Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2006
POLICE STATE
AFL Club
Collingwood
you sound knowledgeable, but lumping those students with diagnoses together as ‘disruptive’ is very lazy. Often the the opposite is true, they just quietly zone out. One or two of those diagnosis often get described as ‘well behaved’

not arguing that more couldn’t be done
I agree - but this is far from an ideal educational outcome as well.

My comment was to illustrate a potential scenario that may occur in a classroom rather than a statement of fact that those diagnoses inherently produce disruptive behaviour. In many situations, disruptive students often have some sort of (diagnosed or undiagnosed) learning difficulty that has not been adequately addressed by the teacher/education system - which may be any of the three I mentioned - plus many more.

There's no need to make up fake medical excuses. I've been raw dogging it for weeks outside with impunity because there's no requirement for anyone to provide evidence for their medical condition.

If questioned, anyone could have told the cop they had a medical condition. If I was questioned and pushed for further details, I would have asked the cop for his name, rank, and station so I could report him to his superiors.

We're not living in China yet.

Some idiots on camera refused to say their medical condition and copped the fine

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Liberal and Labor are both terrible. This much is obvious to anybody with a brain.

There is not a single politician in parliament who gives a sh*t about you. Period.
Anyone with a brain would have noted you particularly referenced Spring St. An unambiguous shot at Andrews and his government. Nothing about Scummo and his lot. So enough of the silly excuse/diversion.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Some idiots on camera refused to say their medical condition and copped the fine
Do you have a link to this alleged video evidence?

Edit: If anyone was fined for failing to state their medical condition, I have no doubt the fine could be challenged in court.

Stupid coppers in Vic often get ahead of themselves so it wouldn't surprise me if what you claim is true.

AM

Aug 18, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Top job righting a situation he caused, it is a bit like patting someone on the back for calling an ambulance after they left the handbrake off their car and it squashed a bunch of people

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ah yes, straight from the Liberal justifiers' playbook.

It's arrant nonsense to say people/organisations aren't given credit for righting failings. Happens all the time in politics, sport, everyday life.

Let's never mention the role of the "shocking tale of neglect" (as the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety said about aged care) and the significant part that neglect had in the infections and deaths. Because that's the Liberal feds' responsibility. So shhh!

The real issue here is that Liberals see Dan as the person who likely stands in the way of them doing well both federally and locally so it's about diminishing/discrediting him with constant undermining. Scummo gave it a crack but has handed it over to the pseudo treasurer and floundering health minister to take up the cudgels.In addition to fellow travellers in the 3rd rate media and other odds-n-sods. And aren't the incessant whining and personal attacks going well?

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Ah yes, straight from the Liberal justifiers' playbook.

It's arrant nonsense to say people/organisations aren't given credit for righting failings. Happens all the time in politics, sport, everyday life.

Let's never mention the role of the "shocking tale of neglect" (as the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety said about aged care) and the significant part that neglect had in the infections and deaths. Because that's the Liberal feds' responsibility. So shhh!

The real issue here is that Liberals see Dan as the person who likely stands in the way of them doing well both federally and locally so it's about diminishing/discrediting him with constant undermining. Scummo gave it a crack but has handed it over to the pseudo treasurer and floundering health minister to take up the cudgels.In addition to fellow travellers in the 3rd rate media and other odds-n-sods. And aren't the incessant whining and personal attacks going well?
News.com.au that you link only wishes it could be 3rd rate media and that Dan fella is scum.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Failed English expression apparently. Also, more than a little embarrassed about the Sweden matter.
There's no need to feel embarrassed because you linked to a 4th rate media source in respect to the Sweden matter. I'm not one to hold grudges.

It's nice that we've found common ground in the view that Dan is scum.

AM

Aug 18, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
There's no need to feel embarrassed because you linked to a 4th rate media source in respect to the Sweden matter. I'm not one to hold grudges.

It's nice that we've found common ground in the view that Dan is scum.
As out pointed out the link referenced other well respected publications, was well argued, and blew your idiotic stance on Sweden's way of handling COVID to smithereens. Deal with it!

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
If you're using surgeons and nurses as an example then I can use those they're operating on who don't wear a mask as mine.

Wear one for your own protection if you feel it's necessary and let others make their own decision. We're the outlier in Australia.
The thing is, masks don't really help you very much. They do, however, make it much less likely you'll transmit the virus to others.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone with a brain would have noted you particularly referenced Spring St. An unambiguous shot at Andrews and his government. Nothing about Scummo and his lot. So enough of the silly excuse/diversion.
ScoMo's a clown and anybody who votes 1 Lib/Nats is a fool.

Same as anybody who votes 1 Labor/Greens.

Anything else?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you have a link to this alleged video evidence?

Edit: If anyone was fined for failing to state their medical condition, I have no doubt the fine could be challenged in court.

Stupid coppers in Vic often get ahead of themselves so it wouldn't surprise me if what you claim is true.

I'm not googling it (because it's months old and I'll have to wade through hundreds of articles), but one was on news.com.au. it was back when sovereign citizens were getting media for every idiotic video of police interaction they took.

The belief was you only had to say you had a medical condition. You didn't need to specify what that condition was, or provide a doctor's confirmation of it.

You had some great videos in the media but esp Facebook of people refusing to say their ailment, and the. The obvious happened

Not Australia, but my favourite was from the USA. Someone there tried to claim a mask was against their religion, so they had a religious exemption.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
I've had debates with colleagues over whether we were required to wear masks while mowing the front lawn and we couldn't come to any agreement. Dictator Dan has people walking on eggshells for fear of being fined.

I really think our number plates should say 'Victoria - The fine state'.

Mate, you can’t use the term ‘Dictator Dan’ and have a crack at people for being either LWNJ’s or RWNJ’s as you have in previous posts.

Anybody who thinks Andrews is a dictator doesn’t know what the word means. The same goes for people who call Victoria a communist state.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
If you're using surgeons and nurses as an example then I can use those they're operating on who don't wear a mask as mine.

Wear one for your own protection if you feel it's necessary and let others make their own decision. We're the outlier in Australia.

Masks also protect others.

It’s a global pandemic FFS.

Hornberger

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2011
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Glad the airport link is getting started in one form or another but the metro tunnel option was definitely not my favoured solution. The new HCMTs and their peak hour configurations are not the ideal layout for airport commuters who would probably prefer a seat and regular commuters don't mix well with ordinary people carrying suitcases and bags before and after their flight. Then there's the issue with taking more capacity out of the tunnel before it's even been built, despite the clear need to electrify out to Melton and Wyndham Vale. And then there's the missed opportunity to put regional trains on a dedicated line between Sunshine and the city and let them run in at full speed without being impeded by other services.
I agree with you, they should have electrified Melton and Wyndham Vale and ran those services via the metro trains, and then used the free capacity on the regional link to run express v-line services to the Airport.

However, the good news is that it can be easily fixed by reconfiguring the track layout at Sunshine station at a later date if and when they electrify Melton and Wyndham Vale.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
It's not credible that the 1,161 people fined $200 in the first month for not wearing a mask all f’ed with the police. You haven't provided a shred of evidence for it.

And you haven't provided a shred of evidence they didn't.

If people behave like morons around the cops they deserve whatever comes their way. Far too many of you flag waving sovereign citizens with uneducated opinions (how's Sweden doing?) are making life unbearable for decent people.

Wear a mask and you won't get fined. It's really very simple. Nobody likes it (least of all me) but most of us aren't qualified to question the epidemiologists and medical professionals on this. Especially not the 4chan and Breitbart followers and tin-foil hat wearers like you.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
There's a spectrum between caution and fear that you haven't acknowledged.

We've been redlining it for months and it comes at a cost in other areas including mental health.

Fear is being as a tool to ramp up opinion to denigrate caution, aka you are playing weasel words.

Hoops

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 30, 2004
Forever in contention
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Vixens
of course i dont, but given people here have been bragging about telling cops to fu** off, making up fake medical excuses, and thinking you can just shove the mask on when you see them, im not surprised this state has 1100 morons
I was at a set of red traffic lights a few months back and saw a couple of teenagers one with a mask on his chin another wearing it as a bracelet crossing the road in front of an undercover police car. The cops just flashed their lights, the teens realised who it was and quickly put on their masks. The cops just let them go. I think most cops would not fine anyone unless they gave them a reason to fine them.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
I was at a set of red traffic lights a few months back and saw a couple of teenagers one with a mask on his chin another wearing it as a bracelet crossing the road in front of an undercover police car. The cops just flashed their lights, the teens realised who it was and quickly put on their masks. The cops just let them go. I think most cops would not fine anyone unless they gave them a reason to fine them.

But it's also not your attitude but the cops that dictates what happens. Some just want to fine people, others don't want to do the paperwork. I've been pulled over by an unmarked cop car in the city for running a red light and yet got let off!

But you get the HWP or cops actually on dedicated covid patrols, they're more likely to fine people because that's their job.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Top job righting a situation he caused, it is a bit like patting someone on the back for calling an ambulance after they left the handbrake off their car and it squashed a bunch of people

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
what a crazy analogy. park the dan hate and recognise a job well done. not even those who don't have an anti andrews bias thought it was achievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back