Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
All Victorian conservatives today are big supporters of IVF. I wonder how that happened over the course of 24 hours?
It’s also counter some forms of Christianity as well (ivf)

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS
Look it's probably closer to 30 years ago. We've been defunding and then trying to privatise healthcare ever since the Howard Government.

It's a source of national shame as far as I am concerned.

Agreed all previous and current governments have ****ed the most import thing, our health system for a long time now, it is ******* disgusting.

Sadly none of the useless campaigners will ever show any regret over it.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Agreed all previous and current governments have f’ed the most import thing, our health system for a long time now, it is ******* disgusting.

We all want more & expect someone else to pay more tax to fund our 'entitlement'.
We are living above our means.

Sep 27, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WILDCATS/STH.FREO/CELTICS
We all want more & expect someone else to pay more tax to fund our 'entitlement'.
We are living above our means.

Health care should not be considered an entitlement

Not all of us live by our means, many are just living.

Maybe the pollies can stop their golden handshakes when they finish up and find what it's like to live in the real world.

Agreed all previous and current governments have f’ed the most import thing, our health system for a long time now, it is ******* disgusting.

The damages of the Howard era are still fully yet to be realised.

11 years of waste and it is just starting to show its full effects.

Look it's probably closer to 30 years ago. We've been defunding and then trying to privatise healthcare ever since the Howard Government.

It's a source of national shame as far as I am concerned.
So if Labor wins federally we will see a reversal?

And let's not forget that over the past 15-16 years in VIC Dan has either been Premier or Health Minister for 11 years.

It got Aus through the GFC relatively untouched with plenty of help from the mining construction boom.
iu

I had no fear because Wayne was here.

Little johhnie cowards "leadership" had 1 great thing gun control, apart from that it was wastage of the mining boom, espionage of east timor, gutting of education, gutting of research, gutting of renewables, ******* over my generation at every turn, not to mention coward should be on trial in the Hague for war crimes (along with Blair and Bush)

I want my share of the mining boom that was stolen from me, I fully intend to get back what was stolen from me.

Punt rd end

67🏆69🏆73🏆74🏆80🏆17🏆19🏆20🏆
Nov 25, 2015
Shane Warne Stand
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL Richmond VFLW AFLW
And let's not forget that over the past 15-16 years in VIC Dan has either been Premier or Health Minister for 11 years
I have a family member that has been involved heavily as a patient in the public system since 2012 and it really has been ok in Vic, new hospitals or upgrades and much happier ambos we really can't complain. note covid has made a difference but anyone needing care has got it.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
So if Labor wins federally we will see a reversal?

I have no earthly idea mate.

But there really is no argument that Howard didn't start it and that the killing off of Medicare has been a LNP policy for decades. What Labor does in anyone's guess but privatised healthcare seems here to stay given the clout of bottomfeederes like Bupa.

I am more interested in whether they can strike a better balance and bring some much needed resourcing to the system. There are hundreds of drugs that should be on the PBS that people in need are paying top dollar for. This would be a solid starting point. An affluent country like ours should be covering it's people better than it is.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
iu

I had no fear because Wayne was here.

Little johhnie cowards "leadership" had 1 great thing gun control, apart from that it was wastage of the mining boom, espionage of east timor, gutting of education, gutting of research, gutting of renewables, ******* over my generation at every turn, not to mention coward should be on trial in the Hauge for war crimes (along with Blair and Bush)

I want my share of the mining boom that was stolen from me, I fully intend to get back what was stolen from me.

This :handpointup:

I have no earthly idea mate.

But there really is no argument that Howard didn't start it and that the killing off of Medicare has been a LNP policy for decades. What Labor does in anyone's guess but privatised healthcare seems here to stay given the clout of bottomfeederes like Bupa.

I am more interested in whether they can strike a better balance and bring some much needed resourcing to the system. There are hundreds of drugs that should be on the PBS that people in need are paying top dollar for. This would be a solid starting point. An affluent country like ours should be covering it's people better than it is.
Maybe, but sounds like more like a joint effort!

"The Australian state of Victoria has provided a case study of a health system stripped down at the behest of big business, with governments both Labor and Liberal, federal and state, enforcing funding cuts for decades.

... The Victorian hospital system entered the 21st century having undergone a battering during the 1990s. Seventeen hospitals were closed down, 10,000 hospital workers’ jobs destroyed, including 3,500 nurses, and 1,400 hospital beds lost under the Kennett Liberal government. This was done with the collaboration of the health unions and based on plans laid by the former state Labor government. The onslaught was funded by the federal government, which was Labor until 1996 and then Liberal-National."

Last edited:
I highly doubt the libs and nats have the balls to pay that debt off.

But there will be a renewables boom and for this nation it is best we are on that boom.
Have you lived through a recession? Don't bother answering because I know you haven't

Have you lived through a recession? Don't bother answering because I know you haven't
Yes 2019 to now, Australia was in a per capita recession then bushfires and covid hit.

Keep up m8

(BTW by posting this you are admitting that Labor from 07-13 are Economic CHAD's who helped this nation avoid the GFC)

randyzany

Premiership Player
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
“All Victorian conservatives today are big supporters of IVF. I wonder how that happened over the course of 24 hours?”

Should we not mention these issues because it’s not something we’ve invested into in the past?

It's the same dumb logic used to criticize those who point out the detrimental impact of lockdowns and other pandemic measures on the mental and general health of people of all ages, particularly the young.

The partisan hacks who used this twisted logic don't have the brain capacity to realise that the flipside of that specious argument is that bleeding heart LWNJs will conveniently label as expendable the health of millions of Australians if a course of action by LWNJ politicians like Disaster Dan deems it to be political expedient to do so.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
I highly doubt the libs and nats have the balls to pay that debt off.

But there will be a renewables boom and for this nation it is best we are on that boom.

Its been some time since double digit interest rates on public debt & its heading that way in the US:

When interest rates reduce the flexibility of government spending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back