How would you fix the yips?

Remove this Banner Ad

BUMP

OMFG Bryson DeChambeau just won the US open, there must be a lot more to this 3D capture stuff than first thought. Would love to see our club embrace this technology on kicking accurate, long drop punts for our wayward forwards!

Not likely with soft cap restrictions

Not likely with soft cap restrictions

The big money clubs will find a way.

So coterie members fund a personal training facility which has cutting edge 3D capture facilities. Players join said facility for a minimal investment, on their own coin, and take full advantage of this new technology. New loophole, new wrought, same old V AFL.

Last edited:

griffith uni has a movement lab - got to play with a few years back. Pretty impressive.

If anyone has the cash to sponsor a post grad DM me. I have an incomplete masters degree that needs a research project and that would be a lot of fun. Like serious fun. Might actually be the motivation I need to actually finish the damn thing.
Would you be best writing your thesis down, sending it to the Lions and asking if they have the contacts for funding.

I haven't read this thread in detail... first time on bigfooty in a while so sorry for the bump.

My observation about our goalkicking is that aside from pure bad kicking so often our players line themselves up wrong. McStay in particular often has his body top open to the goals and aligned across the face (he rarely misses to the near side) and Lester's miss in the preliminary final his body was facing to the right and that's where he missed as a couple of examples.

Continuing the golf theme I think it would be a good thing for us to implement a "caddy" system where one player stands behind the player kicking for goal and alerts them if they've lined up wrong. Often you see a player (for any team) go over and say "take deep breaths" "take your time" but don't understand why someone actually isn't looking at a bodies alignment and suggesting tweaks. This is not changing a players routine - they still kick with the routine they are comfortable with (or the routine a kicking coach has given them to fix the problems) - its purely about the basic direction they are lined up for.

It may not be easy from ground level (compared to us seeing an elevated camera angle) but worth a try.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back