Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AZ is available for younger people. I have a lot of respect for our youth who've taken it.
it being available in theory and a decent number of them having been able to get in practice are two different things.

And agree on the second point.

AZ is available now. Set a date when everyone has had their chance to be fully vaccinated, then open up.

Choice is key. If people want to catch covid, who are we to stop them?

Not outside NSW.

Outside NSW you still have to find a gp willing to give it to under aged peeps, who is willing to do it with patients not on their books. A lot of people have been knocked back by GP's.

To kick on, it needs to be approved for the state Vax centres without a gp referral

The curve has been flattened, and there's plenty of AZ for everyone. The vulnerable oldies have had sufficient time to prepare, and many have chosen not to take a vaccine.

Time to shelve lockdowns for good. The fearful can stay inside for the foreseeable future or take their chances by venturing into the scary outside world.

Why should the strong continually make allowances for the weak and needy? Let evolution take its natural course.
The oldies (70 plus) has been an outstanding success by both federal and states governments.

Got me buggered why some want to continually bag the rollout.

Not outside NSW.

Outside NSW you still have to find a gp willing to give it to under aged peeps, who is willing to do it with patients not on their books. A lot of people have been knocked back by GP's.

To kick on, it needs to be approved for the state Vax centres without a gp referral

Yeah, by the sounds of things the Feds haven't sorted out the AZ vaccine indemnity thing with GPs yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke they had on the news last week about the MCG plan said it’s very good at picking up people who are actually infectious. It won’t pick up everyone who’s positive but those it misses aren’t infectious so for a footy game it’d work great.
Not necessarily it misses 30% of positive and maybe it’s those who are less infectious (that is not proven btw) but even so when those people later get symptoms and test positive they contact trace back and then you end up having to isolate large numbers at footy game (because there was transmission during this outbreak even though it was the interaction at food sales/ toilets). And half those attempting to attend get a false positive and then have to go to get pcr, isolating until result.
So use of current rapid test is a no for me.

There will be zero tolerance of lazy racial stereotypes around the school outbreak, as a frequent poster on this thread just discovered.

AZ is available now. Set a date when everyone has had their chance to be fully vaccinated, then open up.

Choice is key. If people want to catch covid, who are we to stop them?
Az available yes but is not approved for children; and even if everyone got injected today for 1st shot (logistically impossible) would still be 2-3 months before 2nd shot. So I agree set a date but I’d set that date 6 or more months away. Maybe 1st March?

The oldies (70 plus) has been an outstanding success by both federal and states governments.

Got me buggered why some want to continually bag the rollout.

the 70+'s are not the problem. They are at 40% fully vaxxed and 80% single dose. The issue is the 50-70 age group (20% fully vaxxed, 50-70% single). This is the group who have held off waiting to get pfizer later in the year (inc some who had the first az dose which is baffling)

the 40's numbers are good (considering the restricted pfizer supply), and the 20-40's outstanding (considering they are mostly volunteering to take AZ)

1628112198383.png

the 70+'s are not the problem. They are at 40% fully vaxxed and 80% single dose. The issue is the 50-70 age group (20% fully vaxxed, 50-70% single). This is the group who have held off waiting to get pfizer later in the year (inc some who had the first az dose which is baffling)

the 40's numbers are good (considering the restricted pfizer supply), and the 20-40's outstanding (considering they are mostly volunteering to take AZ)

View attachment 1196282

the very age group who were told get AZ/don’t get AZ/ get AZ

I'd love to see our pollies set xmas or the new year as a concrete target. The soft targets that rely on anti-vaxxers and the hesitant do the rest of us no favors.

Throw us a bone or two ffs.
You'd have to wait until Pfizer is available to the 16-40 bracket then set a goal

apparently the second school thats been closed has not had positives yet - just precautionary

my assumption (massive guess, no data) is one of the workers or families of the students may cross over, so they are locking down as a precaution (which is a good move)

apparently the second school thats been closed has not had positives yet - just precautionary

my assumption (massive guess, no data) is one of the workers or families of the students may cross over, so they are locking down as a precaution (which is a good move)

Dan needs to lock us down now
Every minute of delay is another week in lockdown!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back