Discussion How Will Jumpers Evolve In The Future?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

caloschwaby

The One and Only
Jan 3, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Renegades, Packers
Material will clearly get better and technology will improve to make them more durable/lightweight and such.
As for designs, I wouldn't have a clue but I feel like we experience cycles of simplistic designs to more complex designs every 10 years or so.

TheLoungeLizard

The world's most handsome man
Oct 21, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Newcastle United, New York Yankees
I think we will begin to see more sponsors on the guernseys
I am expecting collar sponsors.
A nice thick one like the current ISC you could run a print on either side of the neck.

That or numbers on the shorts (like I said a few years ago) to sell more merch (e.g. buy Dangerfield shorts, rather than regular cat shorts)

caloschwaby

The One and Only
Jan 3, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics, Renegades, Packers
I don't think it's too much of a stretch that we may see numbers appear on the front in the future as it is with the state competitions. Unfortunately so, I reckon it's inevitable that names on the back of guernseys will come in once the traditional footy audience has moved on.

TheLoungeLizard

The world's most handsome man
Oct 21, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Newcastle United, New York Yankees
I don't think it's too much of a stretch that we may see numbers appear on the front in the future as it is with the state competitions. Unfortunately so, I reckon it's inevitable that names on the back of guernseys will come in once the traditional footy audience has moved on.
I think the names thing has come and gone fortunately.
They trailed it, talked about it, but when it was in action it really didn't work - now they know it doesn't work they seem to have dropped the idea

magpienato

The Swooping Magpie
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
I think the names thing has come and gone fortunately.
They trailed it, talked about it, but when it was in action it really didn't work - now they know it doesn't work they seem to have dropped the idea
I think that's for the best. You see in NBA and NFL now that even with 99 numbers to choose from, it's getting harder to fit new players into new numbers due to them being retired. I love the idea of the number being passed down to a new generation, like what the Pies do with '35' which was Presti's and Daicos' number before but now is passed down to every 1st draft pick (currently Quaynor). As for the numbers, yeah probably but not in the near future.

flamingEMBERS

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I think that's for the best. You see in NBA and NFL now that even with 99 numbers to choose from, it's getting harder to fit new players into new numbers due to them being retired. I love the idea of the number being passed down to a new generation, like what the Pies do with '35' which was Presti's and Daicos' number before but now is passed down to every 1st draft pick (currently Quaynor). As for the numbers, yeah probably but not in the near future.
Imagine if you were Daicos or Presti, no-one will ever go on your locker again. It's stupid.

Top Bottom