How will we go in finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Adelaide win against GWS and Richmond lose to Geelong but win theit semi final, it'll mean that Adelaide will have played every possible team in a finals match

Quite remarkable really considering the match ups of old vfl teams that are still yet to happen

A few ifs and buts for that to happen but not unlikey

I think you're forgetting about Gold Coast.

threefa9

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Geelong game is the blue print, we need to come out and be the biggest bunch of campaigners the opposition has ever seen, three games in a row. Do that every game and we will slaughter it. Get cocky and fiddly and second to the ball and we are in for some disappointment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I voted Premiers.

Realistically, anything less than a GF appearance from here is a failure. We've been the top team for all except about 3 weeks. Only Sydney after their 0-6 start have played better in the back end of the season, even with us losing the last 2 games.

Gotta get it done.

we haven't had a genuine chance to win the whole thing since 2005 IMO.

2006 we were walking wounded, 2012 i never genuinely thought we were a chance, we got on an incredible roll and we got shown up

this is the year

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have given ourselves every chance. I'm not one that thinks previous years, outside of the last 2 semis has anything to do with the current group. I don't really know what to expect next week, but GWS are equally responsible as they are hardly a model of consistency. Even if we lose first week, I reckon we can make the GF as long as our prelim is at the MCG. If we make the GF, I reckon we win.

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
This is our year.

We've had a couple of years of prep. We know what to expect.

Prefect symmetry with 97 and the women's flag.

We have beaten or been good enough (Sydney) to beat all contenders.

Walsh predicted 2017. The fire in the belly is burning.

I see a steely resolve we've lacked previously, particularly in Sloane and Tex in the back half of the season.

We were worked out early and worked through it... a good place to be.

And Pyke is a successful campaigner who learns from past mistakes.

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
We're in with as much of a chance as anyone else, but I still think the field is wide open this year. Could be any one of a number of teams. I'm giving us maybe a 25% chance of winning the whole thing. Nobody is higher than that, but plenty of realistic chances.

My gut keeps telling me prelim final loss. Not sure if that's just a Pavlovian response, though.....

DD#23

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
We're in with as much of a chance as anyone else, but I still think the field is wide open this year. Could be any one of a number of teams. I'm giving us maybe a 25% chance of winning the whole thing. Nobody is higher than that, but plenty of realistic chances.

My gut keeps telling me prelim final loss. Not sure if that's just a Pavlovian response, though.....
little bit lean I reckon, I give us and Sydney about 40% each, Geelong the leftovers.

davos44

Club Legend
May 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Redbacks, Adel United
To see how we will go in finals there are three of games to look at:

Adelaide vs Geelong Round 18 (1st Half)
Adelaide vs Sydney Round 22 (1st Half)
Adelaide vs Port Round 20 (All game)

This intensity and destructive power wins us games, when we are on song we are pretty much unstoppable. It takes a lot of energy and concentration but I have a feeling this group can bring that out when they need to. They did against Geelong in the first half, they did against Sydney during the middle part of the game (5 goals in a row against the "Best team" in the comp) and if we kicked straight against Port in the 1st quarter it would have gotten ugly, fecken ugly.

It comes down to these blokes playing well. If they all have good games we will win, Jenkins is an interesting barometer for us. He drops so many marks when we are playing like peanuts, but when he gets its right we look so much better.

Lever
Smith
Sloane
Greenwood
B. Crouch
Jenkins

Betts, our slight change in game style is hurting him a bit. But he works really well as a decoy, play him up the ground Don.

Also: Multiple goals in a row kicked on us, it can't happen.

Anything less than a premiership will be a let down, anything less than a Grand Final will be a massive failure.

My heart keeps telling me "Get excited, enjoy it, this is our year." My brain keeps telling me "This is the Crows. Might as well make other plans for September 30."

Personally I see us losing week 1, winning week 2, then getting comfortably beaten in the prelim.

subaru

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
The years we won the flag Harvey won his Brownlows and Rafter won the US Opens

We need them to come out of retirement !

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hoping we can make it as far as the last Saturday in September; but knowing my crappy luck, we'll get knocked out in a heartbreaking Preliminary Final loss, on my birthday, with a kick after the siren.

Your birthday .... :)

Lady Di died on my boss' birthday back in the day

All she could say was "why on my birthday ?"

I said "I'm sure she didn't mean it "!

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Matter of Stats have the Crows at about 31% (and another 22% chance to make the GF, but lose). Next best is Richmond at 19%.

http://www.matterofstats.com/mafl-s...7-simulating-the-finals-series-after-round-23

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sloane in hospital - WTF ???

No
I didn't buy a ticket !

officialjc

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
the club has done fairly well over the past decade except for not making a grand final. saw a stat on twitter over the weekend where we had the 5th best win/loss percentage since 2007 obviously behind geelong, hawthorn, sydney and also collingwood and just ahead of west coast. if you extend it to 05 and 06, we could possibly move up the ladder a bit. we are probably lucky as supporters.

Back