Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to know the rationale here? Career politicians aren't really in the business of handing over power are they?

he is the face of covid in victoria

as long as he is on a ticket, any election will be a referendum on "is covid good?"

the only reason the ALP have a chance of winning that election is the incompetence of the opposition leadership, but only an idiot banks on that being your re-election strategy

add to this fatigue. I suspect that many of our premiers will retire post covid just because they are beyond nutted

The demographic of these people are mostly born from commission housing who went to the worst schools sat at the back of the classroom, loud and disruptive and for their lunch break snuck out to the back of the oval to smoke bongs. They nearly all dropped out by year 9 and 10. Most would have at some point thrown a chair at a teacher. Its a real coming together of intellectuals.

The demographic of these people are mostly born from commission housing who went to the worst schools sat at the back of the classroom, loud and disruptive and for their lunch break snuck out to the back of the oval to smoke bongs. They nearly all dropped out by year 9 and 10. Most would have at some point thrown a chair at a teacher. Its a real coming together of intellectuals.

I'd suggest many of them have daddy issues. No good male role models in their life.

If this was a liberal state government, I'd probably be dead right now given Michael O'Brien barely knew which state he lived in and would've been a disaster. I always said that it was the lesser of 2 evils and unfortunately the person who caused the issue was the best person to fix it. And whoa, he did. Covid free for what 3-4 months before SA leaked before Valentines.

I see you’ve got your facts as good as a Dan press conference, completely twisted.

Valentines was a Victorian hotel quarantine breach
The SA leak happened at the same time as yet another Victorian hotel quarantine breach.
This lockdown is due to poor practices at Victorian testing sites that allowed transmission from an infected person to the traffic controllers.
It’s also due to Dan going the early crow and declaring Delta defeated despite that breach occurring and them having no idea for weeks just how it did.

I'd suggest many of them have daddy issues. No good male role models in their life.

True.
Thats an interesting point.
There's a poster who has made many references to nazis in this thread without looking into the social causes of it, its why we study for it not to happen again. In truth there's a crossover and a diversity for this fight. The biggest commonality they have for one another is a genuine stupidity. In 2021 its anti social, outcast, dark corners of the Web, anti vax movement that is the greatest challenge.
Obviously all in ll they have a lot in common with the sprinkling of nazis also present.

No more ******* around, time to crack skulls
Yep, they've imperilled the states vaccine rollout.

At that point it's no longer a "protest".

I've very specifically avoided the cheering on of cops, calls for heavy handedness, praised arrests etc. But the line is being crossed into domestic terrorism, where violence is being employed in a way that risks all Victorians. *in flog the campaigners. Time for preemptive police action. No more fines, arrest organisers.

They've got the means and the info.

Treat this seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year counts because Dan was in charge then. If you think it's just down to Gladys, just do a donkey vote next year, because it makes no difference to us.
The vaccine redistribution was agreed to by national cabinet, which Dan is a part of and only ended up short changing Vic by 33k doses.
If you think Sydney and Melbourne are ostensibly in the same situation for the last 2 years, you've got no clue and aren't worth any further discourse.

That was my point last year counts as failure of Vic system and this year wasn’t due to any failures in the Vic system.

You are using this years situation in Victoria to fuel your narrative, you may have convinced yourself you aren’t but you are.

Btw I’m not the one clamouring for anyone to resign, political parties are more than just the ones guy who leads them you realise. If Merlino had been in charge say since Jan we’d be in the same position we are right now.

Potentially the NSW government. Going hard lockdown didn't work in Victoria this time, it may not have worked in NSW either

Stopping Delta seems to be more relying on luck with how much the initial cases spread it

It has been going undetected in community in Vic before we locked down, that was the kicker.

That’s true, people need to realise that life will never be the same in a post covid world, just as things changed forever after September 11 2001 or Australia changed forever after the Port Arthur massacre, Events like these change the world or country’s forever and it won’t be the last time it happens

Two other significant events people have wild conspiracy theories about

Lol, stop frauding. WW1 Anzacs were looking for an adventure. They weren't fighting for society lmao.

Jesus, some of you need to get off the neolib koolaid.

HurleyHepsHird haha this sh*t is so cringe

What text book told you that one, a get out of gaol for the white feather brigade. Next time you are out of the city stop at a country town war memorial & select 'think for yourself' mode.

We all love Melbourne, wouldn't live here if we didn't, but it's been a shitshow under his watch. Hence 0000s of people leaving.
Not many enjoyed all the social and mental health problems created by his mismanagement and now our march towards thousands of deaths. If you worked with the kind of people I've worked with all my life, you'd point out his flaws (whinge) as well, until he's gone from office.

It’s hardly a stampede leaving, and it’s only been during covid, some moved to NSW to avoid lockdown, which didn’t go so well.

Place was booming before covid, and basically has been since the 90s (so we can give credit to both sides of politics for this), and certainly since Andrews came to power in 2014 until covid hit. I see no reason why we won’t return to pre covid growth levels when we are open again.

There’s an election coming up 2022 in just over a year in Vic, people can decide who they want in charge of the state then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back