How will the Test Series (Australia v South Africa, Australia v Pakistan) pan out?

Remove this Banner Ad

I said it heaps of times but Wade should have dropped the gloves and tried to make it as a pure Test bat.

If Victoria had another option who could keep this may be a reality. Not Handscombe of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Victoria had another option who could keep this may be a reality. Not Handscombe of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Harper is ready.

Day Night tests make that a real 50/50

Should have made Hobart the day/nighter

Keep Brisbane as our fortress
Yeah I know mate - please pardon my sarcasm. This will be our biggest challenge at the Gabba for many years.

Pakistan could slaughter us if they don't do the usual choke when they come here.

Why bother watching cricket when you can save all that time by sticking to boring stereotypes.

Neither team will be handing out a slaughter. I expect Australia to win, as the effect of Yasir will be less pronounced in conditions he's got very little experience in. But I can't see it being too decisive.

Why bother watching cricket when you can save all that time by sticking to boring stereotypes.

Neither team will be handing out a slaughter. I expect Australia to win, as the effect of Yasir will be less pronounced in conditions he's got very little experience in. But I can't see it being too decisive.

But they have the quicks that can do well on a normal Gabba deck. God I hope this isn't a season of flat decks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well that is having a bet each way.. but you're right. hot and cold.
It is but Pakistan have been pretty impressive in recent years. It is certainly not going to be a train wreck like 2009/10. Though it does reflect my relatively poor opinion of our current side that I'm giving Pakistan a shot in Australia.

aussies have been pretty hit and miss themselves so I can't help but barrack for the opposition these days. that is in the hope that
it is a reverse reaction and they do me right be proving me wrong. doesn't always work but still.. ab devil not being here will perhaps
lessen the loss for sa but pakis will just drop right in to the same measure as the aussies. hope that makes sense... it is late..

Really looking forward to the Aus-Pak series in Australia. Hoping it's exciting and not quite as one-sided as the past few series.

I think Pakistan will have to play out of their skins but if they do it will be a very competitive series.

The key for Pakistan will be to hold catches (always let us down in Australia) and bowl consistently well. And also go with a 6/4 bat/ball combination. An ordinary all rounder is bound to be found out in Australia.

We should beat Pakistan reasonably easily IMO. I don't like their bowling attack that much here and their batting will struggle with the bounce IMO.

South Africa is pretty much lineball though.
Yasir should do well in Australia. The wickets would suit Wahab more than anywhere else and Amir is a class bowler.

The biggest worry for Pakistan will be the first test and batting under lights against a swinging ball.

Pakistan series should be alot more closer than what pundits expect. The Pakistan bowling attack is a much more potent attack than the SL attack and I think playing on pitches in Melbourne and Sydney (traditionally the friendliest for spinners) will suit them. A day night test match at GABBA has a bit of an unknown factor. Australia should win 2-1.

South Africa v Australia will be a coin toss..........I honestly think South Africa's batting is better than the Australians batting. Playing in Perth is a real 50:50, Adelaide is traditionally a draw ground and Hobart conditions I think will favour the Aussies.

Pakistan series should be alot more closer than what pundits expect. The Pakistan bowling attack is a much more potent attack than the SL attack and I think playing on pitches in Melbourne and Sydney (traditionally the friendliest for spinners) will suit them. A day night test match at GABBA has a bit of an unknown factor. Australia should win 2-1.

South Africa v Australia will be a coin toss..........I honestly think South Africa's batting is better than the Australians batting. Playing in Perth is a real 50:50, Adelaide is traditionally a draw ground and Hobart conditions I think will favour the Aussies.
Re Sydney being spinner friendly...we haven't seen that in about 8 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back