How to watch the Footy - 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Tso1967

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
London
AFL Club
Geelong
We are quite lucky in the UK. (of course your afternoon games are early hours of the morning here:oops:)
We get 5 AFL matches every week as part of the BT Sports package (4 channels) which
also includes all Aussie A League Soccer games plus IPL/Big Bash Men and Women/Ashes down under cricket.
Champions League/Premier League Soccer plus loads of other sports.
That is without the umpteen Sky Sports channels and Eurosport.
Even Pakistan v Australia is on a free Asian channel.

NORHAN

Draftee
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
I believe it does Pablito - I haven't signed up yet, but from my understanding you can stream all Foxtel sports content (except Eurosport, Premier League
club channels and Sky Racing) live or on-demand, which includes all other sports stations.
As I have to switch to NBN in the next month or two I was looking at the Telstra bundle at $99 for internet standard plus, a mobile sim with unlimited data and 2 years free foxtel now with basic pop and lifestyle and bigpond movies, it also comes with a telstra tv box.

NORHAN

Draftee
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Jul 18, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
As I have to switch to NBN in the next month or two I filezilla uc browser rufus was looking at the Telstra bundle at $99 for internet standard plus, a mobile sim with unlimited data and 2 years free foxtel now with basic pop and lifestyle and bigpond movies, it also comes with a telstra tv box.
club channels and Sky Racing) live or on-demand, which includes all other sports stations.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
Any updates on this for 2020? I ditched Foxtel a month ago as I only want it for Carlton games and literally nothing else.

I was looking at Kayo once the 2020 season re-starts, and I'd like to ditch it as soon as the regular season is over as finals games are usually all on FTA.

I'll refer to a reply I made to someone on the Geelong forum:

Another option on top of a Chromecast or Apple TV is to get an official android tv device. A Mi Box (or newer Mi Box s) or Nvidia Shield TV. I have owned and used both with Kayo and Kodi Kayo add on and all work well. Advantage with these boxes is they have chromecast built in so you can use that or install the app on the box.

Shields are a bit under $300 as major electronics retailers. If you can find a 2017 model for cheaper on ebay or somewhere else or used they are fine too (is what I have). Essentially have the same hardware as new ones.

AlwaysHawks15

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Good luck watching the footy overseas if your anywhere outside the UK or Canada. Only way you can is if someone streams it themselves and puts it on live streaming on YouTube or one of those platforms from what I can tell. Every other platform doesn't allow access. You can only listen to live matches via the AFL app.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back