Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raj is going to lose his fifth job because Melbourne's most liveable city tag is under pressure?

LOLSY.

All those other cities that Melbourne is competing with for that tag are also battling the same pandemic.
So it all cancels out.

The real issue is that the pandemic is exposing Melbourne's sordid underbelly of preggers Zoe from Ballarat collaborating with far-right extremists to organise protests.
Hate to be your brain.

Which years did they promise a surplus?

Why are you still going on about Feds and not Dan and the Vic ALP?

If youre really that upset about Fed budget deficits go post in the Scomo thread.

This thread is about Dan and how beautifully he is going in Victoria.

Well it was for 60 pages. The last 60 pages not so much.

The last 60 pages has been rusyed ons like yourself swinging widly at anything to deflect away from how badly one state has f’ed up.

Every other state was under control. But Dan has repeatedly put politics first and it is wrecking the lives of millions of people.

But hey that Scomo fella !!!

You’re the one hanging his hat on the promised surplus. You are the one who brought it up you peanut.

If this is true its f***ing massive. Obviously Andrews wouldn't want to pile it on him at the moment re responsibility, but it has the capacity to be a true game changer.
How so?

Nothing wrong with using security guards for stuff, it's just that you shouldn't be using them as the front line defence for the biggest health / economic emergency of our lives.

Everyone knows you use security guards as muscle to police the perimeter of property, but by and large aren't to be trusted. I even think corrections officers aren't the right approach. Police and ADF should be required by law after this.

It speaks volumes about you that despite how much sh*t has hit the fan your biggest problem seems to be with the journos??? Reckon Dan could mow down your mum and you'd defend him

My first problem is that there are literally dozens of other questions that could have been asked but these patsy journalists stunk up the room for far too long when they were obviously getting nowhere.

And my other problem is with morons like you who completely misunderstand the point that is being made. Dan has plenty to answer for but these pretend reporters wasted the whole presser banging their ignorant heads against a wall. They spent literally the whole hour baiting him for a headline when there is a whole truckload of further information that a lot of people would like yet they didn't bother to ask those questions. Why? Because they were so hung up on chasing a headline that was never going to appear.

You might call it "journalism" but any reasonable person identifies it as muckraking.

Last edited:
You’re the one hanging his hat on the promised surplus. You are the one who brought it up you peanut.
Joe Hockey boasted that the Libs would return the budget to surplus in their first year in government and keep it there for each subsequent year.

NSW took it so seriously that a Minister was sacked for escaping to his holiday house before our lockdown came in becausr it sent a terrible message.

Would you say the Vic response is maybe just a little worse than a Minister escaping Sydney to be safe with his family in a beach house?
No, I would not say that. One is an ethical choice deliberately made by a minister - in line with NZ's minister who was sacked for flaunting the lockdown rules - the other is holding someone personally responsible for a decision they, in all likelihood, did not make. However, one decision has killed a lot a people, and the other hasn't - so I can see where others are coming from.

To use a hypothetical - if one person fails to do a proper head check before merging lanes and kills a cyclist, and someone else drives for an hour while completely wasted but doesn't hit anyone, who's done the worse thing?

Nothing wrong with using security guards for stuff, it's just that you shouldn't be using them as the front line defence for the biggest health / economic emergency of our lives.
This is true, but it's retrospective too. I bet we're paying the cleaners the usual bottom dollar but it's just gone under the radar because that's a less-provable source of infection.

How much of a Labor fanboy do you have to be to actively support a government that has overseen a complete shut down of the economy through your mismanagement of hotel security?
In fairness, even I did not think that "don't stick your dick in the plague" was exactly a difficult instruction to understand, and I have a very poor opinion of the intelligence of humanity.

Edit:

In seriousness, I think there is a difference between:
- Those actions you cannot reasonably foresee, which increase COVID spread (for example, virus mutations drastically increasing transmissability)
- Those actions you can reasonably foresee but can't completely prevent within reason (for example, idiots trying to sneak through interstate border controls), and
- Those actions you can reasonably foresee and can prevent (such as gatherings in restaurants or public sport attendances).

Last edited:
Granted that others have more reason to be angry than me.

I don't see how unrestrained anger is going to solve anything though. A rational approach is always the best course of action, isn't it?
Unfortunately the rational approach taken by Brett thus far has dismally failed. I think its time for some more decisive action.

No, I would not say that. One is an ethical choice deliberately made by a minister - in line with NZ's minister who was sacked for flaunting the lockdown rules - the other is holding someone personally responsible for a decision they, in all likelihood, did not make. However, one decision has killed a lot a people, and the other hasn't - so I can see where others are coming from.

To use a hypothetical - if one person fails to do a proper head check before merging lanes and kills a cyclist, and someone else drives for an hour while completely wasted but doesn't hit anyone, who's done the worse thing?

I think the answer is obvious but Im not sure the relevance.

And given we are having the biggest medical outbreak in 100 years I would like to think the political leaders are keeping a close eye on their departments to ensure that the best response is being chosen.

Vic chose to go their own way and be different to the other states a few times and have massively paid the price in this case.

Asking why they went a different path is a perfectly valid question. And one which the Premier and Ministers are absolutely responsible for. And absolutely can and should answer.

They didnt explicitly cause the outbreak. But they did sign off on the rules which allowed it to happen.

We have rusted ons here trying to blame the Feds. Where do you think the blame lies? How far up the chain?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, this thread tonight.

How much of a Labor fanboy do you have to be to actively support a government that has overseen a complete shut down of the economy through your mismanagement of hotel security?

I mean, if you were a Labour supporter at this stage I assume you would just sheepishly stay quiet, embarrassed at what Andrews' incompetence has lead to here.

That anyone should actively be supporting such incompetence is bewildering.

As for the fanboys dumping on journalists trying to get a straight answer, when even the inquiry head has stated Andrews has no excuse for not answering questions...Jesus Christ. Come on guys.

When we can run up bills of hundreds of thousands each per year for asylum seekers, if the hotel quarantine was awarded on cost its a total s**t show

It is very frustrating that reporters focus on a lack of ADF involvement, which you correctly note was limited everywhere.

The true problem is the lack of VicPol involvement, but journos keep carrying on about the ADF because it will sound more exciting in their articles.

Yet the media vibe AT THAT TIME was heavy handed dan, chairman dan etc etc.

I don't think anyone had the ADF guarding the hotel quarantine situation *until* this outbreak occurred?

It's hard to find because there is so much noise when searching for information re ADF and police in hotels etc, but this is from a press release in NSW on Hotel Quarantine from May 8th, before the outbreak in Victoria linked to Hotel Quarantine (which is believed to have occurred about 2 weeks later).

The NSW Government is grateful for fantastic support provided by a team of dedicated medical professionals and hundreds of police, Australian Defence Force personnel, transport workers, security guards, caterers, cleaners, our travel management partners and support staff.

It's hard to find because there is so much noise when searching for information re ADF and police in hotels etc, but this is from a press release in NSW on Hotel Quarantine fromMay 8th, before the outbreak in Victoria linked to Hotel Quarantine (which is believed to have occurred about 2 weeks later).

its definitely been made muddy as hell

off mem NSW had the photo of the private security dude sleeping in the hallway

given we use private security in prisons and onshore/offshore detention, i suspect noone would have blinked at using private security peeps until this blew up

one good thing that will come out of this is a review of the arrangements of outsourcing to these mobs. The issues have been mounting for years

given we use private security in prisons and onshore/offshore detention, i suspect noone would have blinked at using private security peeps until this blew up
It's something that the average person wouldn't even contemplate.

Things work until they no longer do. I don't think much about how the government runs it's prisons. but if a bunch of prisoners escaped I'd definitely have an opinion on it.

It's something that the average person wouldn't even contemplate.

Things work until they no longer do. I don't think much about how the government runs it's prisons. but if a bunch of prisoners escaped I'd definitely have an opinion on it.

its one thing i found funny about this. people were furious that the poorly trained security guard was shagging the covid peeps, but we have been charging prison security staff for shagging prisoners for years. everyone has a good laugh about that though, not any more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back