Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's called the law idiot. Has been for a long time.

Public drinking laws came in circa 1990 and are an embarrassment on our society. Most countries in the world allow public drinking, barely tax alcohol and allow alcohol to be sold pretty much everywhere. Obviously can’t do that here as the binge drinking culture is so bad.

It's called the law idiot. Has been for a long time.
You are embarrassing yourself. It is true that some councils prohibit alcohol in all of their public spaces, some restrict the time in which you can consume alcohol, some bans are just for special events (NYE, Aus Day etc..) and some restrict in just some areas.

Most inner city LGAs permit drinking in some or all of their parks and have done so since well before Covid.

It's un-Australian to ban the public consumption of booze.
It's actually embarrassing how nanny state we still are about it compared to the rest of the world.

Public drinking laws came in circa 1990 and are an embarrassment on our society. Most countries in the world allow public drinking, barely tax alcohol and allow alcohol to be sold pretty much everywhere. Obviously can’t do that here as the binge drinking culture is so bad.

It's legal in NSW unless locally restricted. It's illegal in Victoria unless locally permitted.

I love NSW. We have seen the light after our dalliance with lockouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh? Wasn’t complaining about being pulled over.

“Check how many cases in Kew.”

Sounds a lot like bitching to me along with the implication that the same compliance testing was perhaps not happening in the areas with the most cases.

Have you spent a lot of time in Craigieburn lately? How would you be able to make that distinction?

No what I am saying is simple.

You don't need to go to the park and get hammered. Most people who go to parks don't. They might walk their dogs, fly kites, ride bikes...it wouldn't be too hard to find a sign regarding public alcohol consumption and a $500 fine that on the sign as well.
Just go away please.

Was great to see my nephews and niece at picnic with fairy bread today...this idea that you have to drink at a picnic....when it is basically illegal to consume alcohol in parks anyway is stupid. You simply don't need to and my time with my nephews and niece proves that point.

The problem is Dopey and Gumby don’t want you lowering your mask to drink alcohol, so how did you eat your fairy bread with your mask still on? Or are Dopey and Gumby just full of s**t as usual!

“Check how many cases in Kew.”

Sounds a lot like bitching to me along with the implication that the same compliance testing was perhaps not happening in the areas with the most cases.

Have you spent a lot of time in Craigieburn lately? How would you be able to make that distinction?

I’ve been pulled over in an area with zero cases, turned out to be a great thing now as they made me change my license address which is very handy now local businesses are doing ID checks.

I’ve also driven through Covid central in a few occasions without even seeing a single cop car, let alone being pulled over for being 100s of kms from home.

Anyone watching this live?

The protesters walked up Bridge Street and then turned down Burnley Street, where the rally stopped and sat in the middle of the street shouting “you serve us” at police.

Police used capsicum spray to subdue some protesters, who were closed in on both sides by officers carrying batons.”

But yesterday sitting in the street was perfectly legal? 🤷‍♂️

The protesters walked up Bridge Street and then turned down Burnley Street, where the rally stopped and sat in the middle of the street shouting “you serve us” at police.

Police used capsicum spray to subdue some protesters, who were closed in on both sides by officers carrying batons.”

Cornered now.

If this was a spreading event wouldn't it make sense to have let them shout at the spring street govt building instead of walking around the inner streets of Melbourne.

I thought this was about health?

Also what's the max hours a police officer can work.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back