How will Jack Darling respond in 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

My best mate, who is part of Jack's bridal party and one of his good mates, has confirmed that Simpson thinks that a fresh start would be best for him and the club. Doesn't mean 100% he is leaving, but he is definitely up for trade

My best mate, who is part of Jack's bridal party and one of his good mates, has confirmed that Simpson thinks that a fresh start would be best for him and the club. Doesn't mean 100% he is leaving, but he is definitely up for trade
Contrary to what ive heard ;it wouldnt make sense that Simmo would let him go too important to the team

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Certainly goes against the language coming from Vozzo

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/e...-demons-star-jesse-hogan-20160918-griupi.html

A forthright Vozzo also declared besieged forward Jack Darling off the trade table.

Darling has attracted widespread talk that he could be packaged up for a move, following successive poor finals - against the Western Bulldogs in Perth last week and last season's grand final loss to Hawthorn.

"We want Jack at our football club for a long time," Vozzo said.

"Tall forwards like him are very hard to get and certainly he thinks he's got another level of growth in his game and so do we.

"We think we've got a development system and with his energy and his mindset he's going to get better."

Contrary to what ive heard ;it wouldnt make sense that Simmo would let him go too important to the team

On GT-I9505 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah there are plenty of rumours floating about; but this has come from a first hand source, with their being great interest on the eastern states and Jack not reaching his full potential. As I said in the first comment, its not 100% he will be traded but it was discussed at his end of season review that it might be a better option for both club and player

Its simmos job to get jack reaching hsi potential. Most people on here see that he isn't a second tall. Even if he had a bloke 195cm that can kick 25-30 goals a year, it will be a massive win for us as it see jack playing more to his strengths.

Just adding to the last comment.

Wouldn't mind seeing slyce spend more time forward next year with giles rucking majority of the game and releasing darling to play between the arcs.

Just adding to the last comment.

Wouldn't mind seeing slyce spend more time forward next year with giles rucking majority of the game and releasing darling to play between the arcs.
I like this post for the suggestion of having Lycett forward more, but Darling should definitely not be midfield.

I like this post for the suggestion of having Lycett forward more, but Darling should definitely not be midfield.
wasn't suggesting darling to pushing into the midfield. HFF. Good marks and kick so i wouldn't mind him winning a bit more possession and delivering it into 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt Darling would be put up for trade, however, if he was what's he worth? First rounder, second or a player of what caliber? I rate him but how highly do WC supporters.
according to this board conca would be the ideal trade

Seriously what would get the deal done. Forget the bullshit.. Conca etc. what player, players or draft + player
Seriously no one from richmond unless its part of a deal to bring some one like martin. We don't have anyone at the moment cabale of making an impact as a second or third tall and would be screwed if jk got inured. Wouldn't mind offloading him for hogan. Hogan replaces him for a couple of years but then takes the number 1 mantle.

Seriously no one from richmond unless its part of a deal to bring some one like martin. We don't have anyone at the moment cabale of making an impact as a second or third tall and would be screwed if jk got inured. Wouldn't mind offloading him for hogan. Hogan replaces him for a couple of years but then takes the number 1 mantle.
Teams don't offer up players like Martin or Hogan for trade unless the player wants out. Then the clubs hands are tied. I think hogan would be a chance for you, but how do you convince Darling that Melbourne is his best bet. It's usually the player who states where he's going. What I am asking is if Darling wants out what do you consider fair value? I am not using Richmond as an example of the buyer. I am trying to ascertain what you think his market value is? Name a player or draft order that you think he's worth.

Teams don't offer up players like Martin or Hogan for trade unless the player wants out. Then the clubs hands are tied. I think hogan would be a chance for you, but how do you convince Darling that Melbourne is his best bet. It's usually the player who states where he's going. What I am asking is if Darling wants out what do you consider fair value? I am not using Richmond as an example of the buyer. I am trying to ascertain what you think his market value is? Name a player or draft order that you think he's worth.
mid to late first rounder.

For darling it would need to be a top 8-12 pick + a player (either young who's shown a bit or with a couple of years left but is quality) or it would need to be a player of top 5-10 on a list quality and a second round pick.

So something along the lines of your first plus a borderline player with steak knives back your way or someone like deledio + your second. If you're purely looking at draft picks it would likely be the rough equivalent of our first and second rounder this year. Pick 12 + 30.

Darling would almost certainly get a top 10 pick from all clubs bar GWS and Adelaide.
Late first rounder 14+ is his value. No more. We could not get the deals you're asking for if it was Rance wanting to Leave and presently he's seen as a better player than Darling. You're just proof that supporters overrate their own.

I doubt Darling would be put up for trade, however, if he was what's he worth? First rounder, second or a player of what caliber? I rate him but how highly do WC supporters.
Late first rounder 14+ is his value. No more. We could not get the deals you're asking for if it was Rance wanting to Leave and presently he's seen as a better player than Darling. You're just proof that supporters overrate their own.
Asks a question. Gives the answer dismissively.

K. Your board is that way, chum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back