How will we start?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Hell of a 1st 6 games for the Mighty Giants.

Bombers at home, Eagles away(have we beaten them in Perth?), Tigers at home, Cats away(where we haven't won), Freo at home and then the Sydney Derby XVII away.

What does everyone think would be a pass mark for the 1st 6 games?

Leon today says he thinks Haynes and Kelly will play rnd 1 with Ward back for rnd 3 or 4.

Think we can win all the home games while taking the Eagles and Swans away.

Pass Mark would have to be 3 out of the 6 though.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It is certainly a hard start to the year!

I think the tigers match us on use well as do the cats. I think we might drop those games but will back us in to win the rest. My pass mark would be 4/6

I actually fancy us against the Tigers. I feel like we know the mountain we have to climb with them.

Round two against the Eagles at Optus is their unfurling of the flag. It'll be an emotional day for their club and supporters. That could go either way but I think we can bring them back to reality.

The Cats at home are tough but we came close in 2016 and we were using new structures last year that didn't work.

I think 4-6 is just ok.

Freo would probably be the only lock. If we are 1 / 5 after 6 rounds I expect Cameron to be removed mid year . To be honest I am not sure about this year, I feel like it will be worse than last year which was down on the year before , which was down on the year before. Will be very happy if the form turns around, not since west coast in 06 has a team been so sexy like the giants in 2016.

Freo would probably be the only lock. If we are 1 / 5 after 6 rounds I expect Cameron to be removed mid year . To be honest I am not sure about this year, I feel like it will be worse than last year which was down on the year before , which was down on the year before. Will be very happy if the form turns around, not since west coast in 06 has a team been so sexy like the giants in 2016.
Cameron removed after 3 finals appearances in a row?

Pull the other one! Lol if Ken hinkley can have a job then Cameron is safe until his contract is out

Surely no chance against the Cats down there? The boys looked lost at sea down there last year with 0 idea how to play the ground.

The other three look do-able. Need Caldwell to have 3 solid early starts to somewhat make up for Ward's absence.
You think Caldwell play's?

Maybe but I'd back more experienced options at this stage.

In my opinion you play young first year draftees early. He's had a bumper pre-season, his body will be raring to go and he'll bring an abundance of energy in.

They generally surprise for a few weeks and then inevitably run out of puff. Rather play him now than say rd 15 after a long year in the NEAFL by which time he'll likely be feeling the pinch.

Cameron removed after 3 finals appearances in a row?

Pull the other one! Lol if Ken hinkley can have a job then Cameron is safe until his contract is out
So you think we can be bottom 6 this year and he survives? Everyone already thinks he has under performed with the list he has had.

So you think we can be bottom 6 this year and he survives? Everyone already thinks he has under performed with the list he has had.
TBH im not even sure if you are serious or not here.

To me it probably highlights you are either taking the piss or don't understand how the football industry works

TBH im not even sure if you are serious or not here.

To me it probably highlights you are either taking the piss or don't understand how the football industry works

Given the baying for blood last year when things weren't looking good it should be obvious to most observers what will happen this year if Leon Cameron under performs. You usually remove coaches when the list has had a peak and is in the down turn, especially if they are unproven like Cameron. We had a peak in 2016 and have been going down since.

I'm interested in how you would feel about Cameron if we were bottom 6 this year. In this scenario you as a supporter still think he is the right guy for the job?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back