Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raj is going to lose his fifth job because Melbourne's most liveable city tag is under pressure?

LOLSY.

All those other cities that Melbourne is competing with for that tag are also battling the same pandemic.
So it all cancels out.

The real issue is that the pandemic is exposing Melbourne's sordid underbelly of preggers Zoe from Ballarat collaborating with far-right extremists to organise protests.
Hate to be your brain.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but Jake King nails it with the views of your ordinary everyday Melbounian and regional Victorian (not those from the public sector side of life) suffering through Andrews monumental incompetence and stuffups

I'd like to hear Tony Lockett's opinion on microeconomics next please.

in response to a photo of family digging up a coffin, you said " All for show which is typical Indonesian style. Dan Andrews doesn't need help in that area."

what has andrews done "for show" on a scale of this? we are talking people digging up their family, not provision of daily stats FFS
Eight Indonesians who refused to wear masks were forced to dig graves as punishment, and people get a justice boner. That's what the photo is about.

Eight Indonesians who refused to wear masks were forced to dig graves as punishment, and people get a justice boner. That's what the photo is about.

and when has andrews done something similar to that as you stated?

He does plenty thats purely for show. If you're truly interested, let me know and I'll find a few examples for you when I'm home.

again, when has he done something to that degree

you used "saying daily stats" as an example, on what ******* planet does saying daily stats come remotely close to digging up graves?

Not sure if this has already been posted, but Jake King nails it with the views of your ordinary everyday Melbounian and regional Victorian (not those from the public sector side of life) suffering through Andrews monumental incompetence and stuffups

He needed to have the numbers with him.

Of course he has no relevance. He has no power! Albo is in the same boat. The only reason opposition leaders normally are relevant is because journos covering politics have no more exciting content than whatever the latest opinion poll says about the chances of an opposition leader perhaps getting some power in the future.

Right now there's a lot more interest in what's going on with COVID which is all in the court of the current government. Who cares what the bloke who we might consider putting as Premier in 2 years thinks when we are under house arrest right now?!

Because journos covering politics have no idea about politics...that’s probably more like it.

Have posted throughout the year that the Vic Liberals actually have the opportunity to destroy Labor at the next election but they continue to play politics while offering zero alternative policy. The no confidence is a pure political stunt. I have more confidence in a government that caused a second wave than I do the Victorian Liberals.

Have you ever moved away from that view?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course he has no relevance. He has no power! Albo is in the same boat. The only reason opposition leaders normally are relevant is because journos covering politics have no more exciting content than whatever the latest opinion poll says about the chances of an opposition leader perhaps getting some power in the future.

Right now there's a lot more interest in what's going on with COVID which is all in the court of the current government. Who cares what the bloke who we might consider putting as Premier in 2 years thinks when we are under house arrest right now?!

Thats what Political enthusiasts ALL do, nothing special for State or Feds, the enthusiasts on the WINGS with the same gameplan.

Isn't it 6 weeks best case scenario? End of October? If we get under 5 cases per day. And then you'll finally be able to get a hair cut and see your parents. Maybe then most kids will start heading back to school after essentially a half year off.

I hope we get there. I hope what Dan is doing works and I don't disagree with everything he has done. I do have real concerns about how he seemingly started to make decisions all by himself without expert recommendations, all the while telling us otherwise. That's never a good strategy for anyone. To put 5 million people under curfew and say its because of medical advice when its not is appalling.. even if you think its the right thing to do.

He is desperately trying to fix the mess he created but it's looking more and more like he's thrown all proper process, even our emergency provisions, out the window to try to do it. That just shouldn't happen.
Don’t disagree with much of this.

His issue (and it seems par for the course with the Vic Labor Party) is that his government has repeatedly done things its own way, most notably on quarantine and contact tracing, and spectacularly bungled it.

I’ve noticed a lot of people saying we’d be in an even worse position if the Libs were in power. I guess we’ll never know for sure but it seems extremely unlikely - Vic is the worst performing state/territory on all counts by miles and it seems to be entirely off the back of Andrews’ inexplicable captain’s calls.

The opposition’s problem is that rather sitting back quietly and letting Labor implode, they have repeatedly taken an adversarial, contrarian position. It’s robbed them of credibility when they should be presenting as a viable alternative.

Labor has to clean the mess up and other states won’t open up to Vic until it’s under control so I guess we have to stay the course. I’m frankly expecting another major setback though.

I was initially behind Andrews but the more that emerges about hotel quarantine and the contact tracing debacle (which actually seems to be a far bigger scandal) the more inept he looks. I’d say he should go at the end, but I worry about what would replace him.

Andrews was elected with a majority in good faith to diligently lead Victoria through the good and the bad times. Along comes COVID and Cometh the Hour Cometh the Man.Our elected hero to lead us through this once in a lifetime crisis is still trying to work out who was in charge of quarantine and what happened to the ADF emails sent to his senior advisor and can't seem to pin point details of the curfew.
Liberals may not have the influence that Andrews has via his heavily taxpayer funded Social Media but if in power I have an inkling they would have used ADF after checking their emails from the PM and some basic knowledge of decisions made within their party.

Last edited:
They were available and should have been used.

Whilst the ADF aren't prone to * ups (like in hotel quarantine yesterday in NSW and shooting unarmed civilians), they'd be more disciplined than security guards, who are your best source of debauchery in a nightclub.

Other options like Police (who are busy enough dealing with other s**t) and corrections officers (why are there hundreds of unemployed qualified corrections officers waiting for a pandemic?) are less desirable than the army who are literally employed for this s**t.

Perhaps a more pertinent question would did we (and continue to) fly people from virus riddled areas into highly populated areas such as Melbourne where one * up literally leads to a State of Disaster, when you could come up with an alternate solution in a low populous area and work out quarantining there? Looks like you can land and park any sort of plane in Alice Springs.

The Dept of Premier lawyer is grilling Graham Ashton atm very hard.
Nervous that this decision is leading to Neville and the Cabinet?

So confirmation today that the Victorian Governments refusal to test people in quarantine before being released did result in outside transmissions of the virus

Another nail in the coffin
Going to be a pretty rusty old nail two years down the track. When Victorians fully appreciate:

1 How Dan resurrected and breathed life into the economy after the somnolent years of the hopeless Napthine;

2 Led the State through an unprecedented crisis achieving an outstanding result in quicker time than expected and in so doing had the guts to face the media daily remaining there until all questions were put and in the face of many attacks, some of a personal nature. And did it with grace and dignity. In contrast to the Conman-in-Chief who runs scared when questioned about matters like the Sports Rorts, incompetence of many on his front bench, and question marks on the probity of at least three of them while the weak the compliant mainstream media sit on their hands

3 How inept and slippery the present Victorian Leader of the Opposition is should he last the two years. And what a failure he was as Treasurer.

4 How inept his Shadow Ministry is as demonstrated when the treasury spokeswoman was interviewed on ABC Drive today and showed she was clearly out of her depth.

5 The Shadow Ministry is replete with failed ministers and absolute donkeys like Finn who is a laughing stock within his own Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back