How We Can Hold The Club Accountable (Petition Added to OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Buckley would have been given an ultimatum by the list management/ football dept that a number of players had to go. There is no way Buckley would be happy with this situation - it will end his dream of a flag and eventually his coaching career. - He would be well aware he will not be in charge once we are ready to challenge again.

Buckley would have had a strong say in which players to put up for trade and he can be judged on that and the manor in which he communicated with those players.

But in the end, the people who created the mess are Hine, Guy and the people who oversee them Walsh and McGuire.
These 4 must go.

A poor season next year and Buckley will be gone too. If he somehow manages to bond the group to play above expectations, well then his ruthless decisions will be judged as correct.

But no result will whitewash the catastrophe that has been our recent salary cap management and trading that forced Buckley into this position.

That is awfully forgiving of the coach. They all deserve equal blame. Put a broom through the organisation, top to toe. Time to start again.

Buckley would have been given an ultimatum by the list management/ football dept that a number of players had to go. There is no way Buckley would be happy with this situation - it will end his dream of a flag and eventually his coaching career. - He would be well aware he will not be in charge once we are ready to challenge again.

Buckley would have had a strong say in which players to put up for trade and he can be judged on that and the manor in which he communicated with those players.

But in the end, the people who created the mess are Hine, Guy and the people who oversee them Walsh and McGuire.
These 4 must go.

A poor season next year and Buckley will be gone too. If he somehow manages to bond the group to play above expectations, well then his ruthless decisions will be judged as correct.

But no result will whitewash the catastrophe that has been our recent salary cap management and trading that forced Buckley into this position.

Do you really think Ed won't extend Buckley's contract next year, even if we aren't doing too well?

That is awfully forgiving of the coach. They all deserve equal blame. Put a broom through the organisation, top to toe. Time to start again.

I'm not all forgiving. If Buckley doesn't get the absolute best from the players next year - then I agree it's time to part ways - even before seasons end.

But in no way is he equally responsible for the salary cap and recent trading shambles. That squarely lies with the 4 I want removed immediately.
Guy & Hine for their direct decisions.
McGuire and Walsh for overseeing it.
Buckley will be judged on the on field performance and attitude.

It’s ok if you want to trade out players but at least treat them with a little respect. There also seems to be a very long list of ex players that don’t see eye to eye with figjam
Can you even call it a trade though? We got rid of good players and got next to nothing really. We had to give away some picks too as well as pay a certain amount of Treloar's salary for the next 5 years.

Do you really think Ed won't extend Buckley's contract next year, especially if we aren't doing too well?
No chance. Buckley will be gone before seasons end if it appears he has lost the players.

Firstly because it would be the correct decision.
Secondly because Ed would even cut Buckley loose to save himself.

No chance. Buckley will be gone before seasons end if it appears he has lost the players.

Won't happen mate. As I've said before, it's a boys club. Ed will extend Nathan's contract for another 2 years I reckon.

Nothing motivates Ed like self-interest

Tell us how we get a message across.

If Eddie needs to go, then so does Walsh, Buckley, Guy..

The only language clubs talk is $$$.
As soon as those in charge step down, i will renew and support the new administration.
I will do the same. It isn't someone's personal property to do as they wish and give scant respect to the clubs members. The club belongs to its members and they should have a voice. Did you see how stonefaced Ned Guy was at the interview yesterday. Is that Collingwood? I don't think so.

I'm not all forgiving. If Buckley doesn't get the absolute best from the players next year - then I agree it's time to part ways - even before seasons end.

But in no way is he equally responsible for the salary cap and recent trading shambles. That squarely lies with the 4 I want removed immediately.
Guy & Hine for their direct decisions.
McGuire and Walsh for overseeing it.
Buckley will be judged on the on field performance and attitude.

Based on the last weeks events, there is enough to suggest that the coach has had considerable influence over how Treloar and Stephenson have left the club. The man is in charge of the culture of the playing group, as much as it is about the on field performance. To think that he is part of what can at best be described as poor communication with his charges is pretty concerning. Publicly discrediting a journalist, only to be caught out in the lie days after? It's laughable.

His time is coming to an end and today I cant say I feel sorry for him.

Not even kidding, on the mymember page I can’t find out to opt out of the auto renew - has anyone done this, how did they find the option?

Can’t see it anywhere.
You can't find it because it is not there. Another shambolic effort by the club. The site is worse than a village tin can shop. You have to email the club, and if they read your email they may opt you out by Monday. The other option is to ask your bank to block the renewal request.

You can't find it because it is not there. Another shambolic effort by the club. The site is worse than a village tin can shop. You have to email the club, and if they read your email they may opt you out by Monday. The other option is to ask your bank to block the renewal request.

Would changing your credit card number to an invalid number work?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Signed the petition. Thought about emailing Maguire but the probable auto response would have left me cleaning vomit from the keyboard..

Based on the last weeks events, there is enough to suggest that the coach has had considerable influence over how Treloar and Stephenson have left the club. The man is in charge of the culture of the playing group, as much as it is about the on field performance. To think that he is part of what can at best be described as poor communication with his charges is pretty concerning. Publicly discrediting a journalist, only to be caught out in the lie days after? It's laughable.

His time is coming to an end and today I cant say I feel sorry for him.

As unlikely as it seems...
If the team was to turn out next season, more united, more driven and more confident - we would have to accept that as outsiders have misjudged the internal machinations and decisions by Buckley.

But nothing can save the list managers. Whatever our success next year, it doesn't erase the facts that they have botched the cap and trading period for a number of years.

A good old Narc. Seems like there’s a pandemic of them!

JUST GOT A REPLY FROM MEMBERSHIP DEPT.

With regards to your most recent request, I have successfully opted you out of any 2021 membership renewals.

We hope to see you back in 2021, and until then I hope that you stay safe and well.
If you have any further questions feel free to reply to this email, or contact us during business hours via webchat from our membership website to speak to a staff member in real-time -

Im not here for likes - just a footy fan that appreciates when members see something wrong and act on it.

Kudos to those that stand up and say that what happened and how it happened is not acceptable. This is bigger than team alliances - thats being respectful to your players - or any players for that matter.

Best of luck

Go Catters

I'm renewing.

I want to retain my reserved seat and the right to attend the AGM and members forum. If a vote ever arises on a new board/presidency, at least I can play a role in what direction the club goes in.
I’m renewing too and won’t be signing the petition. I’m disgusted and angry about what happened but this won’t result in anything. I respect the passion though.

Im not here for likes - just a footy fan that appreciates when members see something wrong and act on it.

Kudos to those that stand up and say that what happened and how it happened is not acceptable. This is bigger than team alliances - thats being respectful to your players - or any players for that matter.

Best of luck

Go Catters
Tell me, what is it like supporting a well run club?

JUST GOT A REPLY FROM MEMBERSHIP DEPT.

With regards to your most recent request, I have successfully opted you out of any 2021 membership renewals.

We hope to see you back in 2021, and until then I hope that you stay safe and well.
If you have any further questions feel free to reply to this email, or contact us during business hours via webchat from our membership website to speak to a staff member in real-time -

How did you get that, was it over just the generic membership email?

I'm renewing.

I want to retain my reserved seat and the right to attend the AGM and members forum. If a vote ever arises on a new board/presidency, at least I can play a role in what direction the club goes in.
Same here. I'm on the payment plan, so if I really get pissed off, I can pull the pin at any time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back