Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its news because someone has a contact .... not many journo types doing 'investigative' these days.
Suspect that it is individuals contacting the newspaper (there’s a submit your story link in the article) so I think it’s places that aren’t used to waiting room medicine (due to lack of nursing staff but there’s no ratio in a waiting room) who are crying loudest. Example the EP quoted (Simon Judkins) primarily works at Austin hospital and I’ve been told by others that work there that normally waiting room is not well catered for/ organised/ prioritised (opinion is they aren’t used to bad things coming in via waiting room )

Suspect that it is individuals contacting the newspaper (there’s a submit your story link in the article) so I think it’s places that aren’t used to waiting room medicine (due to lack of nursing staff but there’s no ratio in a waiting room) who are crying loudest. Example the EP quoted (Simon Judkins) primarily works at Austin hospital and I’ve been told by others that work there that normally waiting room is not well catered for/ organised/ prioritised (opinion is they aren’t used to bad things coming in via waiting room )

I also think a lot of what they’re complaining about and attributing to Covid have always existed, they’re just getting more airtime now. It’s all due to a lack of funding or effort to fix them by this government because there’s always a more public problem to throw money at.

If Covid didn’t hit it when it did it would have been the fire devices getting some of the money they so desperately need because there’d been a bad fire season. But Covid stopped that. Health has never before had this big public issue for it to become a must have for funding.

I also think a lot of what they’re complaining about and attributing to Covid have always existed, they’re just getting more airtime now. It’s all due to a lack of funding or effort to fix them by this government because there’s always a more public problem to throw money at.

If Covid didn’t hit it when it did it would have been the fire devices getting some of the money they so desperately need because there’d been a bad fire season. But Covid stopped that. Health has never before had this big public issue for it to become a must have for funding.

It’ll be fixed when the subs and tanks arrive

We better hope cases have peaked. Otherwise the next few weeks could get very ugly.

Had dinner with friends last night, one of whom is an ICU nurse at the Alfred. Without going into detail, what she told me about the situation is truly frightening.

Let’s just say that you may not want to land in ICU at the moment as it is quite likely the nurse assigned will be under qualified as they have had to fast track staff into ICU roles who are a long way from being ready for these jobs.

And that is just one of a heap of issues she discussed.

Had dinner with friends last night, one of whom is an ICU nurse at the Alfred. Without going into detail, what she told me about the situation is truly frightening.

Let’s just say that you may not want to land in ICU at the moment as it is quite likely the nurse assigned will be under qualified as they have had to fast track staff into ICU roles who are a long way from being ready for these jobs.

And that is just one of a heap of issues she discussed.
Yeah a friend of mine retrained as a dietician and completed his course mid last year. He's currently working in a covid ward at a Vic hospital. Not doing full on nursing just assisting with some of the more menial tasks.

Anyone know if we’ve caught up on PCR testing yet? My brother in law yesterday got a text saying his test is no longer valid due to the time length and that he can be out of iso.

Didn't they get all of whatsername's GoFundMe money? Millions? Last I heard they were pondering how to spend it.

Anyone know if we’ve caught up on PCR testing yet? My brother in law yesterday got a text saying his test is no longer valid due to the time length and that he can be out of iso.
mum had a test yesterday with melb path and the results just came through

I read somewhere that 100,000 tests were “dumped” and that no results wouid be forthcoming. Not sure whether in Vic or NSW (or both).

Complete shitshow.

I read somewhere that 100,000 tests were “dumped” and that no results wouid be forthcoming. Not sure whether in Vic or NSW (or both).

Complete shitshow.
test have been dumped in both states

People that got tested over new years were getting texts a week ago from the pathology labs saying no result was coming

of course the media that has run with the stories are only running with the Vic issue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People that got tested over new years were getting texts a week ago from the pathology labs saying no result was coming

of course the media that has run with the stories are only running with the Vic issue
In Victoria it's a health and economic crisis

In NSW it's a feature

Total farce

Open your eyes, this is a Dan thread.

'A hospital in Australia’s anti-vax heartland has made the startling admission that all six of the patients currently in ICU are unvaccinated.
Lismore Base Hospital has now been forced to open a third Covid ward, with 50 patients admitted after contracting the virus.'

The Daily Telegraph reported the current crisis is unfolding exactly as doctors predicted, with the majority of hospitalised cases unvaccinated.
“It is as we feared,” Dr Chris Ingall, from the hospital’s medical staff council, told the publication.

“We are seeing an almost exclusively unvaccinated population in the hospital and exclusively unvaccinated in the intensive care ward at this point.'
At just 83 per cent, vaccination rates in the Byron Shire are some of the lowest in the state.

'One of the people in ICU is Mullimbimby-based tarot card reader and reiki master Helen Dean who had previously protested against vaccine mandates.
She caught the virus last month and has been on a ventilator since Christmas Day.
The Daily Telegraph reported she was taken off life support on Saturday but remains in ICU.
Just weeks ago, Mullumbimby-based Archibald-winning artist Craig Ruddy died at age 53 from complications due to Covid-19. He was also unvaccinated.'

'Of NSW’s Covid deaths, 420 were unvaccinated while just 96 had the jab.'

'A hospital in Australia’s anti-vax heartland has made the startling admission that all six of the patients currently in ICU are unvaccinated.
Lismore Base Hospital has now been forced to open a third Covid ward, with 50 patients admitted after contracting the virus.'

The Daily Telegraph reported the current crisis is unfolding exactly as doctors predicted, with the majority of hospitalised cases unvaccinated.
“It is as we feared,” Dr Chris Ingall, from the hospital’s medical staff council, told the publication.

“We are seeing an almost exclusively unvaccinated population in the hospital and exclusively unvaccinated in the intensive care ward at this point.'
At just 83 per cent, vaccination rates in the Byron Shire are some of the lowest in the state.

'One of the people in ICU is Mullimbimby-based tarot card reader and reiki master Helen Dean who had previously protested against vaccine mandates.
She caught the virus last month and has been on a ventilator since Christmas Day.
The Daily Telegraph reported she was taken off life support on Saturday but remains in ICU.
Just weeks ago, Mullumbimby-based Archibald-winning artist Craig Ruddy died at age 53 from complications due to Covid-19. He was also unvaccinated.'

As usual literally nothing to do with the post you quoted

Not heard anyone working on the floor with enough time to worry about funding.

So why are you rabbling on about Northern NSW in the Dan thread?

What on earth is an “anti vax heartland”?

So why are you rabbling on about Northern NSW in the Dan thread?

Which has nothing to do with an article about antivaxxers in hospitals as we were talking about PCR backlogs and tests being dumped

It was your reference to Vic media that I responded to & that is abundantly clear:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back