Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still on board with seeing if we can't turn delta around but not for much longer. There needs to be a set of restrictions for still going for zero, and another to suppress it until vax rates hit targets.

Speaking of which.. can we please keep up with Sydney on the vax rates? We're in the same position, why aren't people getting vaccinated?

There's a challenge for Dan - see if he can motivate the 40% people to do something instead of yelling at the 5% of people who ignore lockdown rules to stay st home.

We seem to be 4 times the testing and 4 or 5 times the vaccination rates of VIC at the moment.

Even though our lockdowns are similar the numbers each day up here may finally be having people wake up.

I know a lot of younger people getting AZ because they dont want to wait for Pfizer.

I have followed all the current rules as required as it is the right thing to do, i'm at the point now we he can get f’ed if he brings in harder rules for those who have been doing the right thing, rather than following up on the ones who haven't or should be doing them.

the online shopping rumour is ridiculous in the extreme, their are a lot of people out there that live day to day, and i would doubt the major grocery suppliers would have the infrastructure to manage the demand, are they prepared to leave struggling families without food because the trucks can't keep up the delivery demand.

Whats the online shopping rumour?

Here's an idea go harder at those breaking the rules, especially those who should be in ISO when they are not, rather throwing more rules at those of us that are following the current rules.
Do you see that helping compliance?

We seem to be 4 times the testing and 4 or 5 times the vaccination rates of VIC at the moment.

Even though our lockdowns are similar the numbers each day up here may finally be having people wake up.

I know a lot of younger people getting AZ because they dont want to wait for Pfizer.

I was wondering about the testing but that's been the surveilance testing in NSW. Problem is slows turnaround times on results to several days, so NSW is stopping it.

We had the same debate here last year and it's why we never started it.

I am far from a Dan fan but why NSW have refused to learn from everything that Vic did in the second half of last year (right and wrong) does my head in.

I was wondering about the testing but that's been the surveilance testing in NSW. Problem is slows turnaround times on results to several days, so NSW is stopping it.

I am far from a Dan fan but why NSW have refused to learn from everything that Vic did in the second half of last year (right and wrong) does my head in.

Because they are all arrogant pricks who think they are better than the other.

If they go with what all the rumours are saying, zero chance he has people on side, i'm of the belief it will actually make non compliance worse, keep throwing rules at people and they will eventually push back and i would be interested to see how they police them, because if you listen to the police they are already under stress, adding all these extra things will make it near on impossible for them.
Spitballing here but could he get away with a message in 1 week (of current restrictions) that we have tried as best as we can and now we are giving up to just mandatory indoor mask wearing and social distancing 1.5m?

Online only
Including groceries? That would be utter madness and genuinlely dangerous.

How many people do it now? And a whole range of old people wouldn't have a clue how to do it. Coles and Woolies aren't set up to do that for the whole population.

But I'm probably killing someone's family for suggesting that's a bad idea.

Spitballing here but could he get away with a message in 1 week (of current restrictions) that we have tried as best as we can and now we are giving up to just mandatory indoor mask wearing and social distancing 1.5m?

I doubt he will do that mate, they are set on zero, i don't see that changing. Personally keep the rules we have for now, and go harder at those who should be in ISO with it, if you go harder at those who are following the rules, and there are a bigger % for now who are, then you are going to make it worse. I have a couple of really good mates who i play golf with who are rusted on Labor to the extreme, we have had a few disagreements through all of this, and even they have had enough now.

That's not his MO. He'll go hard.
I recall towards the later part of LD2 he was talking about living with virus that we might not be able to get back to zero, that we could be at chronic 5-10 a day. So he might be able to recognise defeat; it’s not like he didn’t try as opposed to the bin chicken

How many people do it now? And a whole range of old people wouldn't have a clue how to do it. Coles and Woolies aren't set up to do that for the whole population.

That is the rumour doing the rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt he will do that mate, they are set on zero, i don't see that changing. Personally keep the rules we have for now, and go harder at those who should be in ISO with it, if you go harder at those who are following the rules, and there are a bigger % for now who are, then you are going to make it worse. I have a couple of really good mates who i play golf with who are rusted on Labor to the extreme, we have had a few disagreements through all of this, and even they have had enough now.
I agree on hitting compliance and consequences

I recall towards the later part of LD2 he was talking about living with virus that we might not be able to get back to zero, that we could be at chronic 5-10 a day. So he might be able to recognise defeat; it’s not like he didn’t try as opposed to the bin chicken
We'll probably hit vaccination targets by the time he's ready to concede defeat. Hopefully by that stage the states become a bit more pragmatic about case numbers.

VIC has the same lockdown as NSW. And is still having cases every day. So is VIC actually doing the right thing ?

This. The disappointed dad routine is getting old.

Its difficult to work out what the right approach is. Gladys is like the mum who lets you get away with anything, Dan is like the dad whose expectations are sky high and goes off at you for the slightest transgression (even though it is the kid down the street who was actually doing the wrong thing and you just get punished for it).

I’m almost coming around to that point. Keep quarantine, keep isolating positives and close contacts, keep indoor masks and social distancing mandated. Gradually come out of lockdown, maybe after a couple of weeks. Vaccinate like hell.

The dire situation in the American south shows us what happens to a relatively under vaccinated population that removes all restrictions. As a matter of political vanity.

If we had good compliance with such measures it would be doable. Problem is, many that rail against lockdown tend to be the ones who won’t wear masks, won’t vaccinate. Which means potential disaster.

I’m almost coming around to that point. Keep quarantine, keep isolating positives and close contacts, keep indoor masks and social distancing mandated. Gradually come out of lockdown, maybe after a couple of weeks. Vaccinate like hell.

The dire situation in the American south shows us what happens to a relatively under vaccinated population that removes all restrictions. As a matter of political vanity.

If we had good compliance with such measures it would be doable. Problem is, many that rail against lockdown tend to be the ones who won’t wear masks, won’t vaccinate. Which means potential disaster.
Maybe compliance would be better- maybe people would call out antisocial behaviour (not wearing mask) if there were consequences (fox people by posting pictures on social media) yeah I know massive can of worms…

No, it’s definitely a terrible idea. Won’t happen.

There's still appointments available.. Dan was yelling that yesterday... and we're even behind the national average! WTF are people doing!?
Other states have opened Pfizer for 16-39s. With so many open spots the 40+ group have had enough time to book. It should be expanded Monday and the vaccination rate will quickly go up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back