Preview How will we line up in R1 v Brisbane Lions?

Remove this Banner Ad

B: Sheppard Barrass Hurn
HB: Jetta Mcgovern Duggan
C: Masten Redden Sheed
HF: Rioli Darling Venables
F: Ryan Kennedy Allen
R: Vardy Shuey Yeo
I: Hickey Cole Petruccelle Hutchings
E: Brander Waterman Watson Ah Chee

Think Allen’s gone past Waterman for that spot. Waterman to get a reprieve if JK isn’t available. Brander to get a reprieve if Shep isn’t available.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah can't argue with that, provided no injuries.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Waterman does some really good things but just doesn’t seem as gifted. Hopefully he finds a niche

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
FB Shep Barrass Hurn
HB Duggan Gov Jetta
C Sheed Redden Masten
HF Hutch Darling Rioli
FF O.Allen Kennedy Ryan
R Hickey Shuey Yeo
I Cole Vardy Petruccelle Ah Chee

Ah Chee was a random call considering he didn't play the JLT series but i think a spell in the reserves might not hurt Venables. We need him to be finding more of the pill.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
I'm still a bit skeptical about Petch. The goals he kicked in the intraclub were against the B team. Does he offer much besides speed?

Excellent ball handling ability and great defensive pressure.

Reasonable one on one and pretty good in the air as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure when but its a long flight, best to assume he wont make it in time to play Brisbane.

Commentators were saying he’s expected to play in an intraclub next weekend. So it probably hinges on how he pulls up from that (if he does in fact play).

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL

Think Allen’s gone past Waterman for that spot. Waterman to get a reprieve if JK isn’t available. Brander to get a reprieve if Shep isn’t available.

This team is very likely Rd1 but my spin on it would be to leave Venables out and name Masten at HFwd and elevate Brander to the wing ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like Waterman, I think he's a hard worker and impresses me with his love for the club and the way he does the team things.

That being said, Brander and Ollen are just gifted footballers and their natural talents are evident.. you can't just ignore that. Sooner we get them in, the better.

I think Ollen has ticked the most boxes, Brander may be a victim of not having a set role and being thrown all over.

Eaglespur

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I like Waterman, I think he's a hard worker and impresses me with his love for the club and the way he does the team things.

That being said, Brander and Ollen are just gifted footballers and their natural talents are evident.. you can't just ignore that. Sooner we get them in, the better.

I think Ollen has ticked the most boxes, Brander may be a victim of not having a set role and being thrown all over.
I'd say Brander is more a victim of not being as versatile and having to compete with some legit top draw players.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd say Brander is more a victim of not being as versatile and having to compete with some legit top draw players.

Being versatile is exactly what Brander is i would have thought? They are playing him down back because of the log jam of forwards we have. He looked pretty good down there and could possibly play on a wing with the way he has been going.

I do wonder what path we go down if Shep is not ready for round 1.

Options:

1. Schofield - Has had his own injury concerns and might not be match fit come round 1.
2. Watson - I want to see him debut but i see him competing with Jetta and Cole.
3. Brander - Another tall option to help out Gov and Barrass but also offered some run. Plays similar to Schofield in that aspect.

I would go with option 3. If Allen and Darling are struggling up front we could easily swing Brander forward and Allen back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back