How to watch Carlton games

Remove this Banner Ad

Live pass is solid.

Quality isn't elite but on a small screen (phone, iPad), it looks good. On a large TV? I don't believe it'll look great.

As mentioned earlier, you've got to have a nifty way of running it to the television, because the Murdoch's don't want HD football to the television via the live pass.

We have Foxtel, Netflix and Stan. Probably more out of complacency than necessity. I thoroughly recommend Netflix for the whole family. Plenty for the kids and parents and some really good content. Bit late but started watching Narcos last night and loving it...Australia Day sorted!

That's about as low as it goes, and that's still on a 12-month contract. Foxtel is a month-by-month prospect for an existing user these days, isn't it?

Also requires that they have been inactive for at least 3 months. Would arguably be more cost effective to grab 5 months for about $300, especially if they don't have Telstra for their home phone (if they even have a phone line).

Sure is Jimmae

I've had Foxtel since 2000 when they got the AFL rights and Optus Vision prior since 1995.

Haven't read the whole thread but the AFL live pass doesn't play content in anything near Foxtel's quality. Netflix is $10 a month? Try to get a discount on your foxtel and add Netflix.

I have been using the AFL live pass app on my ipad and Samsung Galaxy s4 for the past two years. I hook my S4 to my Samsung smart tv via a usb to HDMI cable and watch the games on my 55inch screen.
Drop outs occur when i use the home wifi (ADSL) at the same time as my kids. however if i use my mobile data then no problems.
Quality does suffer some but you can still make out the ball and the players enough to know who is who.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much the same quality I see on my large TV with telstra T-Box. You get what you pay for most of the time.

Very true. We had T box and I used to watch a fair bit of footy on that channel. The quality wasn't pure but good enough. I guess if you want the perfect picture you need Foxtel with the HD channels.

I got a deal with Foxtel that was $55 monthly and that was standard package + sports package (AFL) + entertainment package so I can watch TWD, GoT etc and pay $9.00 monthly for Netflix for my daughter. Everything we want for $64.00 monthly..

with respect, BS, tipping people are looking for something a little clearer than that........

With respect t60, in recent years being able to see who has the ball and having legible scores has left me looking for something less clear that....

I got a deal with Foxtel that was $55 monthly and that was standard package + sports package (AFL) + entertainment package so I can watch TWD, GoT etc and pay $9.00 monthly for Netflix for my daughter. Everything we want for $64.00 monthly..

Surely you got the 'adult' channels KohPhi??

With respect t60, in recent years being able to see who has the ball and having legible scores has left me looking for something less clear that....

I got the pixelated package...great option!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back