Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ghost Patrol

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
She was a guest in the non quarantine section.
They could see each other through the windows, he held up a sign with his MOB, they spoke, she snuck in, but was busted soon after.
Excellent security and efficiency by the ADF security
She breached an ADF controlled secure area, and only got busted because she laughed too loud a few hours later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tiger08

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Of course he has no relevance. He has no power! Albo is in the same boat. The only reason opposition leaders normally are relevant is because journos covering politics have no more exciting content than whatever the latest opinion poll says about the chances of an opposition leader perhaps getting some power in the future.

Right now there's a lot more interest in what's going on with COVID which is all in the court of the current government. Who cares what the bloke who we might consider putting as Premier in 2 years thinks when we are under house arrest right now?!

swingdog

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure if this has already been posted, but Jake King nails it with the views of your ordinary everyday Melbounian and regional Victorian (not those from the public sector side of life) suffering through Andrews monumental incompetence and stuffups
Well, 2020 finally did it. It even managed to make Jake King an expert on anything other than extortion.

Gough

Sep 29, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure if this has already been posted, but Jake King nails it with the views of your ordinary everyday Melbounian and regional Victorian (not those from the public sector side of life) suffering through Andrews monumental incompetence and stuffups

I'd like to hear Tony Lockett's opinion on microeconomics next please.

Evolved1

What did it cost, Danos?
Jun 14, 2013
Victoria, the police state
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Phil Ivey
in response to a photo of family digging up a coffin, you said " All for show which is typical Indonesian style. Dan Andrews doesn't need help in that area."

what has andrews done "for show" on a scale of this? we are talking people digging up their family, not provision of daily stats FFS
Eight Indonesians who refused to wear masks were forced to dig graves as punishment, and people get a justice boner. That's what the photo is about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ned_Flanders

Premium Platinum
Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76'ers
He does plenty thats purely for show. If you're truly interested, let me know and I'll find a few examples for you when I'm home.
again, when has he done something to that degree

you used "saying daily stats" as an example, on what ******* planet does saying daily stats come remotely close to digging up graves?

Juddism

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Of course he has no relevance. He has no power! Albo is in the same boat. The only reason opposition leaders normally are relevant is because journos covering politics have no more exciting content than whatever the latest opinion poll says about the chances of an opposition leader perhaps getting some power in the future.

Right now there's a lot more interest in what's going on with COVID which is all in the court of the current government. Who cares what the bloke who we might consider putting as Premier in 2 years thinks when we are under house arrest right now?!
Because journos covering politics have no idea about politics...that’s probably more like it.

Kwality

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tootgarook
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Renault F1
Have posted throughout the year that the Vic Liberals actually have the opportunity to destroy Labor at the next election but they continue to play politics while offering zero alternative policy. The no confidence is a pure political stunt. I have more confidence in a government that caused a second wave than I do the Victorian Liberals.
Have you ever moved away from that view?

Kwality

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tootgarook
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Renault F1

Thats what Political enthusiasts ALL do, nothing special for State or Feds, the enthusiasts on the WINGS with the same gameplan.

Anja_Nees

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Isn't it 6 weeks best case scenario? End of October? If we get under 5 cases per day. And then you'll finally be able to get a hair cut and see your parents. Maybe then most kids will start heading back to school after essentially a half year off.

I hope we get there. I hope what Dan is doing works and I don't disagree with everything he has done. I do have real concerns about how he seemingly started to make decisions all by himself without expert recommendations, all the while telling us otherwise. That's never a good strategy for anyone. To put 5 million people under curfew and say its because of medical advice when its not is appalling.. even if you think its the right thing to do.

He is desperately trying to fix the mess he created but it's looking more and more like he's thrown all proper process, even our emergency provisions, out the window to try to do it. That just shouldn't happen.
Don’t disagree with much of this.

His issue (and it seems par for the course with the Vic Labor Party) is that his government has repeatedly done things its own way, most notably on quarantine and contact tracing, and spectacularly bungled it.

I’ve noticed a lot of people saying we’d be in an even worse position if the Libs were in power. I guess we’ll never know for sure but it seems extremely unlikely - Vic is the worst performing state/territory on all counts by miles and it seems to be entirely off the back of Andrews’ inexplicable captain’s calls.

The opposition’s problem is that rather sitting back quietly and letting Labor implode, they have repeatedly taken an adversarial, contrarian position. It’s robbed them of credibility when they should be presenting as a viable alternative.

Labor has to clean the mess up and other states won’t open up to Vic until it’s under control so I guess we have to stay the course. I’m frankly expecting another major setback though.

I was initially behind Andrews but the more that emerges about hotel quarantine and the contact tracing debacle (which actually seems to be a far bigger scandal) the more inept he looks. I’d say he should go at the end, but I worry about what would replace him.

hasbean9

Senior List
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Andrews was elected with a majority in good faith to diligently lead Victoria through the good and the bad times. Along comes COVID and Cometh the Hour Cometh the Man.Our elected hero to lead us through this once in a lifetime crisis is still trying to work out who was in charge of quarantine and what happened to the ADF emails sent to his senior advisor and can't seem to pin point details of the curfew.
Liberals may not have the influence that Andrews has via his heavily taxpayer funded Social Media but if in power I have an inkling they would have used ADF after checking their emails from the PM and some basic knowledge of decisions made within their party.

Last edited:

Top Bottom