Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raj is going to lose his fifth job because Melbourne's most liveable city tag is under pressure?

LOLSY.

All those other cities that Melbourne is competing with for that tag are also battling the same pandemic.
So it all cancels out.

The real issue is that the pandemic is exposing Melbourne's sordid underbelly of preggers Zoe from Ballarat collaborating with far-right extremists to organise protests.
Hate to be your brain.

Ah, you must have missed the culture wars in the US, UK and Australia since 2014. Easy to miss I guess. lol

I didn’t miss “far-left” Trump getting Putin involved in the 2016 US Presidential Election. I certainly didn’t miss him threaten legal action should he get beaten in November.

Why 2014?

I don't have the graphs handy at the moment, but it is when American media, particularly the NYTimes, went crazy with identity politics terms like "diverse" etc that are used by the far-left. In Australia, it is when Labor and the far-left media creatred a meltdown over a Liberal government delivering a Budget. In the UK, it's when aggressive online fighting related to politics started to occur with the Scottish independence referendum (far left cyber Nats).

You just can't reason with the Andrews cheerleaders.

The left wing hustlers ramp up the rhetoric on twitter, and the little darlings lap it up lock stock and barrel. It's quite a production.
And here, I was, thinking virtue signalling was solely the domain of THE LEFT!!!1!

You're not from - gasp - THE LEFT!!!1! are you?

There was polarisation obviously before 2014, including for instance the whole Tea Party era in the US. But across all three countries, it has massively amplified since 2014.

Yet more pages of posts on anything other than Dan Andrews and his performance as Premier of Victoria.

The Labor staffers really are earning their massive payrises, while most people go further in to debt.

Their ability to obfuscate from the biggest meltdown in civil liberties and functioning economy in history is really quite disturbing.

Why talk about that when you can chat about Hockey's $7 GP payment?

I don't have the graphs handy at the moment, but it is when American media, particularly the NYTimes, went crazy with identity politics terms like "diverse" etc that are used by the far-left. In Australia, it is when Labor and the far-left media creatred a meltdown over a Liberal government delivering a Budget. In the UK, it's when aggressive online fighting related to politics started to occur with the Scottish independence referendum (far left cyber Nats).

You're just a typical RWNJ.

Murdoch and the Fox empire control the rhetoric. This is why you have second rate journalists trying to bait a state leader at every turn whilst going soft on the PM.

This is why you have had a succession of LNP governments rip funding out of the likes of the ABC and SBS. This is why you have the federally backed AFP raid the ABC and try to gag certain journalists.

You right wing grubs are incredible.

Yet more pages of posts on anything other than Dan Andrews and his performance as Premier of Victoria.

The Labor staffers really are earning their massive payrises, while most people go further in to debt.

Correct.

Instead of answers to vital questions, all we get is deflection, denial, and obfuscation.

I wonder why? Hmmm

How good is Australia! Does that count as a policy?
Attacking Bill Shorten via Clive Palmer.

That's all I've got. 🤷

Do you know what is not in the mandate?
A mandate is more a construction of politics, rarely do people even know of the policy hidden in the finer detail, e.g we all agree Black Lives Matter but most have no idea of the breadth of the claims of the activist organisation.

Um, I don't know how to break this to you, but this isn't the thread where you put forth your candidacy to be a mod.

Still waiting for that source demonstrating the deaths at sea and the boat arrivals under the Abbott/Turnbull/Morrison government.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct.

Instead of answers to vital questions, all we get is deflection, denial, and obfuscation.

I wonder why? Hmmm
"Why won't people look where I want them to look? Why won't they pay attention to me!"

It's alright, chum. Go for a walk across the grounds, and give the great dane a pat; maybe get yourself a cognac, it's not too early. People of your social esteem, you've got to take care of yourself, avoid overstressing.

What would the golf club think of you, getting into a tizzy over this?

Wow, this thread tonight.

How much of a Labor fanboy do you have to be to actively support a government that has overseen a complete shut down of the economy through your mismanagement of hotel security?

I mean, if you were a Labour supporter at this stage I assume you would just sheepishly stay quiet, embarrassed at what Andrews' incompetence has lead to here.

That anyone should actively be supporting such incompetence is bewildering.

As for the fanboys dumping on journalists trying to get a straight answer, when even the inquiry head has stated Andrews has no excuse for not answering questions...Jesus Christ. Come on guys.
Yes, I’m sure the inner-Melbourne elite (in their own mind) would be totally OK with a curfew imposed by a Liberal government!

I dont hold a lot of interest beyond Australia, but to me things changed with the GFC, the knifing of an elected PM, & the hung parliament after the 2010 election, & Mr Abbotts method used to criticise & try to pull down the Gillard Government.
Parties throwing out elected leaders has become the norm & the negativity honed by Abbotts opposition has also continued.

The media have backed themselves in to the left or right & regularly deliver opinion as fact.

Nobody wants protests but it’s interesting how the narrative has changed

When the premier supports the cause
“People have a right to protest and we do not have the power to stop them. We don’t want anyone to attend but we cannot stop them”

When the planned protest is against the government you get arrested days before for even considering a protest

So what happened to the legal right to protest? Only exists for some causes?

If they used this same heavy handed approach two months ago we might not be in this situation now, yet only the Government couldn’t see what would happen...

I dont hold a lot of interest beyond Australia, but to me things changed with the GFC, the knifing of an elected PM, & the hung parliament after the 2010 election, & Mr Abbotts method used to criticise & try to pull down the Gillard Government.
Parties throwing out elected leaders has become the norm & the negativity honed by Abbotts opposition has also continued.

The media have backed themselves in to the left or right & regularly deliver opinion as fact.

Brilliant post. It swings both ways. No question at all.

“People have a right to protest and we do not have the power to stop them. We don’t want anyone to attend but we cannot stop them”

When the planned protest is against the government you get arrested days before for even considering a protest

If they used this same heavy handed approach two months ago we might not be in this situation now, yet only the Government couldn’t see what would happen...

I might be mistaken (and unreserved apologies if so) but haven't you been bitching about the BLM protests?

What are your thoughts on Scomos comments regarding the 5G/antivaxx/Gates protests - he said it was a free country.

Why do you keep giving him a free pass?

I might be mistaken (and unreserved apologies if so) but haven't you been bitching about the BLM protests?

Yes and I want to know why the organisers of that protest were not arrested two days beforehand to stop then going ahead

Oh that’s right, people have a legal right to protest when the Premier supports them

Correct. If Andrews stopped the BLM protest, we may have avoided the state of disaster we are in today.

It seems Daniel doesn't like to upset his far left wing hustler friends.

No wonder he doesn't want to answer direct questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back