Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The line managers I agree.
Not so sure about the executives, in fact I'd wait for Ms Coate to report on Ms Peake & Mr Phemister - liken them to Mallet & Jenner from an earlier era.

dont disagree - some of them definitely have a Sir Humphreys attitude

Just talking to a friend who's about to start back as a waitress. Pretty nervous, hoping that people don't act like entitled f***wits and that they actually follow the rules.

Went to Laksa King in Glen Waverley today and was talking with the manager and he said “takeaway was through the roof” and that he thinks it’ll take time for people to enjoy a sit down meal, that said, I was 1 of only 8 people in the place, so, no hurry and plenty of space.

Pubs on the other hand...I probably wouldn’t touch, too many entitled drunks.

how would things have been different under Merlino or Pallas? Or even O'Brien?

both parties have privatized the public service for decades, and both parties and bowed at the knee of VicPol

the minute VicPol said "we're not ******* babysitters" the answer was always going to be outsource to the private sector.

in victoria we use the private sector to manage prisons and detention centres, to provide security, to run electronic monitoring, to run court security, to run prisoner transportation, and to run much of the health services. Private sector was always going to be used in this state, no matter who the premier was.

and thats the problem that the inquiry will highlight. too many emergency level decisions havent been owned sufficiently by the ministers (and this is a historic issue), and too much has been privatized and shoved to casualized labour.
THIS!!!
Why no one wishes to discuss privatisation and deregulation astounds me, it failed in HQ and failed in Aged Care.
Do we need to rethink this privatisation experiment and reverse the system back?

Just drink beer for the entire day and you can ditch the mask!

some WCE posters will be pissed now. was just a few months ago they were cheering the stage 4 announcement because they thought it would guarantee them a home GF at perth, and relocation of the boxing day test to WA

some WCE posters will be pissed now. was just a few months ago they were cheering the stage 4 announcement because they thought it would guarantee them a home GF at perth, and relocation of the boxing day test to WA

And Perth didn't get the GF and now no international cricket because of Mcflogs border and quarantine rules, so no good having the big stadium if it cannot be used.

THIS!!!
Why no one wishes to discuss privatisation and deregulation astounds me, it failed in HQ and failed in Aged Care.
Do we need to rethink this privatisation experiment and reverse the system back?

This is not the time for ideology.

IF you are naive enough to buy the private security FAIL as the cause of the deaths from the hotel quarantine fiasco read the closing submission by the Counsel for Unified Security: https://www.quarantineinquiry.vic.gov.au/submissions
See submission 11 ..... Unified were at the circus but were not the ringmaster.

The very shallow analysis across the media in general is an expose' of how poorly served we are by the once proud profession of journalism.

Last edited:
Just drink beer for the entire day and you can ditch the mask!

D0852813-B31F-44D0-A620-5376A07CC2D7.jpeg

IF you are naive enough to buy the private security FAIL as the cause of the deaths from the hotel quarantine fiasco read the closing submission by the Counsel for Unified Security: https://www.quarantineinquiry.vic.gov.au/submissions

The very shallow analysis across the media in general is an expose' of how poorly served we are by the once proud profession of journalism.

privatization is a factor (as is casualization) because its part of the outsourcing of risk by victorian govts over many years.

if it goes wrong, its the providers fault!

problem here is of course the consequences

And Perth didn't get the GF and now no international cricket because of Mcflogs border and quarantine rules, so no good having the big stadium if it cannot be used.

Which is a shame because its one of the best, if not the best, looking stadiums in the world. Better looking at times than the MCG. At night I feels like the players are on a spaceship. Its so out of this world.

The only drawback?

It sold itself short 20K fans at least. That stadium could so easily have been built to contain 80K+. 60K between both the Dockers and Eagles is not enough.

privatization is a factor (as is casualization) because its part of the outsourcing of risk by victorian govts over many years.

if it goes wrong, its the providers fault!

problem here is of course the consequences

Casualisation is a problem because it suits some people, yet many of those looking at the issue do not understand why.
When you've got benefits you tend to take them for granted, whereas others go for $/hour in the bank.

Last edited:
That may be your answer. Our primary hardly ever gave homework.

last year it was at least fortnightly homework. Since home learning... it’s a no homework paradise for kids.

they do learn how to google as part of their schooling 🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now you’re deflecting again from the fact that states agreed to manage and operate the quarantine program.

The Victorian Government was responsible for managing this program and hired unsuitable, unqualified and dodgy security companies.

Daniel andrews and the alp Victorian state government were responsible for that situation and no one else.

I realise this. It's no deflection to learn lessons from that mistake though, is there? The states should not have even been an option to look after this intake of people from outside our borders. Next time the chain of command should be Federal all the way down. If the States cry about toe-stepping then boo hoo. National health is more important than any state jurisdiction concerns.

The private security fiasco should be acknowledged of course, but learning the hard lessons and putting into practice a more streamlined centralised response for next time is even more important in my book.

Not convinced on this Ned.

Just look at the corruption at V-Line.

$30 million went into the pockets of Unified Security in the blink of an eye.

I‘d like to see where that money trail ends.

id have more than "I dont like PC indigenous corporations" as a foundation for corruption

what criteria for the VLine deal did they fail to meet? Was their price higher than the other bidders?

unless you have an answer to these two, i dont see how the vline deal is automatically assumed to be corrupt (ie a PS accepting a bribe to grant the tender)

I realise this. It's no deflection to learn lessons from that mistake though, is there? The states should not have even been an option to look after this intake of people from outside our borders. Next time the chain of command should be Federal all the way down. If the States cry about toe-stepping then boo hoo. National health is more important than any state jurisdiction concerns.

The private security fiasco should be acknowledged of course, but learning the hard lessons and putting into practice a more streamlined centralised response for next time is even more important in my book.

We only have to look across the Pacific to see how disastrous it can be when the federal government provides next to no leadership during a pandemic.

One size does not fit all is the problem for centralisation.

It never is the right time, unless it’s the ideology you believe and it’s full steam ahead.

Using private contractors was part of the problem, the contractors where part of the problem, the system in place and how it was administered was part of the problem. The privatised aged care system has been a problem for ever in a day.

when is the right time to talk about privatisation and deregulation, the Feds seam to be okay with keeping going with it, even promoting further deregulation’s.

last year it was at least fortnightly homework. Since home learning... it’s a no homework paradise for kids.

Most valuable skill they'll learn. We used to worry about the lack of homework at our primary school until we got to high school where the teachers reckoned primary school homework was a waste of time. They catch up fine. Good luck.

id have more than "I dont like PC indigenous corporations" as a foundation for corruption

what criteria for the VLine deal did they fail to meet? Was their price higher than the other bidders?

unless you have an answer to these two, i dont see how the vline deal is automatically assumed to be corrupt (ie a PS accepting a bribe to grant the tender)

Wires crossed Ned.

Referring to news in Age today about Transclean.

It never is the right time, unless it’s the ideology you believe and it’s full steam ahead.

Using private contractors was part of the problem, the contractors where part of the problem, the system in place and how it was administered was part of the problem. The privatised aged care system has been a problem for ever in a day.

when is the right time to talk about privatisation and deregulation, the Feds seam to be okay with keeping going with it, even promoting further deregulation’s.

All relevant points - but please don’t tell me public servants are the answer after watching highly paid amnesia suffering effwits give so called “evidence” at “the enquiry”.

If they’re the highly paid ones - what must the low paid public servants be like???

Which is a shame because its one of the best, if not the best, looking stadiums in the world. Better looking at times than the MCG. At night I feels like the players are on a spaceship. Its so out of this world.

The only drawback?

It sold itself short 20K fans at least. That stadium could so easily have been built to contain 80K+. 60K between both the Dockers and Eagles is not enough.
It's also on the wrong side of the country.

Schools have been prioritising the mental health of students more than usual this year so learning has sometimes taken a back seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back