Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd because they dont parallel ?
Need to be even , see free kicks ???

No, it was very simply explained by Andrews today.

GP's had been dosing people at a much higher rate in NSW. These are federally distributed vaccines. The reason being, as the numbers show that it is because GP's in NSW had been looked after whereas those in Vic weren't.

It's pretty easy to work out now that the data has been made available.

Well looks like some in the Orthodox Jewish community just can't help themselves. Police should storm the premises and arrest all the adults.

this issue has been simmering away prior to the engagement party. some rabbi's have been conducting private ceremonies, and the community is very divided over it

If you can find one post on this board insulting a Muslim for his perceived beliefs I’d be very surprised.
Fairly sure I have attacked sharia law as forking bulltish example of religion mixing where it is not needed. Not in this thread, probably in the @why I blame Islam for it raining thread”

Fairly sure I have attacked sharia law as forking bulltish example of religion mixing where it is not needed. Not in this thread, probably in the @why I blame Islam for it raining thread”
Again, moving from the religion/culture to the adherents.

Criticise (fairly) the religion or institutions all you like. I’m talking about the endless sneers at christians.

The irony is, I’m not religious.

If you can find one post on this board insulting a Muslim for his perceived beliefs I’d be very surprised.
Any muslim that wants me to obey his gods laws rather than just obey them himself can go eat a big bag of scomo.

hows that?

Again, moving from the religion/culture to the adherents.

Criticise (fairly) the religion or institutions all you like. I’m talking about the endless sneers at christians.

The irony is, I’m not religious.
main sneer at christians I remember is how the christian beliefs seem to unduly influence american politics, and how scomos pentecostal money christian belief (which seems to me, as an non religious person who has read the bible, the very example of money changers in the temple ie not christian)
i think you misread anti catholic sneer as being against the believer when I have only read it as against the institution (which you also indicate as fair game)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would that be scary?
Because there is a looming federal election, they'd prefer the governments management of the pandemic to be a s**t show and what is about to happen doesn't fit the narrative.

The criticism of vaccine procurement is fair, but the problem is fast being fixed. There will still be nuffies talking about failure of Hotel Quarantine and failure to build purpose built quarantine.

We are a few months away from our metrics being the envy of the world and they will point to successful government handling of the pandemic.

Well you should go back to see how Kennett & Co got rid of the tag 'Victoria, the rust bucket State'.
He did the heavy lifting & if you werent about , hopefully your view doesnt represent an educated view.
How Victoria went bad in the 80s is as informative as how Bracksy powered up the economy of the 2000s.
Lol. Sure thing. The finance manager at my workplace (a very smart cookie, and yes, very well educated ), at the time kennett was ‘getting things in order’ said to me all this stuff is short term gain and it’ll mean long term pain. Kennett will look good on the surface for awhile but we will be paying for this for many years and it’ll prove to be way more costly in the end, fixing up the damage he’s doing. And I have reflected many times over the years, how spot on he was.

The Federal govt is obviously going ''all-in'' on their position to s**t on Victorians (pretty much the only thing they've been consistent on), with the deliberate diversion to NSW of all already limited vaccine supply.

There's a fairly clear political calculation here. Electorally, they're probably thinking Vic is a lost cause - or at least, they probably can't get any more unpopular. There will still be the rusted on Libs determined to pin the entire fiasco on Andrews, but overall most correctly recognise that Morrison et al are responsible.

As the ''PM/Government for NSW'' and really, without a shred of integrity left, I kind of expected them to secretly distribute majority of the vaccines to NSW (corruption not held to account begets more corruption), particularly once the official position became ''It actually is a race, now'' and a very clear pivot to downplay cases, hospitalisations, deaths, more cases spilling over throughout the entire eastern seaboard and New Zealand, months of lockdowns resulting, businesses unnecessarily crushed, looming second recession - and instead focus on NSW ''winning'' the vaccine race, arm in arm with the Federal government - bravely marching towards the new normal.

Meanwhile, those ''other'' states. Largely unvaccinated, the limited supply they could expect diverted away from them, subject to taunts by the PM and Treasurer to ''open up'' by Christmas so we can all forget about the catastrophic last two years and say a prayer of thanks to Scott and the girls over Christmas dinner. Brave Scott who fought against the authoritarian lockdown Premiers to save Christmas for Australia.

Well looks like some in the Orthodox Jewish community just can't help themselves. Police should storm the premises and arrest all the adults.
No need for that just wait them out. If they choose to stay there then cool they can stay there for 2 weeks and meals will be provided and they can still cop the fine on top.

Don't want to create any bad imaging by storming a place of worship.

Not sure exactly. Dan said in his presser he didn't begrudge them having extra Pfizer during August. Bottom line is, NSW have gone heavy on AZ, because they have the motivation. What happens from here on is important I guess. People in other states might want to stop with the "first world problems" mentality around AZ and get vaxxed, otherwise they may be like NSW and Vic in coming months.
Big fuss over nothing?

Just heard the libs had a change of leadership.
This might spell bad news for DAN!
I didn't hear who it was they selected but he couldn't be worse than the utter shittruck they took to the last election
Dunno the new leader wants to restart school and University from year 11 up and not separate families (this statement was not explored on abc) but was very clear it was open now not waiting for particular vaccination targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back