Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Ned, you’re not that naive. Dean Mighall started this with the ETU, using the Greens as leverage to get more out of the Labor party.

Setka isn't even in the party anymore (jumped or got pushed)

He genuinely hates key people in the Vic alp because he blames them for his "troubles"

Feb 2, 2001
Valhalla
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
Just a question, given the areas known with the outbreaks and there being a lot of incidental transmission at local venues and the like, why can't there be tougher LGA lockdown measures?

I know the previous "ring of steel" to the north west last year was a failure due to the whole essential worker thing, but why can't changes to setting there by different. No pick up takeaway. No leaving LGA other than permitted work.

Surely it's worth a try to limit the gross numbers and allow those of us in areas barely affected by the virus to get on with things quicker?!

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Just a question, given the areas known with the outbreaks and there being a lot of incidental transmission at local venues and the like, why can't there be tougher LGA lockdown measures?

I know the previous "ring of steel" to the north west last year was a failure due to the whole essential worker thing, but why can't changes to setting there by different. No pick up takeaway. No leaving LGA other than permitted work.

Surely it's worth a try to limit the gross numbers and allow those of us in areas barely affected by the virus to get on with things quicker?!
Dans sticking with October 2020s playbook.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur

The Premier has said numerous times it doesn't work. I doubt that is something he would go back on

Abers

Club Legend
Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton, Aberfeldie

You don’t actually expect them to try anything different this time do you?

if you look at the exposure site map, its all over Melbourne

even at the start of this thing, it was hitting Stkilda and Port Melbourne (PM always seems to cop it for some reason)

As we've seen in Sydney, locking away the 80% still means the 20% is enough to spread it onwards and upwards

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS

Locking down whole LGA is not right, you will penalize those who from those suburbs who are doing the right thing ( i'm fully vaxxed and stick to the rules), just last week moved to Tarneit from Reservior, why should i be punished because of other assholes, be tougher on those breaking the rules, not those who are not, this has been my bug bear through all of this and why the compliance has gone IMO, you are punishing those doing the right thing, and those people have had enough and it is why we are were we are now.

Feb 2, 2001
Valhalla
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
even at the start of this thing, it was hitting Stkilda and Port Melbourne (PM always seems to cop it for some reason)
Fishermen's Bend industrial precinct would be a major thing, plus whilst PM is considered a flash address nowadays, there are some areas of bad behaviour with regards to drug use and the like through public housing west of Bay Street.

I still think you're wrong about trying something. Spread will continue anyway, sure, but you could take a bit of sting out of it with some heightened targeted measures in my view, especially if the spread is in local restaurants.

Sitting on one's hands for a homogenised 'metro setting' smacks of laziness and is not proportionate. For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not requesting changes to metro, just some honing in to really stamp things down in the areas that will be responsible for the major runs on hospitals in the coming weeks.

Feb 2, 2001
Valhalla
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
Locking down whole LGA is not right, you will penalize those who from those suburbs who are doing the right thing ( i'm fully vaxxed and stick to the rules), just last week moved to Tarneit from Reservior, why should i be punished because of other assholes, be tougher on those breaking the rules, not those who are not, this has been my bug bear through all of this and why the compliance has gone IMO, you are punishing those doing the right thing, and those people have had enough and it is why we are were we are now.
Well, one thing we can agree upon is that there needs to be something done, either by actually policing behaviour in those local zones, or by tightening restrictions.

Our government seem to just sit on their hands.

Fishermen's Bend industrial precinct would be a major thing, plus whilst PM is considered a flash address nowadays, there are some areas of bad behaviour with regards to drug use and the like through public housing west of Bay Street.

I still think you're wrong about trying something. Spread will continue anyway, sure, but you could take a bit of sting out of it with some heightened targeted measures in my view, especially if the spread is in local restaurants.

Sitting on one's hands for a homogenised 'metro setting' smacks of laziness and is not proportionate. For the avoidance of doubt, I'm not requesting changes to metro, just some honing in to really stamp things down in the areas that will be responsible for the major runs on hospitals in the coming weeks.

I dont disagree with trying something new, but this isnt it. It failed in 2020 here, and its failed in 2021 in Sydney

in any case its irrelevant now, govt has given up and the cops have made it clear they wont do s**t (and they have openly said they will not enforce any ring of steel again). we are just in hold your breath mode until vaccine numbers get to 80%, the focus is on minimizing the hit on hospitals (and for the record, i hate every bit of this, but it is what it is - this is what people wanted so we just have to deal)

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS
Well, one thing we can agree upon is that there needs to be something done, either by actually policing behaviour in those local zones, or by tightening restrictions.

I noted on the weekend in my area of Tarneit the police chopper was spending a lot of time hovering around.

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn

We do what we should have done 14 months ago. accept the virus and move on with life, like the rest of the western world. No need to let it rip, but no need to be hermits either.

I read them, but i dont understand how you can force a private business owner to provide a product they choose not to sell.

Protected attributes pertain to employees....
I completely understand why you cannot discriminate against employees in the workplace....but that has nothing to do with the products you choose to provide for sale to the public.
If one business won't supply what you want, aren't there plenty of others that will? I don't understand why the first business must be forced to comply with something they don't agree with. It's only going to create resentment and reinforce their attitude.

Maddhew

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
interesting conversation on RRR radio right now

talking to someone about the Doherty modelling, and how the models were made in June before Sydney or Melbourne had their recent outbreaks, and was mostly based on alpha variant information - i.e - less transmissible, children largely unaffected etc

anyway - the guy just put the magical '80% (adult) vaccinated ' number for opening up in a different light

that would leave 9.2 million Australians unvaccinated at that point - 9.2 million people

Why Matthew Guy? Seems to bring the exact same value as OBrien.
Because the Victorian liberal party is basically irrelevant at the moment and has no talent and no idea why only the rusted ons will be voting for them.
Some of them actually still believe of Credlin was leader she’d lead them to a landslide victory

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC

that article mentions 70-80% but is that talking adults or entire population?

the modelling also assumed that contact tracing was still on top of everything - clearly NSW is not on top of contact tracing at all, and has given up

the article there also said 'modelling based on 30 infections a day, even if that goes to 800, it wouldn't make much of a difference' - yeah ok, but what about double that again, which is what NSW is at

I think people are getting sold that this magical vax % will be the cure and everything will be fine - it wont be

9.2 million people still unvaccinated at 80% adult vax - that is a hell of a lot of unprotected people

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Me and my partner got our first Jab on Friday of Pfizer. Everywhere was booked up and had to book in at Melbourne showgrounds November 5th. OK no worries.
She just gets a message saying because of her health conditions, she cant go there, has to get it fine at a hospital.
She explained all the hospitals were booked up so we didn't have a choice. Could they see what they could do? Transfer her to a hospital booking around that date?
Nope, that's your fault, she should have gotten AZ...
But because of her low immune system and weaker organs from cancer she wasn't allowed to get AZ...
Nope, sorry we can't help you, you should have gotten AZ

So your GP advised no AZ & refused to help you get Pfizer ? Get a new GP.
I've got a low immune system & have changed GPs late last year.
Hard to understand how iit would happen unless you are self diagnosing/going alone.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Are there not tens of thousands of kids that have been molested by priests? Hundreds of thousands worldwide?

did the catholic church not just ignore it but covered it up?

Not to mention the sadistic treatment dished out to children in the name of discipline?

And the catholic church consistently promoting bigotry against lgtbiq folk?

as well as constantly being anti medical advances such as stem cell and ivf etc?

constantly trying to enshrine its imaginary friends edicts as law that we all have to obey, rather than just insisting its adherents comply

all the time whilst paying zero tax on tens of billions of dollars of profits?

theres good reasons why the catholic church is derided.
That may well be.

Equally so any other religion or culture that you daren’t mention.

But I’m talking about the adherents, not the institution. They’re not one and the same.

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
Hard to understand how iit would happen unless you are self diagnosing/going alone.
No it was the Covid Hotline.

Not sure in Victoria what access GPs have to Pfizer for over 40s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back