How the Richmond Football Club Built an AFL Dynasty (YouTube)

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Nice vid. Well done :thumbsu: .

Just to be pedantic, the target of zero debt & 75k members (& 3 finals) was part of the first 5 year plan rather than the 2020 target (of 3 flags).

1623716339062.png

The age claims a top4 finish and 3 finals

mighty tiges

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2002
oneeyed-richmond.com
AFL Club
Richmond
View attachment 1155622

The age claims a top4 finish and 3 finals
Yep.

The Tigers are determined to rouse the sleeping giant of football and their dormant fans through their plan, which carries a motto of 3-0-75. The motto stands for playing finals three times, having zero debt and signing 75,000 members within the next five years.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-plan-to-be-top-victorian-club-20100303-pizq.html

In 2010, Richmond president Gary March and then new chief executive Brendon Gale drew up a plan called Winning Together. The shorthand for its objectives was 3-0-75: three finals series, zero debt and 75,000 members within five years, and in the fanciful footnotes, three premierships by 2020.

Awesome vid.

We were everyone's Grand Final even then,remember the celebrations by oppos when K.Hunt beat us?

All the ninth garbage lol.

Love the way we traded to get to that dynasty,preseason and rookie picks and not many high first rounders.

Dylan Grimes overlooked,what a champ he is to our club now.

"We can't let anger and finger pointing decide our future" wise words from Peggy O'Neil.

The 2017 final against the Giants still the loudest crowd in the history of Sport in this country,media always conveniantly forget that day of course.

#

Last edited:
I remember bumping into Brandon Eliis's folks at Punt Rd waiting for a bus to the Family day at Burnley while our facilities were being built.

Brandon's old man's phone rang and the Richmond theme song roared out,it used to be Collingwood's he told me lol.

Oct 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Heat
I remember bumping into Brandon Eliis's folks at Punt Rd waiting for a bus to the Family day at Burnley while our facilities were being built.

Brandon's old man's phone rang and the Richmond theme song roared out,it used to be Collingwood's he told me lol.
Now he just has that trumpet s**t for his message tone

3-0-75

Everyone laughed at him (Benny Gale) but he fulfilled his mission.

The Fighting Tiger fund really galvanised the club,was a master stroke and gave our club the funds to build our magnificent new facilities especially the new turf at Punt Road,now it’s pristine.

Back