Politics How wonderful is this!! Conservative SA government (not greens) want to ban Snapper fishing

Remove this Banner Ad

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
Gotta say after seeing how many fishos are strongly against the left/Daniel Andrews and labor in general. It's truly great to see their own party grant them their worst fear.

I've watched paranoid fishos whinge about the Greens on forums for what seems like almost 20 years. They would constantly just bring up the greens and whinge in a thread on a completely separate topic. "Bob Brown going to turn everything into a marine park blah blah blah and ban hook fishing alltogether blah blah blah".

They were absolutely terrified in the distant future Bob Brown would turn everything into a marine park and protected species. Pretty *ing funny and some good karma too. I wonder if they'll now stop being so scared of the greens given a conservative government of all governments was the one that decided to go full measure.

Last edited:

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
When will these idiots realize the greens are their friend. Same with farmers. Some farmers may whinge about what vegetation they can legally remove but others are greatful CSG and mining haven't soiled their land and contaminated their water tables forever destroying their industry alltogether.

The same people sooking about the PPB dredging were the same people sooking about the greens. Greens were the only party strongly opposed to the dredging. Not a smart bunch these fisherman and farmers that much is evident

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Gotta say after seeing how many fishos are strongly against the left/Daniel Andrews and labor in general. It's truly great to see their own party grant them their worst fear.

I've watched paranoid fishos whinge about the Greens on forums for what seems like almost 20 years. They would constantly just bring up the greens and whinge in a thread on a completely separate topic. "Bob Brown going to turn everything into a marine park blah blah blah and ban hook fishing alltogether blah blah blah".

They were absolutely terrified in the distant future Bob Brown would turn everything into a marine park and protected species. Pretty f*n funny and some good karma too. I wonder if they'll now stop being so scared of the greens given a conservative government of all governments was the one that decided to go full measure.

Instead of a full stop, you’re first sentence requires a comma after ‘general’.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
The greens in sa are a joke. Controlled by a couple of lawyers. Who are just playing the game. Evidently they think the circumcision of women should not be funded by medicare, however they are silent about male circumcision.

The snapper ban is not a government decision , its a departmental Decision based on science. Most species in sa gulf waters are approaching extinction through over fishing. Snapper breed in the gulfs. There's been a cLosure every November for a number of years. It's not worked. They find snapper tagged in sa up in the tropics of Western Australia and even Nsw. The gulfs here our Most important Nurserys, possibly in the southern hemisphere. Snapper is the staple diet of juvinile white sharks. And adult whites in the gulf. Take away snapper and the whites go looking elsewhere for tucker, we know what happens then. More contact with humans. More pressure for the tourism industry.

Some Tourism operators in sa Make a few quid from snapper. Some Towns rely on snapper tourism. I wonder which industry the op is involved with?

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Trucks and Truckies.
He really hates them.
It's like he doesn't want to eat...or he's a mouth-breather...or both.
Maybe we should abolish these professions for a month, see how the latte sippers cope :tearsofjoy:

The weird thing is, I thought the left were all for blue collar workers... the name of the Labor Party was a subtle hint.

Craven Morehead

I really don't care what you think.
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Maybe we should abolish these professions for a month, see how the latte sippers cope :tearsofjoy:

The weird thing is, I thought the left were all for blue collar workers... the name of the Labor Party was a subtle hint.
He's WAY left of labor policy tho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
don't forget the volunteer firefighters!
Wouldn't society just be a utopia if we got rid of all those who perform physical labour?? All they do is get in the way of the office workers!

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
I just hate stupid people who think they're worth more than they are and attack progressive policy. Think Malcolm Roberts. Overconfident idiots. What we need is for these people not to attack the poor, disabled, indians/africans, keeping people safe in schools, gays transgenders and stuff. They think their opinions matter more than everyone elses because they're lowly educated and emotionally reactive people. The exact kind've of people that are inferior to experts of their field.

Yet they're all over TV running the show thesedays. What about slice of pie daniel andrews? ruddy cmfeu premier taker mah jerbs! Axe the tax! Axe the tax!

They're peons and it's outrageous they're heard over other scientists or anyone for that matter. They're cretins. Not all farmers/tradie bosses but a good general amount of them. And I'm only referring to the regional Queensland and Gippsland dairy farmers. I don't mind the others. I actually love the fruitfarms in Gippsland. And have never heard them whinge or destroy the environment. Bosses who inherit their trade are generally useless politically opinionated lazy hacks that whinge on forums about the greens while paying their apprentices $7 to shovel s**t.

Of course you can lump these demographics together. You'll never find a Malcolm Roberts that's more intelligent than a Brian Cox. But they think they are. And they need to keep quiet!

I am also self sustainable and farm my own food. Australian farmers produce disgusting rubber inedible fruit/vegetables and charge a mint for it. I'm also converting to solely fish (occsionally chicken) because red meat gives you colon cancer. Those beef farmers a real campaigners when you think about it. Killing animals and ultimately killing people too. Anything to make a buck seems to be the aussie way (they all get in a room together and laugh about it at the end of the day)

Last edited:
What we need is for these people not to attack the poor
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Make sure you definitely buy a mirror for that ornate fireplace in Noosa. You sure as hell don't own one now.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Make sure you definitely buy a mirror for that ornate fireplace in Noosa. You sure as hell don't own one now.

I think you have a massive misconception of the world you live in. Tradies/blue collar don't vote labor anymore they love fox news and John Howard. White collar middle class now consist of the bulk of the left. And occasionally very affluent inner city siders who aren't poorly educated thus realize their shame of their selfish/greedy/heartless politics.

Also observe California (all rich highly affluent well educated) then look at the rustbucket states full of your tradies farmers and uneducated types. It's not the 1990's anymore. Your blue collar sector is your hard right demographic. Amazing we give these stupid backwards people so much air in the modern day. I can only assume we're trying to look nice by putting someone like Malcolm Roberts against Brian Cox. Why would society/culture in the modern age discredit science so much? There should be no debates whatsoever about things like climate change and the big bang. Facts are facts. Give these simple joes with no clue screentime and look what happens to the most simple problems.

Last edited:

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
I guess the problem isn't arguing if climate change is real but how do address it..

I know! Let's replace coal with renewables that might work. But wah wah wah can't do that

Craven Morehead

I really don't care what you think.
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
OP still fails to realise that his thread OP champions a conservative government policy decision on sustaining a fish species population whilst relentlessly bagging conservatives and, most of all, us terrible Qld farmers.

OP also thinks farmers have apprentices. LOL.:D:D:D

OP also needs to expand on his self-sustainability, because I'm going all in calling bullshit.

Turnover

Cancelled
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Im sure I’ll meet a farmer Brian Cox and scientist Malcom Roberts one day.

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Great news. You can guarantee the people who will be whining the loudest about this are the same people who empty their freezers of out of date fish at the end of every season.

Not sure how they are going to police it though given I have been boat fishing for 15 years and have never seen a fisheries officer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back