Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Greens have nothing to do with Labor.
Labor's climate policy is an International disgrace. They back gas and coal and pretend not to.
I don't know how you can support this party. You should join the Greens if you give a sh*t.

I support the ALP because the greens economic policies are nothing more than a belief pixie dust will make everything work. I also strongly believe in free trade, something the greens despise

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
I support the ALP because the greens economic policies are nothing more than a belief pixie dust will make everything work. I also strongly believe in free trade, something the greens despise
Rubbish.
What's your opinion on Labor's hideous climate policy?
We don't need coal and gas to expand it's uneconomic and morally wrong.
How do you square that with your conscience?
No offence but I don't understand.
I had a chat to Ged Kearney at the last election and she tried to bullshit me and pretend she cares.
She is a classic example of someone who has grown up in the union movement and gets parachuted into a seat as long as she says what she's told to say.
The only decent person is Mark Butler.
Penny Wong voted against Gay marriage originally how does that work?

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
You sound like a Murdoch journalist.
Does anyone ever talk about climate policy in the branch meetings or do the union reps prevent that?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Rubbish.
What's your opinion on Labor's hideous climate policy?
We don't need coal and gas to expand it's uneconomic and morally wrong.
How do you square that with your conscience?
No offence but I don't understand.
I had a chat to Ged Kearney at the last election and she tried to bullshit me and pretend she cares.
She is a classic example of someone who has grown up in the union movement and gets parachuted into a seat as long as she says what she's told to say.
The only decent person is Mark Butler.
Penny Wong voted against Gay marriage originally how does that work?
You sound like a Murdoch journalist.
Does anyone ever talk about climate policy in the branch meetings or do the union reps prevent that?

the environmental policy TBH is about as hard as you can push the electorate right now. the ALP wanted a carbon tax, and we saw how well the electorate reacted to that

its raised at branch meetings, but its not the topic of the day. as who unionists, I dont ask people I meet if they are a union member. Do you?

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
the environmental policy TBH is about as hard as you can push the electorate right now. the ALP wanted a carbon tax, and we saw how well the electorate reacted to that

its raised at branch meetings, but its not the topic of the day. as who unionists, I dont ask people I meet if they are a union member. Do you?
' ....the environmental policy TBH is about as hard as you can push the electorate right now
...' , this statement is very incorrect.
You've seen the massive climate protests and the polls show 79% want more action on climate so you can't say it's an electorate issue.
Besides that point, Albo has shown no leadership on the issue at all.He is scared of the Queensland coal unions and mistakenly believes all he has to do is win the coal vote in qld to get into power
Would Bob Hawke flip flop on this matter or would he show leadership.
You need to expel the coal bastards from the party and tell the coal unions to fck off .
It's costing the country money and making our bushfires worse ect
Sorry but Labor is a joke and an International joke.

' ....the environmental policy TBH is about as hard as you can push the electorate right now
You've seen the massive climate protests and the polls show 79% want more action on climate so you can't say it's an electorate issue.
Besides that point, Albo has shown no leadership on the issue at all.He is scared of the Queensland coal unions and mistakenly believes all he has to do is win the coal vote in qld to get into power
You need to expel the coal bastards from the party and tell the coal unions to fck off .

massive protests...

this is like food. people say they want a nice healthy diet, but its deep fried everything that sells in the supermarkets. People say they want climate action, but they vote against it. As I mentioned, labor is still being punished for implementing a watered down version of a carbon tax (which was emissions trading phasing into a carbon tax eventually, and this was still seen to too extreme)

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney

I don't think this goes far enough.

I think we need to be rounding up the non-believers and sending them to re-education camps.

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't think this goes far enough.

I think we need to be rounding up the non-believers and sending them to re-education camps.
Do you understand that Australia is the world's 2nd worst per capita carbon emitter in the world and one of the biggest fossil fuel exporters in the world?
Does this bother either of you?
Sure , I realise every Murdoch editorial at the last election backed the coalition, which was a large part of the loss imo , but instead of attacking the Murdoch propaganda, Albo lurched to the right.
It is appalling leadership.
I'm not sure you guys understand the community sentiment, the urgency of the climate emergency or how shockingly bad Australia's carbon footprint is.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Do you understand that Australia is the world's 2nd worst per capita carbon emitter in the world and one of the biggest fossil fuel exporters in the world?
Does this bother either of you?
Sure , I realise every Murdoch editorial at the last election backed the coalition, which was a large part of the loss imo , but instead of attacking the Murdoch propaganda, Albo lurched to the right.
It is appalling leadership.
I'm not sure you guys understand the community sentiment, the urgency of the climate emergency or how shockingly bad Australia's carbon footprint is.
No I agree with you.

There should be zero tolerance of expression of the wrong opinions.

Round 'em up!

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Seriously.

I do have kids. The so called "climate emergency" is the least of my worries for them.

It's bullshit.

Are you a member of the Australia Club, Bruce?

Pell's a great fella and Climate Change is all bullshit.

Is Dan a Dictator and Peta Credlin a worthy Order of Australia Recipient?

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Are you a member of the Australia Club, Bruce?

Pell's a great fella and Climate Change is all bullshit.

Is Dan a Dictator and Peta Credlin a worthy Order of Australia Recipient?

I didn't say climate change was bullshit. I said the climate emergency is bullshit.

No, I am not a member of that club. The only memberships I hold are to local sporting clubs.

Dan's enthusiasm for "emergency powers" does lend itself to the nickname.

Pell and Peta are matters of opinion. I've never said Pell was a "great fella" and I take no notice of Queens Birthday honours. It seems that for every conservative you hate there will be a "progressive" that the conservatives hate. It's a nothing argument.

Saint

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I didn't say climate change was bullshit. I said the climate emergency is bullshit.

No, I am not a member of that club. The only memberships I hold are to local sporting clubs.

Dan's enthusiasm for "emergency powers" does lend itself to the nickname.

Pell and Peta are matters of opinion. I've never said Pell was a "great fella" and I take no notice of Queens Birthday honours. It seems that for every conservative you hate there will be a "progressive" that the conservatives hate. It's a nothing argument.

I think career politicians giving career politicians awards like that degrades al the people who actually earnt them going above and beyond, regardless of their side of politics.

So climate change isn't an emergency? Most of the rest of the world seems to think it is.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
I think career politicians giving career politicians awards like that degrades al the people who actually earnt them going above and beyond, regardless of their side of politics.

So climate change isn't an emergency? Most of the rest of the world seems to think it is.

I'm no stranger to swimming against the current.

That said, I don't think that "most of the rest of the world" think it's an emergency.

Feb 18, 2003
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Jeff thinks Dan should resign because the state locked down when he was on sick leave?

I’d say Jeff should resign but I can’t think of an organisation stupid enough to have him as spokesman anyway

After what Jeff did to Victoria he is no position to make any comments. Some of us have very long memories of the destruction King Jeff wreaked upon everyone.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
A leader who seems to suffer from memory loss?
Point me to any political leader that doesn’t suffer this affliction?
I’ll give you some time, as much as you’d like.👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back