Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beggars belief eh. That said I don’t expect much from Andrews and his government. Absolute arseclown. He is still hiding behind the ‘health advice’ in respect to the curfew. We’re all paying the price for Andrews’ inability to police the outer north and west (as if the people in those areas are going to follow the vaccinated v non vaccinated rule).

Outer north and west?

How do you stop the Jewish community running amok in Caulfied/Ripponlea etc?

Some people are a law unto themselves and no amount of police presence will cause them to amend undesirable behaviour.

Outer north and west?

Some people are a law unto themselves and no amount of police presence will cause them to amend undesirable behaviour.

For me labelling an area is wrong, i now live in the west and most of my golfing social club does as well, we have not seen each other this whole other than via a facebook call to discuss the rest of the season and if we will actually get to complete it and try and organise a trip for late November ( doubtfull :( ), call out the offenders not the suburbs.

Unless I missed it, another poor explanation job today.

So a social gathering between two people (the five is for fully vaccinated people) in a park sitting and eating is not unsafe.

But if those two people were playing golf, it would be unsafe and was described as such today by the Premier.

What am I missing? Was there an explanation as to why a meal in a park was safe but a round of golf was unsafe? Happy to receive any information or clarification I have missed.

So a social gathering between two people (the five is for fully vaccinated people) in a park sitting and eating is not unsafe.

But if those two people were playing golf, it would be unsafe and was described as such today by the Premier.

What am I missing? Was there an explanation as to why a meal in a park was safe but a round of golf was unsafe? Happy to receive any information or clarification I have missed.

No, that about covers it.

A mess, despite best efforts.

Haven’t missed anything. Can’t add too much too soon.. they seem to shi* themselves pretty quickly.
Funnily enough, a golf course would make more sense as you can QR code in, can’t do that at a picnic lol. Wasn’t that the issue with playgrounds? No check in?

Outer north and west?

Should weld the offending synagogue doors shut. The police didn't go hard enough - fancy spending all day waiting outside. Give it a spell. Don't disagree with you though it's the outer north (and west) that are the current hot spots (and were last year as well).

i really dont like the constant references to "freedoms" - either by media, govt, or antilockdown nuffies

I don't know why, just irks

For me labelling an area is wrong, i now live in the west and most of my golfing social club does as well, we have not seen each other this whole other than via a facebook call to discuss the rest of the season and if we will actually get to complete it and try and organise a trip for late November ( doubtfull :( ), call out the offenders not the suburbs.

I hear what you are saying but compare Hume to say Knox the past 18 months. If people in Hume followed the rules I suspect the mess wouldn't be as bad (and people in Knox wouldn't be living in home detention). The government has failed in dealing with people in hot spots. The person who helped kick off lockdown 5 by shopping in a Craigieburn Coles was meant to be at home isolating. Didn't even get a fine (yet alone gaol). Work that out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The CHO's "health advice" should just about cover it. This roadmap on Sunday is going to be a roundabout.

I hear what you are saying but compare Hume to say Knox the past 18 months. If people in Hume followed the rules I suspect the mess wouldn't be as bad (and people in Knox wouldn't be living in home detention). The government has failed in dealing with people in hot spots. The person who helped kick off lockdown 5 by shopping in a Craigieburn Coles was meant to be at home isolating. Didn't even get a fine (yet alone gaol). Worknd that out.

You won't get an argument from on people breaking the rules should be punished, it is what has got us here now, I've been big on this all along but was told we need the info, ******* lot of good that has done. And let's be honest we know why they are going soft in the north and west.

It’s better then I expected, but Melbournians are totally fatigued from these lockdowns. It’d be a different matter if they worked and we weren’t also the poorest performing state Covid wise. At least Dan is slowly swallowing his pride and adopting the strategies that he mocked Gladys for. Please replace him ASAP, labor party!

You won't get an argument from on people breaking the rules should be punished, it is what has got us here now, I've been big on this all along but was told we need the info, ******* lot of good that has done. And let's be honest we know why they are going soft in the north and west.

We don't need the info now (we did some time ago). Contact tracing is virtually finished. They are trying to plug holes in a dyke that has collapsed.

Now we need to stick some c*nts in jail.

Just on golf...a lot of our courses are members only and members do not necessarily live close by. As soon as they are opened members will travel further than the 10kms (or limits) to got on their course. This will cause issues for the clubs if it gets policed. Members are paying a bomb to be locked out and not all courses are reimbursing for what is missed. Having said that I am hanging to play my local public once again.

Vic Health are shocking, overworked or bad systems in place.

True dinks.
Family member covid positive, Eastern suburban.

His wife sms last night, her and kids are negative.
This morning Phone call from a medical officer telling her she is positive.Nothing on the kids.
She blows a gasket.Asks for definative results for all.

No return phone call, but sms late today.You are a close contact and need to isolate and get tested.

What a fragmented chaotic system.

Vic Health are shocking, overworked or bad systems in place.

True dinks.
Family member covid positive, Eastern suburban.

His wife sms last night, her and kids are negative.
This morning Phone call from a medical officer telling her she is positive.Nothing on the kids.
She blows a gasket.Asks for definative results for all.

No return phone call, but sms late today.You are a close contact and need to isolate and get tested.

What a fragmented chaotic system.

I laugh at those who suggest the government have prepared us in the best way possible, in terms of our medical system.

Just on golf...a lot of our courses are members only and members do not necessarily live close by. As soon as they are opened members will travel further than the 10kms (or limits) to got on their course. This will cause issues for the clubs if it gets policed. Members are paying a bomb to be locked out and not all courses are reimbursing for what is missed. Having said that I am hanging to play my local public once again.
True but clubs should be able to police that pretty easily as they would have their addresses on file. Could just threaten suspension or expulsion from the club if they are caught doing the wrong thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back