Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PurpleReign95

Senior List
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ive been thinking over the past few week about how to honour the great man.
In my opinion the options would be
1. Retire the number 29, not really done in afl, only really number 42 at Collingwood (Darren Millane)
2. Statue at new stadium, giving the fist pump!
3. Statue at new training ground
4. Name a stand at the new stadium
5. Name the new training ground after him
6. Change the name of the dockers to the Fremantle Pavs ;)

I've gone the stand at the new ground, I think a statue at the new training ground would also be a good move.

Perhaps naming the runner up in the Doig to the Pavlich medal might also be something of worth or at least the goalkicking leader to receive the Pavlich medal.

I'd shudder to think of a statue being made of me (not that it would, just saying), and Pavlich seems the kind of man who'd be the same. A stand at the new ground... yeah, that might work.

The Doig medal though... I'm with Clivenator here, sort of. Without taking anything away from George, Fremantle is not North or South Fremantle, and the name was chosen at the time because as a new team we didn't have anything better.

Is it time to change the Doig to something uniquely AFL Fremantle?

Doig renamed to the Pavlich Medal, all previous winners will still be under Doig but now is our chance to name it after a true Fremantle Football Club icon.
Yeah this.

Or what Clivenator said. Good suggestions.

Would be happy with a stand named after him.

Ffs Gws bnf is the kevin sheedy medal. Woops

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have been saying fir years we are too pavcentric. Revisionists must erase him from the history books. Or a bronze statue by the new stadium would be nice too.

I've gone the stand at the new ground, I think a statue at the new training ground would also be a good move.

Perhaps naming the runner up in the Doig to the Pavlich medal might also be something of worth or at least the goalkicking leader to receive the Pavlich medal.
I like the Goal Scorer idea :)

Seems like I'm in the minority, but I like the Doig. For starters I like that clueless Vics often don't have a clue what it means. Reminds them that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Secondly it symbolically ties the club to a geographical root in Fremantle football history itself. Doig is more than synonymous with East and South Freo the clubs, but Freo influence on WA football in general.

I love Pav, and certainly something(s) should be named after him, but the Doig should stay.

Seems like I'm in the minority, but I like the Doig. For starters I like that clueless Vics often don't have a clue what it means. Reminds them that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Secondly it symbolically ties the club to a geographical root in Fremantle football history itself. Doig is more than synonymous with East and South Freo the clubs, but Freo influence on WA football in general.

I love Pav, and certainly something(s) should be named after him, but the Doig should stay.
95% of west aussies wouldn't know what the doig is either. Its time for a change use ffc heros dont use heros from other minor clubs

Back