Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this strange grip Dan Andrews has on Labor fanboys in Victoria?

I mean, it's Australian to give it to politicians no matter what their "colours" - politicians only win begrudging respect, at best, after lengthy terms.

Yet Dan gets weird adoration even in the face of gross incompetence. What's the deal? And behind the layer of fanboys you have another layer of half-wits that repeat ad nauseum "Dan is keeping us safe!", like a group of Mayan villagers chanting that their daily sacrifice is "keeping them safe!" - too blinded to realise anything else.

It's so weird.

Is it Russian bots pretending to be Aussies to cheer on incompetent governance??

I mean, it's Australian to give it to politicians no matter what their "colours" - politicians only win begrudging respect, at best, after lengthy terms.

Yet Dan gets weird adoration even in the face of gross incompetence. What's the deal? And behind the layer of fanboys you have another layer of half-wits that repeat ad nauseum "Dan is keeping us safe!", like a group of Mayan villagers chanting that their daily sacrifice is "keeping them safe!" - too blinded to realise anything else.

It's so weird.

Is it Russian bots pretending to be Aussies to cheer on incompetent governance??
The way he talks to journalists, especially the female journos, is an absolute disgrace. Imagine if he was on the "other" side of politics?

As for the grip he has on Labor supporters, the only thing I can think of is that admitting Andrews is a failure means giving the other side some ammunition and a chance at the next election, which of course is intolerable for them. Hence the blind loyalty and the bullying of anyone who dares question him. Leigh Sales, what a right winger she is. 🤣

Remember guys and girls, brutal online abuse towards a female journalist who dares to ask some tough questions is just "constructive feedback" if the abuse is from the twitter left. The hypocrisy is just astounding. I would argue that these idiots are possibly the single biggest handbrake for Labor federally, who wants to be associated with this?

Last edited:

Got to love that arbitrary "2021" caveat so you could conveniently avoid that SA went into a statewide lockdown just 3 months ago :rolleyes: .

Considering how embarrassing that was for the SA authorities and the reversal that followed, I would hardly be proud of being in the same grouping....

The argument against that is that so far each time this variant has breached HQ in Australia it has spread less than previous versions
That's because each state's response to this UK variant has been faster and harder despite fewer cases than with previous covid versions. No one is taking the risk with this UK variant just to prove to the doubters it's more infectious. Greater Brisbane and Perth went into immediate lockdowns while Victoria is now in lockdown for 5 days when it hardly altered the "covid-normal" rules for the Black Rock outbreak (originally from NSW) despite the latter having more cases.

Considering how embarrassing that was for the SA authorities and the reversal that followed, I would hardly be proud of being in the same grouping....
"Embarrassing" that that pizza shop worker lied to SA authorities? :confusedv1:

Contact tracing in all states relies on people interviewed being honest about their whereabouts and their contacts. Morons who don't tell the truth screw everyone else.

Last edited:
The way he talks to journalists, especially the female journos, is an absolute disgrace. Imagine if he was on the "other" side of politics?

As for the grip he has on Labor supporters, the only thing I can think of is that admitting Andrews is a failure means giving the other side some ammunition and a chance at the next election, which of course is intolerable for them. Hence the blind loyalty and the bullying of anyone who dares question him. Leigh Sales, what a right winger she is. 🤣

Remember guys and girls, brutal online abuse towards a female journalist who dares to ask some tough questions is just "constructive feedback" if the abuse is from the twitter left. The hypocrisy is just astounding. I would argue that these idiots are possibly the single biggest handbrake for Labor federally, who wants to be associated with this?

They weren't tough questions at all though. Andrews handled them easily as Sales was just repeating the same questions that had already been asked and answered on previous days. She normally does her homework but yesterday Sales was out of her depth asking contradictory questions and embarrassing herself when asking the government to ignore the health advice. Sales made the media conference about her which isn't her usual style. People don't watch these media conferences for "look at me" stunts from journos who simply waste everyone's time.

What then made it even worse for her was Sales in a tweet after the conference lied about the reason why she was in Victoria. She tried to claim she wasn't down here for work purposes but only for a friend's birthday and got caught in lockdown when in fact as a NSW resident she was/is free to leave. She could have also organised a flight and flown out on the day the lockdown was announced like my cousin had to do. She made out she was more important than the average folk (who are making more sacrifices than she is) which never goes down well. There were many "I use to be a fan of Sales but ..." posts on social media yesterday as a result.

ps. I do love when journos sook about being critiqued themselves and turn to slagging off the masses (hello Chris Uhlmann). They need to learn no one is above criticism.

It's so weird.

I reckon most fans of Dan see him as the closest thing to a PM that the ALP might have in the near future & probably wishing he’d run for federal office.

That's because each state's response to this UK variant has been faster and harder despite fewer cases than with previous covid versions. No one is taking the risk with this UK variant just to prove to the doubters it's more infectious. Greater Brisbane and Perth went into immediate lockdowns while Victoria is now in lockdown for 5 days when it hardly altered the "covid-normal" rules for the Black Rock outbreak (originally from NSW) despite the latter having more cases.

Are we allowed to say UK variant? I thought it was was offensive to do the old name a virus or its strain by where it started.

"UK variant of the China flu" is basically Trumpspeak.

The UK variant apparently infects 14% of close contacts compared to 11% normally. This talk of HYPER is classic Andrews bullsh*t.

Is our contact tracing so bad still that without shutting the state down they couldnt limit this to 50-100 cases. Surely not. So perhaps MAYBE 1 life has been saved if we had been unlucky. Are our ICUs being overrun? Yet Grade 1 kids who missed half a year of school last year are off school again. The businesses in the CBD who were maybe seeing a little life before jobkeeper ends have just seen that killed off.

NSW has shown the way and the Chairman continues to embarass himself and damage the state. He is so used to locking the place up he has forgotten how outrageous it is.

Last edited:

It's so weird.

Got to say, was refreshing to see Leigh Sales being one of perhaps only 2or3 actual journalists interviewing Dan yesterday.
Good work. Genuine questions. Good on her. She should do it more often. Great for her evening show and cred to be out there.
Pity she still couldnt get any answers at all from someone with such a cringeworthy poker face, lying through his teeth and passing the buck.

The bloke has just about fully wedged himself this time.
Anyone putting spin and politics before the interests of their electorate will eventually get found out. Looks like the mob are finally waking up this time.
Is rapidly losing any credibility he may have leftover, as the reality of what he's done sinks in.

Had maybe 3 Vics on the phone during the day yesterday and all universal in condemnation. "Sick of his lying shyt" was one term. "Noone i know thinks this is necessary" was another.

You take something that would rate as nothing more than a practice drill in NSW, and blow it out of all proportion. Then go out of your way to deliberately instill fear in people with a heap of bullshit with zero scientific evidence...and immediately throw the poor bastard in ICU under the buss as well as that Emma ?? woman that is new to the job. All to be used as human shields to protect his arse.

Someone please tell me i;m wrong....ALL cases are related or known close contacts and isolated. 0-2 cases per day. No community transmission at all to speak of. I'm wrong i hope, because that is "dont wake me up during the night for that shyt" in NSW.

Is there a map of Melbourne you can visit that shows where the cases are ? Should be a live map u can access like other states.
Perhaps you could simply avoid driving near them, and not shop or visit anyone in those councils for awhile.

Sure beats deliberately and needlessly inflicting pain onto the lowest socio-economic groups that can least afford it.

There's been no leaks into the community from Howard Springs. We all know it's the best model and we all know it won't happen because the Federal Government doesn't want to pay for it.
According to this article, there have been a relative handful go through Howard Springs as of early January 2021:

"Since the repatriation flights began last October, almost 2,500 people have been repatriated via the Howard Springs facility.". Then you can add another 500 for the Diamond Princess and Wuhan.

Hardly comparing apples with apples when you consider that NSW has taken in well over 100,000 through HQ for one breach.

Of course, if you more intensively use Howard Springs (which I think they should BTW!), you'd have to override Michael Gunner's preference for a 425 per week quota. Then what happens in terms of slip ups if you can double the amount of people in the camp, with regards to scope for general stuff ups, servicing large numbers and perhaps even the managing behaviour of people under more trying conditions.

People are always banging on about the "gold standard", whilst thinking that there is a "silver bullet". There isn't! As outlined, I think HQ / Howard Springs-type set ups needs to be moved out of major metro areas. A breach in a small town might be annoying economically, but it won't spread as fast and isn't going to cost like a billion dollars like the latest Melbourne lockdown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's so weird.

I don't how they can think he is keeping us safe, when the virus keeps getting out of hotel quarantine, forcing us into our third lockdown, i'd hardly call that safe.

I don't how they can think he is keeping us safe, when the virus keeps getting out of hotel quarantine, forcing us into our third lockdown, i'd hardly call that safe.

one thing in the risk industry that is hated is that word, "safe".

its impossible to guarantee, because nothing is completely safe because there is always some risk attached. The whole point of everything from seat belts to bike helmets is risk minimization

speaking on HQ from a national perspective (and taking the politics out of it), it will never be 100%. Its impossible, unless you shove all detainees and workers in a giant bubble, and they are not permitted to leave until every one of them tests negative for x number of times after x weeks.

By letting workers return home, its a risk. By reducing detention times from 14 to 10 days, its a risk. Why is this being done then? Because the risks being taken on are thought to be lesser than the cost of mitigating the risk.

Now that last point (for each of these) is and should be up for debate, as it should every time we learn more about the virus and its management.

But, if our goal is to have a HQ that is "safe", that wont happen. The best we will achieve is "safer". Yes its a minor distinction, but an important one.

It's so weird.

I can't see how it would just be Labour fanbois. The traditional ALP voters have been smashed in Vic in the last 12 months. Its the middle & upper class that have seen huge benefits from lockdowns.
Anyone seen any demographics of the latest polls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back