How will Jack Darling respond in 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok 2 things -
1) Darling won't be AA or a Coleman medallist in 2017
2) Can we not draw the line between a highly paid professional footballer getting some flack in the media and suicide. Talk about over the top...

Darling will be GOAT.

Darling has the heat on him since last week because his were the most glaring and visible mistakes on a dog of an evening for the club. He didn't have a s**t game, he had a couple of s**t moments. There's plenty of vitriol to spew out of a keyboard when you can focus it on a brain fart and a squib. Particularly if you can draw on a 'history' of it. Much harder to go in hard for someone who was just not at the contest or in the play and was conspicuous by their inconspicuousness.
also a long line of merchant bankers in the media who believe in their own PR and are keen to knock any player who challenges theft FIGJAM elusion

C
Ok 2 things -
2) Can we not draw the line between a highly paid professional footballer getting some flack in the media and suicide. Talk about over the top...

Can we not draw the line between a 24 yold who tried his guts out (unlike half the team) making a few mistakes & sprouting s**t about trading/delisting/dumping! For Ballantyne someone even suggested! Talk about over the top

Ok 2 things -
How do you know he wont be AA? another 15 goals and for him to bridge the gap between his best and worst and he could definitely be in the argument.

Ok 2 things -
Darling makes mistakes but he tries right his wrongs atleast by going again and making a fist of it. At least he ain't a passenger when the heat is on. I rather darling making a few mistakes than the likes of lecras, yeo and hill not turning up.

also a long line of merchant bankers in the media who believe in their own PR and are keen to knock any player who challenges theft FIGJAM elusion
Spud Brad Hardy case in point!

The criticism darling gets for playing for free kicks is justified and it's something he really needs to get out of his game. It's pathetic and is counterproductive because umpires are aware of it so are less inclined to pay him free kicks

The play on was a brain fade. It happens and it was probably a knock on effect of his goal kicking yips in the Adelaide game

Yes he pulled out of the marking contest and it wasn't a good look. Like simmo said he'd like to have that back again. Generally he goes when it's his turn so I'm not going to crucify him on that

Just stop the throwing of the head back jack

The criticism darling gets for playing for free kicks is justified and it's something he really needs to get out of his game. It's pathetic and is counterproductive because umpires are aware of it so are less inclined to pay him free kicks

The play on was a brain fade. It happens and it was probably a knock on effect of his goal kicking yips in the Adelaide game

Yes he pulled out of the marking contest and it wasn't a good look. Like simmo said he'd like to have that back again. Generally he goes when it's his turn so I'm not going to crucify him on that

I thought When he played on and got caught he had a lack of confidence in kicking for goals with a set shot and he just wanted to get it done its something our forwards seem to do a bit,with that lack of confidence ,the top teams forwards just attack the goals, hopefully something we can improve on

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spot on mate but I am more disappointed that the coaching group are not addressing it. They need to tell him next time he drops like he was shot he will be dropped.
I hate he pulled out of that mark the other night but I see him take plenty of marks in packs running back with the ball do I can overlook it as a brain fade.
He does need to toughen up though, he is not soft but he does come across as so sometimes. Not a good look and the whole side gets tainted with it because of these things.

Spot on mate but I am more disappointed that the coaching group are not addressing it. They need to tell him next time he drops like he was shot he will be dropped.
I hate he pulled out of that mark the other night but I see him take plenty of marks in packs running back with the ball do I can overlook it as a brain fade.
He does need to toughen up though, he is not soft but he does come across as so sometimes. Not a good look and the whole side gets tainted with it because of these things.
Yeah very strange, I've watched him live at the G a number of times and every time came away thinking "* Darling must be sore and goes hard, recklessly chasing, tackling and making marking contests" and then he does things like last week...

Last edited:
Yeah very strange, I've watched him live at the G a number of times and every time came away thinking "**** Darling must be sore and goes hard, recklessly chasing, tackling and making making contests" and then he does things like last week...

I don't think people who don't watch it live see what he does behind the scenes he does a lot of bulloching around the ground

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I entirely agree that you have to potentially give up a good player to get a good player in return.

However The speculation we should trade Jack for players like Ballentyne is beyond comprehension.

Ballentyne was good in his day but that was several years ago.

Jack in exchange for a Duncan, Swallow or Lobb make sense and appears reasonable and I expect this is the same opinion of our recruiting team.

Yeah very strange, I've watched him live at the G a number of times and every time came away thinking "**** Darling must be sore and goes hard, recklessly chasing, tackling and making marking contests" and then he does things like last week...

Game was cooked, protecting his pretty face for the wedding. Thought Darling was up and about early in the game, certainly didn't cost us the game. And as for that play on, well a step or 2 has often been allowed before for the player to go back and have a set shot. He was unlucky someone was so close.

Game was cooked, protecting his pretty face for the wedding. Thought Darling was up and about early in the game, certainly didn't cost us the game. And as for that play on, well a step or 2 has often been allowed before for the player to go back and have a set shot. He was unlucky someone was so close.
He was also unlucky the ump went to the Darcy school of personality

T

To be fair, we've been saying that quite regularly since the 2011 semi final against Carlton.

Hard to believe we've had 5 seasons since then.

he played on because he's scared of the spotlight. we've seen enough now to know that he fluffs his lines in the big moments.

suspected he would be a big game flop ever since his first stuttering, stammering, nervous press conference when got drafted.

some guys just aren't born with the required temperament.

he played on because he's scared of the spotlight. we've seen enough now to know that he fluffs his lines in the big moments.

suspected he would be a big game flop ever since his first stuttering, stammering, nervous press conference when got drafted.

:eek:o_O:rolleyes: Are you serious?

A bit harsh ,his positives outway his negatives easily

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back