Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Morrison and Andrews need to go. Just have to ignore the posters who treat politics like football - it is really embarrassing when people claim the high moral standard but will deflect with ‘yeah but Liberals’ when you point out Andrews’ performance at ‘the inquiry’. Andrews, just like Morrison, is not fit for office.
A Cabinet Minister, indeed an MP, has negligible need to lie. Out of all vocations that is one where you don’t need to ‘cut corners’ due to time constraints and workload pressures, and can scrupulously go by the book.

Last edited:

At one stage, would no one in the Soviet Union would predict that they would have fallen and broke apart.

A lot of times human enthusiasm can carry a system in which by nature is faulty and unsustainable.

This system does not flat-out work, it is reaching breaking point. Vote Labour Out. Vote Liberal In. Vote Labour in with a minority government. Vote Liberal in with a minority government. Rinse and repeat.

We can vote Liberals in and they can do the exact same thing as Labour Victoria is doing. Vote in and out isn’t the solution nor the answer. The issue is the system and a need for a hardcore change and honest discussion. What’s happening in Victoria is wrong, yes, Dan Andrews is going it but Liberal can and probably in the future will do the same if given the chance.

I remember clearly and visibly, millions of Australians protesting their involvement in Iraq war. Millions of Australians didn’t believe in the WMD lies, and didn’t support the war. Howard STILL went to war when millions in Australia were protesting against it whilst the war being unpopular and unsupported generally throughout Australia. Howard cost Australians billions of dollars, Australians lost their lives and Iraq is chaotic and divided more than ever and because of the ISIS rose.

So no, even if majority are against it, majority protest against it, the establishment through the centralization of power can do anything they want against the popular opinion of the masses.

So sadly to inform you, you are totally wrong, and I actually wish you were right,
I agree we need to make it easier for third and fourth parties to gain power so we can have more alternatives. Ive posted numerous ways that this can be achieved on this forum before.

i also believe in introducing more direct democracy. I just find it weird that when the liberals finally gave the people such an opportunity (the same sex marriage referendum) so many people were against it. We need more referundums within our democracy on key social issues. although using electronic online voting would be a better approach as its cheaper and quicker.

I think it's more in relation to the multiple post on the same page.

Didn't see anybody advocating for letting it rip on the page. Just a suggestion to work towards removing mandates eventually.

It's gotten to the point where if you don't want to indefinitely wear a mask it's assumed you want to murder fellow civilians and tear down the health system.

I genuinely read a post the other day that said they didn't care that Andrews lied at the enquiry, because at least he doesn't disappear when needed like Scomo. Like Scomo being an incompetent buffoon absolves Dan's lies.

It's so strange how much some people love and defend the indefensible with this dude.
Your anecdote isn't defending the indefensible. It's a comparison, and a view of the 'lesser of two evils'.

The fact that we seem to have a stance of the Federal Government vs the Victorian Government. Rather than the Federal Government vs the opposition, is more of a problem. And leads to more of the tribalism and defense of the indefensible.

In the same way, your post could be viewed as a defense of Morrison. But we both know you aren't actually defending Morrison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see anybody advocating for letting it rip on the page. Just a suggestion to work towards removing mandates eventually.

It's gotten to the point where if you don't want to indefinitely wear a mask it's assumed you want to murder fellow civilians and tear down the health system.
You've made an implication, that isn't advocated or worded anywhere on the page. But you've responded to a post that draws parallels to that position.

It's the same thing that the poster you've responded to has done.

You're not being unreasonable with your view, based on everything else. I'm just trying to reason with you, that your response wasn't fair.

I think we’re nitpicking if we are going to get upset with masks or QR code’s. If living normal involves these two items, I am so okay with that.
They don’t seem to have them in WA. Looking at a lot of footage from Perth over the last couple of weeks was like recapturing what life was like pre-2020. 😢

They don’t seem to have them in WA. Looking at a lot of footage from Perth over the last couple of weeks was like recapturing what life was like pre-2020. 😢

Thats why I laughed the at Labor parties post yesterday blaming the Federal government for the GF not being in Melbourne as when you look at WA it was party like it’s 2019!!!

Just like Daniel Andrews they have no middle ground. It's why his people worship him. It's like the tiktok video I seen the other day of someone saying well I hope all those protestors/rioters don't take the government's money that they're paying you to stay at home... But fails to understand the basic concept of its the government who's stopped the ability of people to earn there own money and are forced into handouts. Some parts of society love the hand outs, others not so much.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

If you don't agree with everything the government tries or does , you are in the let it rip brigade around these parts.

Came to post the exact same thing!!!

Oh it was all Mikakos...

Such deflection that they are still trying to blame everything on Jenny, they love to throw a female minister under the bus. Yet the one female minister who'd deserve it continues to escape any criticism.

Although in fairness if the Minister for Incompetence was thrown under a bus she'd break the bus ;)
When asked today about the 4000 ICU beds promised Dan basically implied he can’t be held accountable for old promises. Can we believe ANYTHING he promises?

When asked today about the 4000 ICU beds promised Dan basically implied he can’t be held accountable for old promises. Can we believe ANYTHING he promises?

I do like how his messaging changed from denying it ever happened, to saying we shouldn't need to deliver it and hopes he never has to deliver on a promise he denied ever making, to now saying this!!!

We need a roadmap to remove the mandatory usage of masks and all other covid restrictions. It's being done elsewhere. The LNP should focus their efforts there if they want to win the next election.

Scomo says such things will remain next year. And realistically they aren't really restrictions when you think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back