Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raj is going to lose his fifth job because Melbourne's most liveable city tag is under pressure?

LOLSY.

All those other cities that Melbourne is competing with for that tag are also battling the same pandemic.
So it all cancels out.

The real issue is that the pandemic is exposing Melbourne's sordid underbelly of preggers Zoe from Ballarat collaborating with far-right extremists to organise protests.
Hate to be your brain.

my issue is after seeing what happened in the USA, and the way VicPol tend to deal with shutting down a protest, I think its safe to say we wouldn't have had cops handing out tickets and protestors going home.

It would have been a full on riot, and then there would have been consequent protests afterwards to protest the policing

that said, the protest organizers had a duty of care and should have done this smarter. a mob sized crowd on the street isnt the only way to protest. have a march, and enforce social distancing and mask wearing. ditch the speeches (at a physical podium/stair/stage) and have them done via zoom during the march.

I actually feel for the cops because they were the ones in a f’ed position, letting it go or shutting it down, they were f’ed either way

And the fact that at best it would have been 100:1 Protesters: Cops . Even If there were 1000 cops it still would have been insurmountable.

we are victorians, we ride public transport for free when they are "threatening to fine" us. threats would have been ignored. arrests and people being taken away in the back of a divvy van was the only way to stop these protests

& the virtuous would have attacked the police & cried police violence.

My understanding is the Police said no & it ended up on the Deputy Secs plate so I can see how it could happen, find a way to get it to happen., i.e 'leverage off of another departments contracts'.
Amazing to me that the police are able to say no to doing that job

Amazing to me that the police are able to say no to doing that job

I'm guessing they were arguing that they were needed elsewhere (ie the door knocking and on the road enforcement)

Just a guess though

NSW have added more genomic test results from July 2020 (as recently for tests taken on July 10th) to NextStrain and there is a clear link to the major Melbourne clusters which trace back in Australia, to Victoria in mid-May, around the time of the quarantine hotel breaches. New Victorian genomic results are not being submitted at the moment, at least until until the inquiry begins.

Last edited:
If we're still not seeing a substantial decline in new cases by this time next week, I don't see how we can avoid deploying stage 4 restrictions. I completely understand and empathise with people's frustrations, but I'm yet to see another real alternative solution to lockdown, apart from the political posturing and finger-pointing on what's gone wrong - which of course is no solution.

I rarely agree with Keff Kennett but he said something along of the lines of 'adhere to the rules, accountability will come later.' Eliminate or contain the virus, number 1. Have a considered strategy for gradual reopening (eg. mandatory mask wearing), number 2. If people want to vote Andrews and Labor out the election I would completely understand. First I'd ask what the actual alternative their voting for is, but I'd understand the rejection of Andrews based on the hotel quarantine fiasco alone. I believe Andrews is a good leader who may have made a fatal error to his career, but he's doing the best he can and working with public health experts to rectify the situation. You don't have to look far at all to see the horrific consequences of world leaders who have made the mistakes of reopening, not even acknowledged it as a problem, the human and economic cost of which is compounding daily.

And by the way, its very clear that the Federal govt don't want a bar in dealing with this and are happy for Andrews shoulder all the responsibility. I understand the magnitude of the job of hand, but Scott Morrison is so clearly ouot of his depth - as he was during the bushfires earlier in the year.

Having said that, Victoria should follow what the public health experts advise if the correct course of action, as it does work and deal with the luxury of political fallout once the virus is under some semblance of control. There's really no other options.

If we're still not seeing a substantial decline in new cases by this time next week, I don't see how we can avoid deploying stage 4 restrictions. I completely understand and empathise with people's frustrations, but I'm yet to see another real alternative solution to lockdown, apart from the political posturing and finger-pointing on what's gone wrong - which of course is no solution.

I rarely agree with Keff Kennett but he said something along of the lines of 'adhere to the rules, accountability will come later.' Eliminate or contain the virus, number 1. Have a considered strategy for gradual reopening (eg. mandatory mask wearing), number 2. If people want to vote Andrews and Labor out the election I would completely understand. First I'd ask what the actual alternative their voting for is, but I'd understand the rejection of Andrews based on the hotel quarantine fiasco alone. I believe Andrews is a good leader who may have made a fatal error to his career, but he's doing the best he can and working with public health experts to rectify the situation. You don't have to look far at all to see the horrific consequences of world leaders who have made the mistakes of reopening, not even acknowledged it as a problem, the human and economic cost of which is compounding daily.

And by the way, its very clear that the Federal govt don't want a bar in dealing with this and are happy for Andrews shoulder all the responsibility. I understand the magnitude of the job of hand, but Scott Morrison is so clearly ouot of his depth - as he was during the bushfires earlier in the year.

Having said that, Victoria should follow what the public health experts advise if the correct course of action, as it does work and deal with the luxury of political fallout once the virus is under some semblance of control. There's really no other options.

Fantastic post.

I'm guessing they were arguing that they were needed elsewhere (ie the door knocking and on the road enforcement)

Just a guess though

Didnt want to 'babysit' is the suggestion & it was accepted by the gang of 8 ending up back on a desk in the DHHS to fix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many days, until Avi literally explodes? or hides in a tin foil bunker?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 1.35.37 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 1.35.37 pm.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 65
It's not uncommon for Muslims to prioritize their religion above secular laws and Ramadan/Eid celebrations would've been one of those occasions hence the 'family clusters' which is code for groups of Muslims (family, friends, etc..) getting together and spreading the virus all over the North and West.

I can understand how that is possible. But for everyone's sake there needs to be complete openness about the factors that cause the spread of the disease. If groups of Muslims (family, friends, etc..) have significantly contributed to the spread of the disease by their cultural practices then it should be called out. In the UK there are a number of hotspots, all referred to as areas of 'large South Asian' population which is the same code.

I can understand how that is possible. But for everyone's sake there needs to be complete openness about the factors that cause the spread of the disease. If groups of Muslims (family, friends, etc..) have significantly contributed to the spread of the disease by their cultural practices then it should be called out. In the UK there are a number of hotspots, all referred to as areas of 'large South Asian' population which is the same code.
Youve gotta remember the delusion of the PC sections of Dans support base though. As their patron saint Dan simply cant criticise Muslims lest he risk losing support.

Good post however I don't agree with the bolded. ScoMo has publicly backed Andrews and his decisions so far, furthermore the Fed's have no responsibility to the errors that have been made with hotel quarantine, cedar meets, school outbreaks etc. It would be a worry if in fact they did come over the top where they have no authority for state issues.

I agree in part and whilst I support the BLM ideal a physical protest was irresponsible at this time. The people who participated are idiots. Nothing more needs to be said about them.

That said, Andrews (and the other state leaders) could have threatened to fine every single one of them and most of them still would have shown up.
You were going so well up until that bit

The main point of this article pretty well sums it up for me why we are back in lock down- hotel quarantine * up, whilst i don't think the protest was completely innocent and i doubt we will ever know the whole truth to it's contribution to the current situation, i'm also not sure how it could have been stopped anyway other than brute force, which would have caused all sorts of problems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back