Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy to pay higher taxes if I know the money is going towards education and healthcare. If it's going towards HQ fu**ups, over-policing, or Harvey Norman, I'd rather keep the money.
Was meaning federal so hoping towards better welfare/ social housing while taxing the * out of those who have more than one residential property

Was meaning federal so hoping towards better welfare/ social housing while taxing the fu** out of those who have more than one residential property
Do that and you kill the rental market. It’s bad enough as it is now with the returns and pro-tenant rules. And don’t forget most new public housing now is investment property owned by average people leased to the government

Imagine thinking that the current job market, insecure and undermemployment as well as the crazy house prices doesn't affect the younger generation disproportionately to the ones now approaching retirements
All this is very true, when I left school we had good long-term job prospects and when you got one you could literally take it to the bank and get yourself a loan for a car or house. these opportunities are now scarce for the young ones

All this is very true, when I left school we had good long-term job prospects and when you got one you could literally take it to the bank and get yourself a loan for a car or house. these opportunities are now scarce for the young ones
It's far easier to get a loan now. The problem is that our youth have been priced out of the market.

Do that and you kill the rental market. It’s bad enough as it is now with the returns and pro-tenant rules. And don’t forget most new public housing now is investment property owned by average people leased to the government
do you have a link for that last claim (when I think public housing I think the giant towers or scattered houses which I thought were owned by DFFH)

was more looking towards something which could collapse the whole housing market bubble. Yes people will hurt.

I'm happy to pay higher taxes if I know the money is going towards education and healthcare. If it's going towards HQ fu**ups, over-policing, or Harvey Norman, I'd rather keep the money.
If I vote against the LNP, which I will, I'm voting against the party which is giving me (as a top 20% earner) a big tax cut.

If I was given the choice on that specific item, I'd still vote against it. Probably because I've got 3 kids and I know enough of the money will be spent on healthcare for them, and other children and people just like them who couldn't otherwise afford it outside of the medicare system.

The LNP are the worst economic managers. They promote and enact inequality which is bad for everyone except a very few at the top of the pile (top 5%).

Inequality has always been contemporary Australia's biggest problem. From the rum rebellion to the Great Depression and the white shoe brigade of the 80's and now it's happening again. It'll bite them on the ar$e eventually, it always does. It's just how many die, get sick and/or live in poverty in the mean-time.

do you have a link for that last claim (when I think public housing I think the giant towers or scattered houses which I thought were owned by DFFH)

was more looking towards something which could collapse the whole housing market bubble. Yes people will hurt.
You would expect that most wise investors would be ‘positively geared’, at a time of record low interest rates.

Or do the parasites, who have arranged their affairs to ensure they minimally contribute to community services, expect us to cover their loan repayments when rates return to 8% - because forfeiture would ‘kill the rental market’.

How pitiful has your life been where, outside of children, the major achievement has been bludging off your neighbours. You can quite comfortably build an investment portfolio, and wealth, without having to negatively gear so as to avoid your PAYE tax.

If I vote against the LNP, which I will, I'm voting against the party which is giving me (as a top 20% earner) a big tax cut.

If I was given the choice on that specific item, I'd still vote against it. Probably because I've got 3 kids and I know enough of the money will be spent on healthcare for them, and other children and people just like them who couldn't otherwise afford it outside of the medicare system.

The LNP are the worst economic managers. They promote and enact inequality which is bad for everyone except a very few at the top of the pile (top 5%).

Inequality has always been contemporary Australia's biggest problem. From the rum rebellion to the Great Depression and the white shoe brigade of the 80's and now it's happening again. It'll bite them on the ar$e eventually, it always does. It's just how many die, get sick and/or live in poverty in the mean-time.
The ALP have supported the Tax cuts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the point I am missing? I am (selfishly) pro tax cuts and anti negative gearing.

Labor is only supporting the tax cuts because they have bigger fish to fry. Do you really think they would have pushed legislation reducing tax for the rich had they been in government?

Your comment was a silly deflection.

Labor is only supporting the tax cuts because they have bigger fish to fry. Do you really think they would have pushed legislation reducing tax for the rich had they been in government?

Your comment was a silly deflection.
Of they feel that strongly about it they should grow the cajones and contest the next election with that as their policy. Let the people decide…you know…democracy

Of they feel that strongly about it they should grow the cajones and contest the next election with that as their policy. Let the people decide…you know…democracy
Surely you aren’t thick enough to know that fighting against already legislated tax cuts is political suicide. Whether the policy is correct or not, you know full well that if they fought against it then they’d be no hope in hell they could win an election.

Surely you aren’t thick enough to know that fighting against already legislated tax cuts is political suicide. Whether the policy is correct or not, you know full well that if they fought against it then they’d be no hope in hell they could win an election.
Because a majority supports the tax cuts?

Look at what happened when they did that last time.

I'd say they need to get into office first and then make their changes.

And don't spout "democracy" in here like a buzzword. The current federal government is the least democratic in our history. No federal ICAC despite promises and a balance sheet that effectively shows a heap of rorts and handouts to their rich mates.

Look at what happened when they did that last time.

I'd say they need to get into office first and then make their changes.

And don't spout "democracy" in here like a buzzword. The current federal government is the least democratic in our history. No federal ICAC despite promises and a balance sheet that effectively shows a heap of rorts and handouts to their rich mates.
So, vote them out

So that makes ALP policy acceptable?

Because a majority supports the tax cuts?
Mate come on. They are plenty of people out there who would support tax cuts to 0% regardless of the consequences it would ensue.

People will always support tax cuts because they don’t care about the funding cuts to essentials public services as long as they’re hip pocket is a little bit better off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back