Prediction How will we go over the next 3-4 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe the issue is with you and not what's written in this thread.

We have the same list as 2016 when our midfield was exposed, that's not ludicrous that's a fact.

GWS aren't a worry because they couldn't beat the Bulldogs? What kind of logic is that? That's ridiculous and GWS have a heap of elite talent that will only get better as they develop not worse.

Well I guess I was right after all. Finishing as Minor premiers and a losing grand finalist tend to support my assertion.

last Saturday was out chance to break the drought.. we blew it/choked. now with players leaving/getting on I think we are doomed.
2018: 5-8th
2019: 7-10th
2020: 9-12th
2021: 9-12th

we are doomed

last Saturday was out chance to break the drought.. we blew it/choked. now with players leaving/getting on I think we are doomed.
2018: 5-8th
2019: 7-10th
2020: 9-12th
2021: 9-12th

we are doomed
Why don't you bet on it with all the money you made this year betting that we wouldn't make the Eight. :rolleyes:

Are you a troll or just a very sad, depressed little puppy?

Why don't you bet on it with all the money you made this year betting that we wouldn't make the Eight. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing you either have no feel whatsoever for the game or you sprinkle Lithium on your corn flakes. How dare he be pissed off when we just rolled over and exposed our belly in the biggest game of the year and now get to watch even more quality players walk out the door.

I'm guessing you either have no feel whatsoever for the game or you sprinkle Lithium on your corn flakes. How dare he be pissed off when we just rolled over and exposed our belly in the biggest game of the year and now get to watch even more quality players walk out the door.
We went from 6th last season to 2nd.

The Tools and Trolls said
1) We could never beat Geelong
2) Sydney were a class above us
3) We would miss out on the Eight
4) We would go out in straight sets
5) We would be humiliated by Dangerflog and the Cats
6) We would crack in the GF

Well one out of six aint bad.

We don't want to win the flag in a soft year, we want to establish a dynasty. We will be a better team next year?

We don't want to win the flag in a soft year, we want to establish a dynasty. We will be a better team next year?

How do you think we will be a better team next year if we are not trading in and minus Smith, Lever and Cameron? Even if we go down the "improvement from within" path ( as other clubs will also do), we didn't give Gall, Doedee, Poho, Himmelberg, Davis much of a go this year(some cases, no game time) so they will not have any significant, consistent impact for 2 years.

How do you think we will be a better team next year if we are not trading in and minus Smith, Lever and Cameron? Even if we go down the "improvement from within" path ( as other clubs will also do), we didn't give Gall, Doedee, Poho, Himmelberg, Davis much of a go this year(some cases, no game time) so they will not have any significant, consistent impact for 2 years.
Organic growth from Kelly, Brown, Crouch, Milera, Crouch, Atkins, Hartigan, Doedee, Laird, McGovern

Im a realist. won a few hundred last Saturday... did very well this year $$$$
not a troll just know my club all too well. blew a chance in winning a flag.. we all know how hard it is to get back to a GF.

Next year we will be surrounded by contract issues again.. Laird, Smith, Sloane & M Crouch. I don't care if it was a soft year.. I and we all wanted that flag.
If Tex and JJ change the way they play and actually crash packs and be aggressive and if we can get Gibbs we might push for top 4 again.
I also think we have to throw Doedee & Galluci in there right away... Doedee playing the role Money bags played and Galluci taking Camerons spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm really concerned with our mental state after losing the GF. I wouldn't be surprised if we really sucked next year and maybe it'll linger on for a year after as well. The club has copped so much tragedy and players leaving and copped so much crap from the Vic boys club that it wouldn't surprise me if they dropped their heads.

He's a dedicated cynic.

However one thing I take issue with these days is saying things like "you sound depressed" in a light hearted way on the internet. I used to do it myself. A fair bit actually. But its not really on.

You never know what's going on in people's real lives and if they actually are depressed and use places like this as a refuge. Then stuff like that, even meant flippantly, can be inordinately harsh to that individual.

That's all. I know you don't mean it that way but... yeah

Im a realist. won a few hundred last Saturday... did very well this year $$$$
not a troll just know my club all too well. blew a chance in winning a flag.. we all know how hard it is to get back to a GF.
I used to think you were a troll when seeing all the negative remarks that you made. Now I understand that some supporters are very passionate and hurt/scarred from all the previous years of missed opportunities. However, predicting doom over the next few years is kind of not keeping in touch with reality. We have done a lot more good than bad this year, and no reason why we can't continue with the improvement for next year.

2018 - 4th to 6th
2019 - 2021 - slip back into our comfort zone of 7th to 11th.

I'm really concerned with our mental state after losing the GF. I wouldn't be surprised if we really sucked next year and maybe it'll linger on for a year after as well. The club has copped so much tragedy and players leaving and copped so much crap from the Vic boys club that it wouldn't surprise me if they dropped their heads.
We are NOT Port Adelaide

God there are a lot of harsh judges of our club that finished top of the table then lost in a GF. Yes we lost badly,. but the reality is,. it was ONE game, we were off that day.. I know.. I was there watching, but I am still very confident we will be strong again in 2018.

My predictions are:
2018 - Another top 4 finish, and possibly premiership
2019 - Another top 4 finish, and possibly premiership
2020 - Who knows??
2021 - Who knows??

M.Crouch, B.Crouch, Milera, Atkins, Knight, Kelly, Doedee, Keath, Greenwood, McGovern, Galucci, Himmelberg, Poholke, and all the top end draft picks from 2017/18 drafts will all improve and set us up well for the next couple years :)

GO CROWS :)

Oh you poor little man...I bet you were solidly amongst the oh woe is us , we haven't made a GF in 19 years brigade. We get there and still you bleat because we were beaten on the day.
Go back and cry some more into your drink of choice.
Did we win?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back