How the hell do people manage to break their phones?

Remove this Banner Ad

This was my general cry when I saw someone with a cracked phone screen.

I've never broken a phone in 25 odd years of owning mobile phones. It seemed like something only a child would do.

Then yesterday arvo I am rolling the wheelie bin in off the curb and my phone fell through a hole in the pocket of my painting shorts and hit the concrete. Then I rolled over it with the wheelie bin.

RIP phone :(

Then again, I get to upgrade my iPhone 5 today :)

The only one I've killed was by going for a swim with my phone in my pocket.

I've had a mobile since 1995 and that's the only casualty. Never had a cracked screen and have certainly dropped phones more times than I can recall.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Have cracked two screens in my life.

One was years ago when the phone was just 2 days from retirement, so it wasn't a huge deal.

I got a new phone last month and was using it as a light when changing a tyre the other day. As I was putting the wheel on I heard a scraping, assumed it was the wheel against the concrete. Turns out it was the wheel against my phone driving my screen into the concrete. So now I nice scratches and a small crack in the top corner. :(

I had 2 phones from 2004-2017. Been lucky. Maybe 2-3 fortunate/low drops on concrete/bitumen in that time, otherwise carpet/lino.

Had siblings that regularly lost phones or forgot it was in their pocket when they went swimming.

Mine's got cracks galore and it's not even that old.

I've never broken a phone in 25 odd years of owning mobile phones. It seemed like something only a child would do.

Then yesterday arvo I am rolling the wheelie bin in off the curb and my phone fell through a hole in the pocket of my painting shorts and hit the concrete. Then I rolled over it with the wheelie bin.

But you sit at a desk all day appeasing your advertisers.

Under those conditions I'd agree with you lol

Like all your other pants don't have holes in the pocket. Pervert.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do people use these big screen phones? I have 2 weeks to decide if it does the job, but how do people carry these things in their pockets?
Yep. Pain. Got an OPPO up from a Huawei and just the size difference sitting in the top pocket is crazy. My OPPO is too top heavy so it can fall out. Sits on the ground nearby or up out of tools harm.

But general use is OK. Not sure if I will go bigger

Yep. Pain. Got an OPPO up from a Huawei and just the size difference sitting in the top pocket is crazy. My OPPO is too top heavy so it can fall out. Sits on the ground nearby or up out of tools harm.

But general use is OK. Not sure if I will go bigger
Watching the footy on my iPhone 5s was almost pointless.

One night I went out til the HJs on Swanston / Flinders weren't serving burgers and chips. Me and a mate walked over the bridge via the little floating dock thing down near Flinders Street Station, just through the tunnel. Got to his front door and realised I didn't have my phone on me. Woke up the next morning with a memory of throwing my bag into the Yarra so ahhh anyone want an old 5C with a heap of trash on it from when I was 21, ahhh, dive to the bottom of the Yarra.

Cracked my first ever screen at the start of the year, was getting house keys out of the pocket and my phone slide out of the pocket and landed on the screen :mad:

Phone fell down the side of my car and I opened a door upon arrival at my destination, resulting in the phone falling onto the bitumen, breaking the screen, and also partly removing the menu button.

so far I have cracked one screen
fell off my knee onto tiles and landed the wrong way
kept that phone for another two years though as it still worked

since then I've had cases
Same way I cracked my old one. Only phone I ever broke. And I just put a screen protector on it after I broke it to protect my fingers from glass shards and used it for another year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back