Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which ads are these? the one where the boy is throwing stuff at the daughter in the backyard and the mum says something like "he just likes her" ?

I think the fact only 2,000 people of the 30,000 enrolled voted in the first peoples assembly election (despite a noted push to increase enrolment through prison visits of all places) shows there is minimal desire for a treaty in vic even on the indigenous side.

Side note - if anyone has a link to the actual voting results for the assembly elections id love to see it.
I think they have hidden it, because it must show some members got elected on less than 50 votes.

Top ad on here which just has text:

Cleary no one has an issue with anti domestic violence campaigns and we can all get behind that. But this is a complete nothing commercial. It's not ridiculous like the "Don't look at females on public transport" commercial.. this is just a waste of time when it should be vaccine, vaccine, vaccine. It's prime time free to air ffs.

Will we have the balls to make an early call on a few restrictions?

in my ignorant opinion, its 50:50

good news is the donut

good news is most (i think???) of the recent cases were linked and already in iso

bad news is the testing numbers (the higher the number, the greater the confidence any community spread will be observed)

my guess it will come down to if the testing is happening enough in the concern areas (those with the unlinked cases and +ve poo water) to ignore the small numbers elsewhere

the other factor is how long its been since the unlinked infection. the closer it gets to 2 weeks with no new cases the better

WTF is going on with stopping the Pfizer roll out? The Feds say Victoria has enough supply to keep going but Vic govt disagrees and has stopped rolling it out to 40-49 so there's enough for second doses.

I have no idea who is right but how can we screw this up?! Surely they can they work it out between them and have a consistent message!!

Incompetent politicians who've done nothing in their career outside of playing politics and useless (but I'm sure very "diverse") public servants.

Can I also ask why we've got these endless, vague "Respect for women" government ads running all over the footy? If it were clear anti-domestic violence then fine but they're trying to loop 500 womens issue into the same 30 sec spot and it ends up meaning nothing. And there's also these new government ads on a Victorian "treaty" with indigenous people. Umm.. priorities anyone??

There should be one set of State govt ads at the moment basically saying "hey baby boomers get your old arses off the couch, stop watching sky news and go and get the vaccine". But no, they're getting bumped for the latest set of pet issues from Brunswick.
The Sky team are all vaxxed and say so.

WTF is going on with stopping the Pfizer roll out? The Feds say Victoria has enough supply to keep going but Vic govt disagrees and has stopped rolling it out to 40-49 so there's enough for second doses.

I have no idea who is right but how can we screw this up?! Surely they can they work it out between them and have a consistent message!!

Incompetent politicians who've done nothing in their career outside of playing politics and useless (but I'm sure very "diverse") public servants.

Can I also ask why we've got these endless, vague "Respect for women" government ads running all over the footy? If it were clear anti-domestic violence then fine but they're trying to loop 500 womens issue into the same 30 sec spot and it ends up meaning nothing. And there's also these new government ads on a Victorian "treaty" with indigenous people. Umm.. priorities anyone??

There should be one set of State govt ads at the moment basically saying "hey baby boomers get your old arses off the couch, stop watching sky news and go and get the vaccine". But no, they're getting bumped for the latest set of pet issues from Brunswick.
Lefties will left, need to perpetually virtue signal :rolleyes:

the misinformation from the gym morons is getting hilarious

initially no cases of infection in a gym, then no cases of infection in a commercial gym, now no cases of infection in a commercial gym in Victoria since November

the best one though is the brothel claim. Despite what the roidheads and sovereign idiots are saying, knock shops are still shut

one thing I love about the post trump world, the belief something is true if its requoted enough on twitter or facebook
Ridiculous comments.

Gym "Morons" and "Roidheads" Are so up in arms because its farcical that gyms are closed but pubs and clubs are open.
You can socially distance, wear masks and you literally have to sanitise everything you touch, before and after use when training.
Pubs/clubs no one socially distances, your at a table bumping literally elbows, and the minute you have a pot in front of you, the mask comes off. Get intoxicated, volume comes up, spit flies everywhere.

Just go out for a walk for exercise? Have you seen the weather? Not ideal for the elderly that's for sure. Plus for some people, exercising, and being in a gym environment is just important for there mental health, as someone who wants to get pissed with there mates at a pub or club.

Ridiculous comments.

Gym "Morons" and "Roidheads" Are so up in arms because its farcical that gyms are closed but pubs and clubs are open.
You can socially distance, wear masks and you literally have to sanitise everything you touch, before and after use when training.
Pubs/clubs no one socially distances, your at a table bumping literally elbows, and the minute you have a pot in front of you, the mask comes off. Get intoxicated, volume comes up, spit flies everywhere.

Just go out for a walk for exercise? Have you seen the weather? Not ideal for the elderly that's for sure.

not banging on about knock shops anymore? or finally figured out that was BS

and as for exercise, home gym. how ******* hard is it for you sad fools to have a set of free weights and a bench at home? you lot are the single biggest bunch of entitled sooks this pandemic

Ridiculous comments.

Just go out for a walk for exercise? Have you seen the weather? Not ideal for the elderly that's for sure. Plus for some people, exercising, and being in a gym environment is just important for there mental health, as someone who wants to get pissed with there mates at a pub or club.

Do you really need a full length mirror to exercise though?

not banging on about knock shops anymore? or finally figured out that was BS

and as for exercise, home gym. how ******* hard is it for you sad fools to have a set of free weights and a bench at home? you lot are the single biggest bunch of entitled sooks this pandemic
Bit hard for people in one bedroom studio apartments.
What about males females who use bikes/crosstrainers/rowers? Elderly, who can't walk out under 10 degree weatehr.

Its not just "Meatheads" you're bloody ignorant.
One of the best things you can do to combat the effects of covid is to look after your physical health. Seems to effect overweight/obese people more than those in good physical shape. But sure, middle of winter, go and get pissed but don't go to a gym.

I work in both a gym and a nightclub in Melbourne. The rules are a joke. If you ever stepped into one during this whole thing, like i said, you literally have to sanitise and wipe everything you touch, before and after, and wear a mask. I guarantee if you're gonna catch it, its at a pub or club before a gym

What about males females who use bikes/crosstrainers/rowers? Elderly, who can't walk out under 10 degree weatehr.

One of the best things you can do to combat the effects of covid is to look after your physical health. Seems to effect overweight/obese people more than those in good physical shape. But sure, middle of winter, go and get pissed but don't go to a gym.

I work in both a gym and a nightclub in Melbourne. The rules are a joke. If you ever stepped into one during this whole thing, like i said, you literally have to sanitise and wipe everything you touch, before and after, and wear a mask. I guarantee if you're gonna catch it, its at a pub or club before a gym

i had free weights in a one bed apartment. its not that hard princess

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1152894
The media are playing a big part in ruining this country and chances of getting out of this pandemic.

Aside from your point about the media ruining this country which is 100% correct, if you've had the opportunity to get vaccinated and decline that option then if you die it is your own stupid fault and evidence of Darwinism at play. I have no sympathy.

At some point life has to go on without borders being closed and the restrictions we live with now. One of the benefits (rewards if you prefer) of getting vaccinated should be that you can live without restriction, assuming everybody has been given their opportunity.

Obviously with the exception of those who have legitimate medical conditions that mean they can't be vaccinated, I am also opposed to those who have chosen not to vaccinate being able to tap into taxpayer funded healthcare for any Covid related illness they contract. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

If my 72 yo mum can walk with a walking stick/wheelie frame with me outside on crutches, then that is good exercise. Simply put, you don't need a gym to exercise. Heck, indoor heated pools with the ability for hydrotherapy, are far more important exercise wise than gyms. Local sport in terms of exercise is more important than the gym. From footy to lawn bowls.

Aside from your point about the media ruining this country which is 100% correct, if you've had the opportunity to get vaccinated and decline that option then if you die it is your own stupid fault and evidence of Darwinism at play. I have no sympathy.

At some point life has to go on without borders being closed and the restrictions we live with now. One of the benefits (rewards if you prefer) of getting vaccinated should be that you can live without restriction, assuming everybody has been given their opportunity.

Obviously with the exception of those who have legitimate medical conditions that mean they can't be vaccinated, I am also opposed to those who have chosen not to vaccinate being able to tap into taxpayer funded healthcare for any Covid related illness they contract. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Hear hear!. Well said.

Good on you for having the space, not all are that lucky. Still not an adequate argument on how a pub or club is safer than a gym. Or how there more beneficial or essential.

i had a tiny 1 bed, and i did this radical thing called move stuff around

again, entitled is your issue

If my 72 yo mum can walk with a walking stick/wheelie frame with me outside on crutches, then that is good exercise. Simply put, you don't need a gym to exercise. Heck, indoor heated pools with the ability for hydrotherapy, are far more important exercise wise than gyms. Local sport in terms of exercise is more important than the gym. From footy to lawn bowls.
Cool story. 4 of my elderly clients have bronchi or respiratory issues. Thats not an option for them.

i had a tiny 1 bed, and i did this radical thing called move stuff around

again, entitled is your issue
How is it entitled? Its about the logic over one service to another. Staff, who aren't working and making an income, etc
Still can't come up with a logical argument re: Pubs clubs, just name calling. And gym users are morons :rolleyes:

Cool story. 4 of my elderly clients have bronchi or respiratory issues.

And so do I (chronic asthmatic). There are multiple forms of exercise that simply do not include gyms. That's the facts.

As for pubs and clubs...they are highly sanitised environments - more than what they were a generation ago. The reason? Because of the amount of cleaning that goes on in them to have a different level of clientele than just the regular pissheads in the front bars that used to congregate. Pubs have become rather upmarket in most places.

Cool story. 4 of my elderly clients have bronchi or respiratory issues.

if you are legit and not talking s**t, those supports have not stopped.

even in the worst of the lockdown last year, it was only community programs and the like that were closed down. the NDIS and Aged Care Commission continued have continued to provide physical therapy supports (even when things like physio's were closed off for casual punters)

there are more hoops to jump through, and staff segregation became situation normal, but my understanding is few NDIS providers closed shop last year (outside the usual commercial attrition that was happening prior to lockdown). Aged care supports I was less involved in, but again I know a number of clients who were still operating at this time (the big issue was access, and thats where models were adapted. Disability had managed supports for SIL recipients for years, and I know a number of providers used their models for delivery during lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back