all!

Just being devils advocate, I like challenging modern day methods whether it be training or diet.
you can't plays devil advocate because you fins something different if you don't really know or understand why its better, not simply because some blokes said so

it will work for s mall minority of people who "to feel the burn" so to speak but we all know the burn means nothing

I have always enjoyed Drew Baye`s take on it, he is full on into short HIIT.
He reckons lifters spend way to much time lifting, and more importantly spend way to much time on multiple movements per muscle/group as its totally unnecessary . His theories are nothing new, but then again not a lot are. This is his facebook https://www.facebook.com/dbhit
and this is a great vid to watch. (its long but worth it)

definitely not going to watch a 2hr vid but i'm on board the multiple exercises thing - 1 per session is all that's required...and you donlt have to hit each muscle directly either...like i posted above this week i'll train 8 exercises squats, military press, bench press, line jumps, core, hip thrusts, bounding and sprints and next week is the same but variations of

i'm not on board the 1 set to failure thing, it only works for real experienced lifters who can physically and mentally put everything into 1 set - that takes experience to actually do that - otherwise it won't be enough and it will be too infrequent

what does the vid say about it baz?

I hope lifters watch that vid. If they do im tipping they will hate it as it goes against everything they stand for. It will be tough love, but stick fat.

Glad I watched it, some interesting n valid points.
Very similar concept to Body by Science, 3sec movement up n down or down n up & a few more reps n exercises allowed but still only one set per exercise.
this Vid was in 2009 when the BBS was released ,in fact he mentions BBS in the vid.

Dave Asprey advocates BBS workouts as part of the bullet proof exercise program.

Yeah it's a shame won't watch it, ignorance never gets you anywhere.

Back