How will the Test Series (Australia v South Africa, Australia v Pakistan) pan out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re Sydney being spinner friendly...we haven't seen that in about 8 years.
It was spin friendly last year, it just happened to rain for 3 days straight. We played Lyon and O'Keefe and it was spinning from day 1.

Pakistan series should be alot more closer than what pundits expect. The Pakistan bowling attack is a much more potent attack than the SL attack and I think playing on pitches in Melbourne and Sydney (traditionally the friendliest for spinners) will suit them. A day night test match at GABBA has a bit of an unknown factor. Australia should win 2-1.

South Africa v Australia will be a coin toss..........I honestly think South Africa's batting is better than the Australians batting. Playing in Perth is a real 50:50, Adelaide is traditionally a draw ground and Hobart conditions I think will favour the Aussies.
Dark horse if he performs in the Shield game vs Tassie = Cameron "Bear" White.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These blokes have beaten us here in the last 2 series. I am stoked with how today went but I'm not going the early crow just yet

The teams that beat us those past 2 series hardly stack up with the team over here now.

Just like NZ will beat us 2-0 in NZ, Poggy? :D
I am even more confident of the Paki's getting a draw at worst with the way this Aussie team plays!

For the first time in a while we even seem unsure about spin at home so yasir vs our top 6 could decide the series, obviously it's early days for him but i don't think he is going to be one of these dominant on dustbowls but flops everywhere else spinners.

We will smash Pakistan in 3 days. Even the Windies are pushing them.

They drew 2-2 in England a few months before that, and though I'm looking at it through maroon coloured glasses, they played good cricket regardless of the opposition.

They were pushing Australia too at 8-130 or whatever it was in the first test last year before Voges came to the rescue.

Pakistan operate with basically a 75 per cent attack in the UAE because their quick are too good to.leave out but the conditions give them little. Riaz and Holder defied that a bit in the last test.
Riaz, Amir, Junaid Khan, Yasir etc will do well here IMO.

That's all it usually takes for a touring side to be mentally ruined and on the back foot for the rest of the Aussie summer.

Remember what happened in the first test of 2008? I'll give you a clue. Mitchell Johnson.
They recovered from him taking 8-for, and chased 400 with ease.
Last time they came here in Brisbane they were behind the whole game. held on for a draw. did the same at Adelaide.

This is a resilient team, even if the faces have changed.

They drew 2-2 in England a few months before that, and though I'm looking at it through maroon coloured glasses, they played good cricket regardless of the opposition.

They were pushing Australia too at 8-130 or whatever it was in the first test last year before Voges came to the rescue.

Pakistan operate with basically a 75 per cent attack in the UAE because their quick are too good to.leave out but the conditions give them little. Riaz and Holder defied that a bit in the last test.
Riaz, Amir, Junaid Khan, Yasir etc will do well here IMO.
Take your point but remember how bad the Windies were last summer? Pakistan just lost a test to them

Take your point but remember how bad the Windies were last summer? Pakistan just lost a test to them

They certainly weren't great but they had Brathwaite make 94 in the first test, Bravo made a century and an 80, Carlos Brathwaite hit two half centuries, I think Kraigg hit another one in Sydney, Holder hit 60 at Melbourne and Ramdin made a couple of scores.

Their bowling was undeniably woeful last summer but there were a few signs of hope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back