Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is happening here is Daniel Andrews is looking for a reason to extend Lockdown to ease pressure on the Health System and by blaming Melburnians for "partying" takes the heat of Dan for ******* up with ICU beds and the $1.3B he promised to spend on surge capacity in our hospitals. Plain and simple and on cue for our premier.

Yesterday Dan said "I'm not trying to blame anyone", but that is what he did, as well as threatening to extend lockdown.

Its 100% covering their backsides, just in case they need to use it.

Some hospital staff may be doing interview based contact tracing especially with surprise positive cases
Does that assume people are presenting at hospital and 3 days after being exposed?

Spot on. It doesn't matter anyway, get used to these numbers. I'm fine with those afraid not leaving their house anyway when we open up with these daily numbers.

Less traffic, easier to get into restaurants....only good things.

Presuming they will still be in self lockdown with such daily numbers.....

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Same here, i'm happy to get on with my life, stay home if it makes you feel safer.

So now the left are protesting ******* brilliant

Friends of the Earth have organised a National Day of Climate Action for October 1. Groups or individuals have been asked to send a message to the Federal government in the lead up to the critical UN climate meeting in Glasgow which will begin at the end of October.

The world is at a pivotal point with regard to international co-operation that will set us on a pathway to mitigate the escalating crisis of global warming.

The next decade is crucial. World leaders have pledged to take to this conference ambitious plans and targets to reduce the emissions in their countries by 2030, making it achievable to then reach zero emissions by 2050.

Four weeks out from the conference Australia has still not released its plan and is adhering to the reduction pledge of five years ago (26-28% less than 2005 emissions) Australia's Climate Council says the science needs us to be at 75% reduction by 2030 if the 2050 target is at all achievable.

Our own federal minister Darren Chester has expressed deep concerns over his party dilly dallying on a consensus on climate action. Our prime minister is now saying he might not go to the conference due to other matters at home.

With deep frustration, Friends of the Earth have organized this National Day of Climate Action to expose our government's inertia in moving to accept and act on the reality of global warming.

Photos of the various national events will be posted as a wall on social media. Wellington Climate Action Network is participating in this action tomorrow (October 1) and we would appreciate it if the Gippsland Times could give it some media coverage.

People don’t always guess correctly when it comes to judging risk (that’s what risk is sometimes you get it wrong) the difficulty here is
- infectious disease isn’t something that many are able to have accurate risk judgement
- you risk judgment about your own interactions could be wildly off due to the behaviour of those you interact with

In the end control your controllables (ie get vaccinated) and let the rest sort itself out. Follow the roadmap which also means follow removing restrictions at the vaccination levels.

True, some people will always misjudge their risks hence hundreds die every year on the roads. But it doesn’t stop me making a sound judgement on when it’s safe to do 105 and when it’s not.

Same with Covid, of course I’ll wear a mask in a shop, but I also judge there is no need to wear that mask walking the streets. Allegedly using cricket nets was banned under restrictions, but being something o can do by myself it’s clearly not a risk!

People can make informed decisions based on their circumstances, but you get the goody two shoes in here who apparently follow every single rule to the letter of the law. It’s like Dan telling people if they visited their mother on Mother’s Day last year would definitely lead to you killing her…

Part of why compliance is so low is because they go so hard people think * it and then may make less smart decisions. But it’s the fatigue of following the sensible and the ridiculous.

Construction back open Tuesday. 50% allowed on big sites.

other authorised workers: Need to have one jab by October 15. Must be fully vaccinated by November 26.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeroen said that most of the 500 were scattered throughout the EAST now. The EAST is now the culprit.
Meanwhile 2/3 of the numbers are still in the North and West.

I love how they keep lumping the eastern suburbs in with Dandenong, Pakenham areas when they do their daily updates now…

Mandatory vaccinations for every authorised worker now, this is going to get interesting…
Technically that was already in the roadmap for 80% as you were required to be vaccinated to work away from home. This is more of a clarification to say it applies to all not working at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back