How to Pay off your mortgage this week

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Isn't Foley going to be back this week? I don't normally bet, but this week I will, and it will be on Richmond on the line.

This is a different Richmond team the Swans are facing. Not too mention that Richmond had a week off. Richmond for me.

Doug Hogan

Debutant
Suspended
Feb 10, 2010
Surfers Paradise
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Marcellin
Isn't Foley going to be back this week? I don't normally bet, but this week I will, and it will be on Richmond on the line.

This is a different Richmond team the Swans are facing. Not too mention that Richmond had a week off. Richmond for me.

Yeh, the week off worked a treat for the young Melbourne side who are , accordingly to most on here, more advanced than Richmond. The week off is one of the key reasons I am so confident-they have had two weeks to feel pretty good about themsleves! Foley hasn't played for six weeks.

Swans by plenty and Richmond continue to be their bitch!!

Roby

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeh, the week off worked a treat for the young Melbourne side who are , accordingly to most on here, more advanced than Richmond. The week off is one of the key reasons I am so confident-they have had two weeks to feel pretty good about themsleves! Foley hasn't played for six weeks.

Swans by plenty and Richmond continue to be their bitch!!

Yep, Adelaide also had a week off, your theory holds no water. I'll wonder if you will come back and post on this thread next week when I re-quote you.

coasting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2004
Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Cardies
Going by Paul Roos ranting and raving performance last week I would say he has lost the players. He is already gone in their eyes. I wouldn't be putting any money on the Swans.

Fritzorro

Senior List
Jun 28, 2009
Norwood
AFL Club
Adelaide
Port Adelaide v Sydney Swans
7:10pm Sat Jun 12 2010 AS

Q1 3.2 4.2
Q2 6.2 10.4
Q3 8.5 11.6
Q4 8.7 14.9

55 ---- 93

Philth

Club Legend
Feb 4, 2008
Geraldton
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Leeds United
Thanks for the advice. I thought it might have been lights out in the caravan park by now but obviously not

Given the tigers have won three out of four and are only 2.20, I wouldn't have thought it was that obvious, trailer boy and the odds back me up.

I have had $25000 on the Swans at 1.90, which won't quite clear the mortgage but it will make a dent.

You are either -

a. bullshitting us
b. stinking rich, or
c. just plain stupid.

Richmond have every chance of winning this match. Yes i know the Swans have owned us for a long time, but no way would I be betting on them this weekend.

You are either -

a. bullshitting us
b. stinking rich, or
c. just plain stupid.

Richmond have every chance of winning this match. Yes i know the Swans have owned us for a long time, but no way would I be betting on them this weekend.
I pick option c.

Catsace

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Sydney still have a lot of people fooled by their successes of 2005-06 when it comes to their form of recent years. Since 2006, Sydney have gone 1-7 against Geelong, 0-9 against Collingwood, 2-6 against St.Kilda. 2-5 against the Bulldogs and even just 1-4 against Adelaide. Yes they have gorged themselves on sides like Richmond, Carlton and so over the last few years, but they simply do not win out of turn (or even in turn) against the better sides.

Richmond now are a different beast to the pilloried unit they were before their recent little run started. They do play a pretty good style of footy, and are not afraid to take the game on, as they are young and their coach has given them belief. Sydney seem somewhat fragile in that once a side gets on top of them it's all over red rover. Yes they sit 7-6 so far on the table, but to my reckoning they are the side most likely top drop out of the 8.....but for the fact that nobody outside, and i do include North, the only challenger within a bulls roar at the minute, also lack the maturity and power to make finals.

Put it this way, it's a tough way to make a killing, in retrospect St.Kilda, a side that had won 31/37 playing Geelong without three super smalls in Corey, Chappy and Kelly, and with Scarlett and Mooney 1st up from injury, looked magical value at $3.38. Of course, i never took those odds, i can't talk but looking back you will never see the Saints at anything like those figures for years to come i'd suggest. Your 25K would have become over 80K and yes, you could make big bucks there.

jko'neal

Cancelled
Oct 16, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Arsenal
If Sydney trail at all during this match. Roosey won't take out an A4 picture at the break, he will take the Laptop onto the ground and ram it up someone's behind:thumbsu:

CatDog29

Cancelled
Jun 3, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Go the Tigers, never believed I would ever be wanting Richmond to win - but its a Karma thing and the tide has turned for the long term. I do actually think Richmond will win this one.

Well, if, that, is, true, flog, then, shouldn't they be say 1.30 or even, shorter, if, MOST, think they, will, win,,,,,,,?

If 400,000 people have an opinion on this game and 200,001 think the Swans will win, that would be most but it wouldn't justify odds of $1.30

Are you trying to win back all the money that you put on us to go through the season without a win? It's very rare for me to wish a loss on a punter, but I hope you do your dough, and do it well. :thumbsu:

We're not the same team that went to Sydney in R3, and Sydney aren't sending the same team to Melbourne either. They might beat us, but then Port, West Coast and Brisbane all seemed to think they would as well.

Love your use of Bold, by the way.

Doug Hogan

Debutant
Suspended
Feb 10, 2010
Surfers Paradise
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Marcellin
Are you trying to win back all the money that you put on us to go through the season without a win? It's very rare for me to wish a loss on a punter, but I hope you do your dough, and do it well. :thumbsu:

We're not the same team that went to Sydney in R3, and Sydney aren't sending the same team to Melbourne either. They might beat us, but then Port, West Coast and Brisbane all seemed to think they would as well.

Love your use of Bold, by the way.

Thanks.

I can't quite work out why so many are wishing me ill with my bet?

I thought I had made a reasonable case why the Swans are morals but I have had nothing but grief!!

Go Swannies!!

Shane Hird

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan The Cult of Robbo Essendon Player Sponsor 2016
May 8, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
NYJ
Doug.

You're insane.

Seek help.

Doug Hogan

Debutant
Suspended
Feb 10, 2010
Surfers Paradise
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Marcellin
Ohh, I fogot to mention it is Ryan O'keffes 200th game!!

Also, Goodes has been beaten up all week in the media...just watch him rip the tigers apart.

Two more factors the Tigers didn't need but will help me get over the line with my bet!

Just get on guys while you can!

Back