Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raj is going to lose his fifth job because Melbourne's most liveable city tag is under pressure?

LOLSY.

All those other cities that Melbourne is competing with for that tag are also battling the same pandemic.
So it all cancels out.

The real issue is that the pandemic is exposing Melbourne's sordid underbelly of preggers Zoe from Ballarat collaborating with far-right extremists to organise protests.
Hate to be your brain.

Living in a border town really hits home how bad things have gone for Victoria under this guys false bravado.

500 metres from where i live the world is quite normal with a much more tailored approach to individual situations and business covid plans.

It's virtually normal life with very good contact tracement system and social distance strategies, yet in my Vic side of town we have to abide by Dans blanket save face strategy.

Meanwhile we've got businesses just vaporising, peoples lives are crashing and we can't even get anyone from his government to admit their failings, a sh*t ton of lies, blame shifting, branch stacking etc etc and we are just expected to trust them.

I'm essentially a Labor swinging voter but this guy is just so far out of his depth it's not funny anymore...
I bet you have never voted Labor in your life

and

The borders have been moved to accommodate towns located either side of them

If you are going to lie at least do some research first
Wow, you have no idea what you're actually talking about... Because we are stuck in a border bubble which has yes been modified many times doesn't mean living in Victoria we get to any of the freedoms that NSW has unless we go there and up until not long ago i wasn't allowed even in to NSW...

Astonishingly ignorant statement... 🤣
Victoria has not closed its borders.....

1601509844776.gif

Last edited:
Is that based on projections shared in the pressers?

Just based on the current averages.

The 14 day average was 13.8 yesterday. That comes down a tad to 22.9 with a 25 coming off and a 15 today going on.

The 7 day average yesterday was 11.4. That goes up today to 12 today with an 11 coming off and a 15 going on.

Given there is still plenty of different pockets of virus I cannot see us getting numbers below 5 consistently and that is what we are going to need.

The numbers that we get from next Monday will be counting to the 14 day average Dan uses to open up. If they are still coming in at mid teens there is no possible way we get to lower than 5 average.

“I spent 14 hours on the phone on Saturday, and not once did anyone cast aspersions on the Premier’s leadership,” said one MP

“He’s there for as long as he wants, he’s an election-winning machine, no one would argue against that,” a Left source says.

“Talk to them and it broadly goes like this: Do you think Dan’s broadly done a good job? Yeah. Do you seriously think his leadership is at risk? No."

Sources from across the caucus say they admire Andrews for his focus. He is a masterful politician and a powerful speaker and his attention is always on the task at hand, whether it’s the infrastructure agenda that defined his first term or the coronavirus pandemic that’s haunting his second.

People inside Labor realise that Andrews is a household name. Families regularly tune into Daily Dan press conferences, young children recognise him and teenagers are still turning him into memes on social media.

Not to mention these are the guys the Libs are pinning their hopes on to bring him down:

1601510379663.png

I mean, seriously?

I hate the term. Something can be wrong certainly, or a lie, or false, but it has reasons for how it differs from reality. Those reasons matter.

Fake news discredits a thing without saying why.
I agree. Did Trump invent the terminology?

The 14 day average was 13.8 yesterday. That comes down a tad to 22.9 with a 25 coming off and a 15 today going on.

The 7 day average yesterday was 11.4. That goes up today to 12 today with an 11 coming off and a 15 going on.

Given there is still plenty of different pockets of virus I cannot see us getting numbers below 5 consistently and that is what we are going to need.

The numbers that we get from next Monday will be counting to the 14 day average Dan uses to open up. If they are still coming in at mid teens there is no possible way we get to lower than 5 average.
I assumed all of the stage thresholds were based on extremely conservative projections. That's the only reason I think we'll comfortably meet them.

Last edited:
I agree. Did Trump invent the terminology?

Depends what you mean.

Misinformation's been around forever, but Woodrow Wilson was the first to use it similarly to how it's used today. No-one's used it quite as Trump has; he's flipped the script, calling anything oppositional towards him fake news, whether it's true or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which hasnt happened since march - even when we opened up before

New York City residents who refuse to wear a mask while in public will be subject to a fine of $1,000.

On Wednesday, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced the new fine as the rate of positive COVID-19 tests in the city rose above 3% for the first time in months. The Democrat said that the penalty is being put in place as a means to protect residents of the city from contracting the disease ahead of the flu season.

“We don’t want to fine people, but if we have to, we will,”

Human nature tells you the worm will turn, especially if we get to the 19th and they don't progress forward even on the current No's

I mentioned this on the other thread, but this is looking like one of the plateau weeks (we have had a couple of these). also i heard on radio that there was a massive jump in testing on monday (something like 18k, again heard on radio so grain of salt), so a bump is numbers is actually a good thing (better to know the cases than have unknowns running around when we are this low).

on total numbers, we will be wanting to look at single digits by the weekend to make it by the 19th without any qualification

on the qualifier, the high ratio being aged care may help regardless IF IF IF these numbers are confined to a small number of places and are under control (if its all over the shop and casuals are in play, it may not matter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back