Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not funded explicitly but will probably partially funded by other ways
In a statement issued late on Wednesday afternoon Tennis Australia conceded “Tennis Australia is funding the AO [Australian Open] quarantine program”.
“The Victorian government support relates to ongoing discussions about funding for an extension to the agreement to host the AO in Melbourne and a range of other assets to help promote the city and the state, domestically and internationally,” the statement said.

Not funded explicitly but will probably partially funded by other ways
Translation, Vix govt lied again and they have offered us more money to pay the bill and say we were to blame for the confusion. Deceitful Dan strikes again.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Translation, Vix govt lied again and they have offered us more money to pay the bill and say we were to blame for the confusion. Deceitful Dan strikes again.

hmm, think the article makes it reasonably clear

“The Victorian government support relates to ongoing discussions about funding for an extension to the agreement to host the AO in Melbourne and a range of other assets to help promote the city and the state, domestically and internationally,” the statement said.

Not sure what the difference between an immigration centre & a quarantine station is, if at all.

If you ignore Vics 2nd wave, the system as it is has coped well?

Even the SA and Northern Beaches outbreaks would have cost the economy millions of dollars. More than enough to fund a decent quarantine system.

I think quarantine should be measured against how many cases escape quarantine and it should be zero.

Don't forget, we're not actually repatriating that many people, still lots of people waiting to return home. A larger, more effective system could have had everyone home by Christmas and allowed us to think about student migration, sporting events, those fruit pickers etc.

The big bottleneck for the economy has been a porous quarantine system.

Even the SA and Northern Beaches outbreaks would have cost the economy millions of dollars. More than enough to fund a decent quarantine system.

I think quarantine should be measured against how many cases escape quarantine and it should be zero.

Don't forget, we're not actually repatriating that many people, still lots of people waiting to return home. A larger, more effective system could have had everyone home by Christmas and allowed us to think about student migration, sporting events, those fruit pickers etc.

Coronavirus isn't a danger to Australians like brown people in rickety boats are so the Feds aren't interested in carrying out their constitutional duty.

Still wondering where these 15,000+ beds are sitting idle in the middle of nowhere with easy access to all the staff and health requirements needed for quarantine?

Still wondering where these 15,000+ beds are sitting idle in the middle of nowhere with easy access to all the staff and health requirements needed for quarantine?

There is nothing actually wrong with planning for the worst case scenario and hoping it doesn't happen. The alternative is so much worse.

Coronavirus isn't a danger to Australians like brown people in rickety boats are so the Feds aren't interested in carrying out their constitutional duty.

An immigration policy outsourced to the international people smuggling/rickety boat industry by consent of the Australian Govt.
Imagine this policy setting in the Covid era.

'Mr Andrews has apologised .... said overflowing PPE bins were due to a garbage truck turning up late for a scheduled collection.

The Premier said arrangements were in place to ensure there was not a repeat.'

If biohazard bins are going into a garbage truck Dan, fix it, dont talk about it.

Sounds like recycling bins being picked up by garbage trucks, there is nothing magic about the colour of the bin.

There is nothing actually wrong with planning for the worst case scenario and hoping it doesn't happen. The alternative is so much worse.

I just wa t to know where they are. Australia caters for about 15,000 people in hotel quarantine at any one time. So where are these magical federal facilities that will take over that burden? Then there is the extra capacity needed if they want to bring more home

Like Albo everyone wants to claim the Feds can do it but no one can offer any actual way of doing it!

still infesting the state you spend your life knocking, hey smithy? just can't leave the state with the most forward thinking strong leadership, hey smithy. just another one of your empty posts was your threat to move, hey smithhy?

still infesting the state you spend your life knocking, hey smithy? just can't leave the state with the most forward thinking strong leadership, hey smithy. just another one of your empty posts was your threat to move, hey smithhy?

Spend my life knocking? I love Victoria, I’ve played cricket for Victoria, I just hate the moron who in the last six months has destroyed this great state. 6 months is far from a lifetime for an old man like me!

Spend my life knocking? I love Victoria, I’ve played cricket for Victoria, I just hate the moron who in the last six months has destroyed this great state. 6 months is far from a lifetime for an old man like me!
destroyed? lol. if you want 'destroyed' have a look at your homeland. vic will bounce back quicker than any other state.

you said you were leaving. could you set a date or is it just another vacuous claim?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

destroyed? lol. if you want 'destroyed' have a look at your homeland. vic will bounce back quicker than any other state.

you said you were leaving. could you set a date or is it just another vacuous claim?

I’m in the beautiful state right now, but permanently depends on job prospects.

I just wa t to know where they are. Australia caters for about 15,000 people in hotel quarantine at any one time. So where are these magical federal facilities that will take over that burden? Then there is the extra capacity needed if they want to bring more home

Like Albo everyone wants to claim the Feds can do it but no one can offer any actual way of doing it!

The immigration detention centres* e.g Christmas Island as used to repatriate people from Wuhan, Howard Springs as being used currently in the NT.

Its a bit difficult to discuss anything when the 'my mob is better than your mob' cretins try to dress mutton up as lamb'.

* For a quick overview courtesy of Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_immigration_detention_facilities

vic will bounce back quicker than any other state.

How is your Mum?
Meaningless motherhood statement.

International students?
Tourism?
A barista lead recovery ?

Firing up the building industry is a great initiative for the immediate future but without immigration, where is the demand going to come from?

The immigration detention centres* e.g Christmas Island as used to repatriate people from Wuhan, Howard Springs as being used currently in the NT.

Its a bit difficult to discuss anything when the 'my mob is better than your mob' cretins try to dress mutton up as lamb'.

* For a quick overview courtesy of Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_immigration_detention_facilities
We could make use of some of the centres but their capacity under COVID isolation rules is a fraction of their normal capacity and some of them are full of convicted criminals and failed welfare seekers who are using our legal system to launch pointless tax payer funded appeal after appeal to delay their long overdue deportation.

Christmas Island was able to take what, one flight? Plus it’s being used now for its primary use, detaining people who they’re trying to deport so it’s not an option.

The NT facility is already in use so it won’t make any difference.

How is your Mum?
Meaningless motherhood statement.

International students?
Tourism?
A barista lead recovery ?

Firing up the building industry is a great initiative for the immediate future but without immigration, where is the demand going to come from?

Nah mate, Dan will get stuff built and invest in infrastructure like any good leader. Vic will bounce back very quickly and once vaccinations are rolled out and international travel back up and running people will flock back here by the tens of thousands.

We'll get into further debt but that's ok, the Tories in the federal government now believe debt is a good thing. And their ingrate followers have been quite happy to take their taxpayer funded handouts during the pandemic. These are the same people that spit on the homeless and unemployed.

Now that’s the left wing thinking there. Complain about the horrendous conditions refugees face by being put into a hotel then dump Australians into the outback with a tent and ration packs! 😂
Who mentioned refugees?

At the moment quarantine costs $6,000 for a family of three after you wait forever to get your chance to come back.

My way everyone can come back straight away and save thousands in the process.

Christmas Island was able to take what, one flight? Plus it’s being used now for its primary use, detaining people who they’re trying to deport so it’s not an option.

The NT facility is already in use so it won’t make any difference.

It does take a level of comprehension to follow the discussion. Big picture stuff, get with the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back