Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people do you think die each year in Australia?

How many do you think will die from COVID-19 over the next 2 years ?

I'm aware people die but thanks for pointing it out.

Covid deaths over the next two years in Australia? At least 40,000 I'd suggest. Plenty of them will have died within the next two years anyway, but plenty will lose 10+ years, even with underlying conditions.

Last edited:

Do you run a cafe or something like that and aren’t allowed to ask people for proof of medical exemption? That’s ridiculous. If you have an exemption, you should have to provide proof of it, especially if that is impacting on someone’s business.
One of the managers at a Leisure Centre and work at a Bar in Melbourne, and nope, not allowed to ask. People don't have to provide proof. Apparently its and invasion of privacy.

One of the managers at a Leisure Centre and work at a Bar in Melbourne, and nope, not allowed to ask. People don't have to provide proof. Apparently its and invasion of privacy.

it sounds like that loophole will be removed with the vax passports. apparently making it easy to businesses to review and confirm is the main priority (because if not 100% they will not be used)

How do they do it in France I wonder. They seem to be the furtherest down the track.
My boss lives in Bordeaux - the only two options are the vaccine passport, or you need to prove that you've had a negative test within the last three days. I'm not entirely sure if the passport applies to every single venue or if it's just for mass gatherings.

I've been checking in where they've had the manual sign in sheets. Can't QR code check in when I don't have a phone

if we follow Italy, you may be in trouble

there you are banned from even getting a haircut if you cant prove your vaccination status

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there you are banned from even getting a haircut if you cant prove your vaccination status

The best option for me, given how a lot of the elderly ( my parents included the phone they have is so old ) are not up with technology is maybe you have a card, much like your medicare card, or something similar.

The best option for me, given how a lot of the elderly ( my parents included the phone they have is so old ) are not up with technology is maybe you have a card, much like your medicare card, or something similar.
Will probably need to be a valid for 12 months thing until you get the next booster shot

Been doing my own hair for years, $20+ for a .5 that takes 3 minutes... lol

same

my phone is old and neither the Vic Health app nor QR codes work on mine

If there is a sign in sheet I use it, but some places dont have them

Exactly and for the record my details are filled in correctly.

Been doing my own hair for years, $20+ for a .5 that takes 3 minutes... lol

Exactly and for the record my details are filled in correctly.

not just that though. Moving from Italy to Canada, if our rhetoric becomes reality and we are following these models, you wont be going to a restaurant, pub, concert, footy, or gym for some time

UK and Canada are issuing letters for now. Longer term it makes sense to imbed it on your medicare card

The thing I don't get about potential Vaccine passports to allow you into restaurants, gyms, etc, is that vaccinated people can still carry and spread the virus

Not anti-vax or anything, I get my 2nd dose in two weeks, but i just don't see how barring people from these venues is anything more than a giant stick rather than actual health measurements?

The thing I don't get about potential Vaccine passports to allow you into restaurants, gyms, etc, is that vaccinated people can still carry and spread the virus

Not anti-vax or anything, I get my 2nd dose in two weeks, but i just don't see how barring people from these venues is anything more than a giant stick rather than actual health measurements?

i think its because vaxxed people if infected are less likely to pass it on as easily as someone who isnt. its all about slowing the speed of the spread IMO

UK and Canada are issuing letters for now. Longer term it makes sense to imbed it on your medicare card
Or you could make the COVIDSafe app finally useful and embed it in there. Linked to Medicare/MyGov, only on your primary phone number and have it open via face or fingerprint ID. Probably need a date and time stamp on it too to ensure people aren't gaming the system with screenshots.

Should roll the update out sometime in 2024...

We can’t afford to have the unvaccinated catching it flat out as they end up in hospital at a much higher rate than the vaccinated. Basically we are trying to limit the amount of people who end up in hospital.

Or you could make the COVIDSafe app finally useful and embed it in there. Linked to Medicare/MyGov, only on your primary phone number and have it open via face or fingerprint ID. Probably need a date and time stamp on it too to ensure people aren't gaming the system with screenshots.

Should roll the update out sometime in 2024...

its currently in the medicare app, but its not front and present (takes 3-4 steps to see it)

if you know how, you can save it to google pay or your phone. It then sets up widget that allows you to open it on your screen with fingerprint verification

yes, i agree 90% of people wont know how to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back