How seriously do you take football?

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Thread starter #276
Won't go watch my team play so I can switch channels in between goals and breaks to watch the other game on Fox Footy.

Yeah. Not that serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

__Nantes__

Team Captain
AFL Club
Richmond
Enjoy talking about footy and watching footy very much.

In terms of seriousness, when I was young a loss would make the weekend/Monday at school disappointing compared to the high you got after a win.

I've found since becoming an adult I don't get the thrill after a win but couldn't care less after a loss. I guess that's perspective in life.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Thread starter #281
Not so seriously any more. Used to yell and scream my lungs out during games but just dont care so much. Nothing to do with the state of the game or any bs like that. More to do with feeling like ive seen the best Eagles teams ever during the 90's and 00's. Similar to cricket. After experiencing a golden era of Warne, Gilchrist, McGrath, Ponting, Waugh, Clarke, Hayden, Langer, Lee, etc its hard to get excited about the next batch coming through when you know you've probably seen the best Australian cricket team in your lifetime retire.

Im not sure if the Eagles will ever be able to beat the 90's of Matera, Kemp, Sumich, Heady, Worsfold, Jackovich or the 00's of Cousins, Judd, Kerr, Cox, Glass, Waters, Embley, Wirrpanda, Chick. I miss the old days :(
LOL!!!!!

Well a premiership wasn't bad now was it!

AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur.
I do but do the AFL? I mean with a player climbing the post while a guy setting up to take a shot , with international sports followers wondering what the hell is going, they must think it,s a tactic. They,ed be asking , why doesn,t he have step ladder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

T G M

Senior List
AFL Club
Geelong
I thoroughly love AFL football. It is my favourite thing in life (after my family) I do not follow a team and have always followed players, since 2007 it has been Gary Ablett junior. In the past; Robert Harvey, James Hird, Gary Ablett Senior, Malcolm Blight and Robbie Flower. I genuinely do not care who wins the game, would rather see a great player than a team performance. I love football but do not take it seriously at all, it is just a game.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
I used to, back in the days when it was an actual sport. Now I just treat it as the joke it has become.
It's WWE now. Should be AFE instead as they've demonstrated many times, they'll put money ahead of integrity.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Top Bottom