Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If one were to blame Kennett, how would we hold him accountable in 2020? Daniel Andrews IS the Premier, he WAS the Premier during the second wave, he DID receive advice in 2009 that Victoria's public health capacity would not be able to deal with a global pandemic, in 2010 the State Budget was twice the size it was in 1999 ($39b versus $19b) and Andrews has been Premier for six years.

If you vote for him in 2 years, you ARE letting him off the hook. Accountability occurs at elections. Kennett WAS held accountable. Andrews has not as of yet.
Don't disagree with any of that. I'm not an Andrews barracker, if that's what you thought. Don't even live in Vic.

I only chimed in to try and add some perspective to the recent direction of this thread, namely "how can so many people still approve of Andrews after what he's done?"

a) Regardless of what he’s done wrong, he's done a lot of things right.

b) Public approval doesn't always follow rhyme or reason. In NSW, Saint Gladys is still incredibly popular, despite arguably phuccking up as much as Andrews with the Ruby Princess fiasco (which, if I'm not mistaken, was actually one of the causes of the outbreak in Victoria - thanks a bunch, Bladders) and despite recent events showing her to possibly be dodgy AF, and certainly nothing like the canny political operator she'd previously been held to be.

In the US, 70 million people just voted for the most recklessly stupid and callous world leader anywhere in these Covid times. So logic and commonsense don't always prevail.

If one were to blame Kennett, how would we hold him accountable in 2020? Daniel Andrews IS the Premier, he WAS the Premier during the second wave, he DID receive advice in 2009 that Victoria's public health capacity would not be able to deal with a global pandemic, in 2010 the State Budget was twice the size it was in 1999 ($39b versus $19b) and Andrews has been Premier for six years.

If you vote for him in 2 years, you ARE letting him off the hook. Accountability occurs at elections. Kennett WAS held accountable. Andrews has not as of yet.

Do you even realise that it's only the people in Mulgrave electorate that actually vote for Dan Andrews?

you moved yet eddie? i can organise a team to help you on your way. or perhaps you could return home and live under boris for awhile and get to understand firs hand how a real political dunderhead operates.

Why would I leave Australia when we have the best prime minister in the world?

Do you even realise that it's only the people in Mulgrave electorate that actually vote for Dan Andrews?

I have a full understanding of the Westminster system, and also a full understanding of why Daniel Andrews was on every Labor how to vote card across Victoria in 2018.

Now the border is down, Perth at Xmas it is, both wife and i were worried about snap quarantine decision mid flight, however Virgin who we have tickets with will only allow a change or credit if borders are closed, and given we don't want to throw away the money we have paid for flights, we will have to get on plane and hope for the best. It's not that we don't want to see family, we just don't want to quarantine for 14 days, if that happens we will just have to come straight back.

Now the border is down, Perth at Xmas it is, both wife and i were worried about snap quarantine decision mid flight, however Virgin who we have tickets with will only allow a change or credit if borders are closed, and given we don't want to throw away the money we have paid for flights, we will have to get on plane and hope for the best. It's not that we don't want to see family, we just don't want to quarantine for 14 days, if that happens we will just have to come straight back.

Good luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought this was an interesting take:

There hasn't been too much discussion of the budget here but it was one of the more radical budgets to come out of a state government in recent years. Massive FU to the Feds on a number of fronts.

Thought this was an interesting take:

There hasn't been too much discussion of the budget here but it was one of the more radical budgets to come out of a state government in recent years. Massive FU to the Feds on a number of fronts.
I don't know how you can find that podcast credible, its three abc nutters licking Danny's balls.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

So when will Victoria open up the SA border?

It is open, you just need the online permit with you for traceability.

Only people who live in or have been in an Adelaide hotspot are prohibited.

I don't know how you can find that podcast credible, its three abc nutters licking Danny's balls.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
I don't know how anyone can find your post credible if you describe ABC presenters as nutters.

Australia would be totally phuccked without the ABC.

Switch off the computer. Go for a walk. Get out in the world. Talk to people. Get some perspective.

How great is Dan? When our Federal Government won't sell out to an increasingly expansionist, authoritarian, corrupt Chinese government, at least we can trust Dan the Man to through the horrible belt and road initiative.

God bless Daniel Andrews.

How great is Dan? When our Federal Government won't sell out to an increasingly expansionist, authoritarian, corrupt Chinese government, at least we can trust Dan the Man to through the horrible belt and road initiative.

And by not dealing with the Chinese, businesses who have had mutually sound economic relationships with China for ages are failing. By the day.

New Zealand is the exemplar in dealing with China. But they have an honest competent PM.

And by not dealing with the Chinese, businesses who have had mutually sound economic relationships with China for ages are failing. By the day.
Good riddance. The sooner all ties are severed with that aggressively authoritarian government, the better. Couldn't care less what people like you think.

Even Albanese supported Morrison in taking measures to prevent state governments doing their own international deals, particularly ones that compromise the sovereignty of our nation you're so awfully fond of.

See his reaction when they asked about the Federal government’s bill which can cancel his precious deal? He was filthy. But we have got an insight into why Victoria failed so badly with the hotel quarantine program.

Dan has constantly said anytime the Federal government wants to do something he doesn’t like his answer is “Good luck to them if that’s the most important thing for them do, they can explain that to the people.”

Well no Dan, the federal government is capable of doing more than one thing at once, something your government clearly is incapable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back