Opinion How we nearly lost Satan

Remove this Banner Ad

A man called Satan leading the Saints.
What could possibly go wrong?? :drunk:

Like Faust, we are making a deal with the devil. What are you prepared to give up in return?

I’d say, give me two premierships in the next 8 years and I’ll give up Big Footy 😊

Like Faust, we are making a deal with the devil. What are you prepared to give up in return?

I’d say, give me two premierships in the next 8 years and I’ll give up Big Footy 😊
My soul was sold some time ago. I'm one of his "Fallen Angels". Come on in, saints'supporters, the pits of sulphur and flames are fine. The devil's not such a bad fellow, once you get to know him.

A man called Satan leading the Saints.
What could possibly go wrong?? :drunk:

I once told my wife that I'd be happy for the Saints to hire Satan himself as coach, with Hitler at Full-Forward, Stalin at half-back, and Pol Pot in ruck, if it would get a flag for her.

I guess having Satan in a management role is probably more appropriate - gotta have someone working the chessboard ;)

Bish

They're welcome to him. Oh please let Carl's um take him. It will remove them as our competition for a decade. Just do it, Carlscum!
Ain't it grand? First they leave Ratts to us when he was the perfect candidate to replace Bolton.

Next, their hypocrisy in moralising over Satan's lust saw them pass him over for their CEO's job.

Let them ice the cake by bringing Elshaug in. I'd love to see them struggle for another decade. They're making the sort of howlers we were renowned for in the past.

Plenty think Carlscum will go rocketing up the ladder, Brisbane 2019 style. Me, I'm not convinced. Their list is far from complete with a large gulf between their best and worst.

The players they appear to rely on, other than Cripps, are past their best. The supposed young guns way too inconsistent. If Newnes spends significant time in the midfield, you'll know they're 10-14th at best. Long may they wallow in their own crapulance.

On the flip side... If we don’t play finals in the next few years he’ll just be another pelican.

He won’t be around to either answer tough questions or bask in praise regardless.

Even if we don't succeed in the next couple of years, Satan's legacy is already greater than the Pelican's could ever be.

Of course you're right about him not hanging around. We salute and he has his pick of jobs. If we don't, he'll still be sought after for a CEO's position, because he's a gun.

Melbourne, Carlton and the Dopers have already missed him through a combination of unique circumstances and their own incompetence.

Even if we don't succeed in the next couple of years, Satan's legacy is already greater than the Pelican's could ever be.

Of course you're right about him not hanging around. We salute and he has his pick of jobs. If we don't, he'll still be sought after for a CEO's position, because he's a gun.

Melbourne, Carlton and the Dopers have already missed him through a combination of unique circumstances and their own incompetence.
I hope we can keep him for another few years yet. So much achieved already imagine where another 3 or 4 more years could take us.

Prosecution wins!
Didn't think 'hearsay' was admissible....but nonetheless the 'lean and hungry one' must stay.... Indeed, by any means necessary. If the cap fits ..President, CEO, if he steers us toward the grail ...KING!!...I suppose, more appropriately, if we take the cup, he'll be seated at the left hand of the Father. Amen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't think 'hearsay' was admissible....but nonetheless the 'lean and hungry one' must stay.... Indeed, by any means necessary. If the cap fits ..President, CEO, if he steers us toward the grail ...KING!!...I suppose, more appropriately, if we take the cup, he'll be seated at the left hand of the Father. Amen.
Depends on the forum, or the standard of proof, Prophetic1. I would suggest the court of public opinion uses the civil court's standard. The balance of probability, rather than the more onerous beyond reasonable doubt.

On that basis, I will claim victory for the prosecution. The Prince of Darkness has done good! 😊🙏👌

Depends on the forum, or the standard of proof, Prophetic1. I would suggest the court of public opinion uses the civil court's standard. The balance of probability, rather than the more onerous beyond reasonable doubt.

On that basis, I will claim victory for the prosecution. The Prince of Darkness has done good! 😊🙏👌
I'd lean toward an adjournment...looking at 'open finding'....a little premature to call victory....a date to be fixed...maybe sometime in september 2020 for psyche eval and then september 2021 for final verdict. Let me be clear...i am a sincere believer but the noose could be just as easily fitted by an angry mob two years hence.;

I'd lean toward an adjournment...looking at 'open finding'....a little premature to call victory....a date to be fixed...maybe sometime in september 2020 for psyche eval and then september 2021 for final verdict. Let me be clear...i am a sincere believer but the noose could be just as easily fitted by an angry mob two years hence.;
In Satan we trust! 🙏😂👍

I hope we evolve as club and don't rely on 1 person/Messiah in the future

Always a Good point....but even many individuals of great worth organising themselves into a Club, Association or Union tend to need the kind of strength, guile and intelligence we feel is imbued within Lethlean. One indviidual that heads the tip of the spear of our destiny. He is a natural Leader. As to whether he is a selfless idealistic man of the club...that's a whole different story I would wager.

If a CEO job became available, he would be gone in a flash. We should all be aware of this.
Of course, sammm. He would've gone already if Campbell hadn't changed his mind. Applied for the Melbourne and Carlscum jobs as well and missed out. Matt and Freddie have to come up with a succession plan that guarantees him our top job sooner rather than later.

I sincerely hope he is mentoring others. Setting a good example as to how get things done. As sammm mentioned, if he gets offered a CEO's position he'll be off quicker than a bride's nightie.

What would his incentive be? I think that'd be brilliant but he would have to make the commitment for a reasonably long haul wouldn't he. Is he that kind of guy?
The money, the kudos, the chance to make history, the boost to his ego. All powerful incentives. With the possibility of him being offered the top job elsewhere, we need to stitch him up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back